KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 9 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,357
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Sini 1
Popular Topics(Views)
2,051,777 Trump card
1,347,075 Picture Thread
483,033 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#86809 04/03/11 07:00 PM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
I am not really getting DF, everything but most trivial mobs kicking my ass in a bad way. So far I tried fighting ghost, shadow knights, lesser fire elementals... they all kick my ass. I randomly exploring around, and seems every spawn I find is full of grizzly death. Mobs ether swarm you (5+ attack you at once) or kick your ass outright.

Here is my approach:

1. Buff up
2. Sprint to a target with greatsword ready
3. Rotate through every power (draw close and knockback seem useless, but I still include them) attack while maintaining contact with a mob

With this approach I can't seem to kill anything but most trivial mobs. Now when I start using magic and kite I have a lot less problems, but getting regs seems to be huge hassle (30 minutes of mining/herbing for 2 minutes of fighting).

Is melee a dead end in this game? Magic or GTFO? Is there good way to get regs, farming is too painful... but mage vendors seem to only sell 1 type (like bone) per city.

Suggestions please.

Last edited by sinij; 04/03/11 07:01 PM.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Ok, all those three mobz are a challenge even for veteran players. Yes, even lesser fire elementals when there are like 4 pounding on you.

Archery is better for farming mobz in DFO. When they can be hit by archery (so SK, ghosts and elementals are a no-no unless you use elemental bows). If your toon skills are low, you have to farm with at least one partner : crossbuff before the fight, the guy with aggro parry while the other attack the mob in the back. When needed, crossheal.
Debuffing the mobz if you have the right spells can be a good thing too. But your priority should be to get the haste buff (fire school 25), heal other and sacrifice (spellchanting 30) so you can be efficient in group farming.
If you need money, I'm almost sure we still have people doing kraken farming which anyone is able to participate in.

If it has not changed from last time I played, mages sell all the regs.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Get in a group, learn the game with KGBers. Pick Mobs that are your skill level.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
If you are on this afternoon I will run w you to kill shit. Just let me know which city you are in and I will be there. Also another good tip is to use daggers on mobs. smile

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from auplod.com]
Missing in Action - October 2021
Missing in Action - October 2021
Originally Posted By: Arkh

If you need money, I'm almost sure we still have people doing kraken farming which anyone is able to participate in.

Yup we still here doing the Kracken at times but not like we did before.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Former Member
Former Member
I'm repeating some of what others have said but here we go...

There have been atleast 2 patches that made mobs harder to fight, grouping up of course helps. there are not many good mobs(locations) to solo PvE and most likely not as efficiant( the faster you kill, the more you kill, the more graves to loot)

If making money is the goal for the day then you want to of course farm mobs that drop good money, if skilling up is the goal then something that does little damage and also you don't kill to quickly and end up waiting is what you want to farm.

Daggers have the highest DPS for melee weapons for both PvE and PvP but it is much harder to use in PvP, that being said I would farm with your longer range 2 hander to skill it up.

DarkFall in many aspects has lots of things that each only help a little but throwing as many things as you can in ends up making a bigger difference. For melee buff your strength and quickness to do a little more damage a little faster. Boost your resistances with stoneskin(if they melee you) and the appropriate damage specific ones that the mob has in its arsonal(I think lighning protection for shadow knight and ghost and fire for fire elementals)

Don't sprint in ready to melee because just like another player they will probably already be attacking you from range and you are doing nothing but getting damaged and draining stamina...try leading in casting or bowing untill you get in melee range then melee..start with ww and then on the 5th consecutive hit que up power attack.

You could also try getting thier health down to a comfortable amount while staying in range, either by jump kiting(careful though many mobs can out run you and they will stick to your back and waste you) or by keeping them right at thier leash point and when they turn to run back to the spawn you can either get back shots for more damage or turn around yourself and stat up(this is my and many others preferred farming method).

Going along with the "keep em at thier leash point" tactic, make sure you don't get to deep in the spawn and find yourself surrounded by and aggroed by every mob. Try to single them out to the leash point one at a time

Again farming for skill ups you want it to be easy enough to not die or have to stop and rest and hard enough so you are continually smacking something(you can find 2 easy mobs close to each other and bounce back and forth so you have no down time, This can be tweaked furthermore by using a higher or lower rank weapon/gear)

Farming with 2 people is probably best for most medium/hard(not epic and maybe not all hard) mobs. the cooldown for heal other and sacrifice is much less than for heal self and witches brew(with is an aoe). also being able to heal who has the aggro while they finish off a mob is valuable. So 2 players teaming up on a mob they have singled out at the leash point, then immediatly healing each other and stating up can go right back to luring the next mob out in the spawn, rince,repeat,BANK.

Once you get these spells/skills and practice these tactics even two newer players if they have each others back will find they need to travel in betweeen atleast 2 spawns to keep from just sitting there waiting on respawn and will make bank and be skilling up the same toon skills and player skills needed for PvP at the same time.

Also all NPC arcanist sell all the regs, make sure you open up all the tabs.

Sorry for long post smile

PS get in vent!!!!!!!! I or others will help you get the hang of it( just not critter, hang out with him and you will dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Oh and stick with it...It only gets better.

Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
I started figuring out PvE, with understanding leash points I can kill most solo-able mobs.

Next is understanding PvP, so far it looks like it all about casting and melee is largely non-viable unless for some reason fight in in close quarters (like on a ship). For some reason melee has no snare, no charge, and no stun while magic has root (shoots you up in the air, but functionally the same) and CC (like blind). Plus bunny hopping everywhere. Strange design decisions.

[Linked Image]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
sinij I think you nailed PVP right on the head. Its basically a few spells that you can own anyone with(like the one you knock ppl in air with). Once they are grinded up in magic they will usually get you to about 1/4 health then melee to death. Yeah bunny hopping is an exploit that the devs approve for some reason, but its probably because they don't know how to fix it. Take it what it is it does have some good points and going with experience players does make it a bit more fun. Just get ready for the grind!!!

[Linked Image from img401.imageshack.us]
Former Member
Former Member
Melee is just as importent as magic, if your oppenent gets with in melee range he will most likely use it(especially if you still have a bow or staff out) then jump back out and go back to ranged...rinse, repeat.

Since everyone can do everything then magic is you range damage and/or CC.

I highly suggest watching some of the pvp videos and really pay attention what they do and when they do it(look at there hot bar and see what it is that they que up). Then once you get your toon at a comfortable level start dueling people, those of your level and mid to vet players. You'll get the hang of it.

Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
I am having harder and harder time liking DFO. Garbage combat really gets on my nerves. In PvP I have a) hard time telling people apart (how do I turn health bars/names to always stay on, not just on mouse-over?!) b) I have impossible time getting into melee range with anyone c) I have impossible time hitting anyone moving around obstacles with archery d) I can't seem to do any damage that isn't trivially outhealed, all while my heals do nothing at all.

I keep telling myself "you will eventually get to PvP" but its harder to keep believing in it.

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard