KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 32 guests, and 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Raist
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,020,686 Trump card
1,339,216 Picture Thread
478,047 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Missing in Action - October 2021
Missing in Action - October 2021
Originally Posted By: Pickens Heretic
I agree with you there to a degree Mithus. The "grind" is one reason I left, but I only took a 2-3 month break and expected to hardcore grind when I returned. And I did.

My only issue with people that left Darkfall is this, in a nutshell:

1. If you left due to the "grind" ... I understand.
2. Explaining that's why you left ... Thank you. So at least we know.
3. Talking down on the people in KGB whom continue to play DFO, regardless of the "grind" ... unsatisfactory.
4. Any other reasons you left (i.e. money got tight, family issues, work getting busy, etc.), understandable.

But again, if you quit the game, don't talk shit to the others whom obviously still enjoy it. Negativity within the Clan towards other Clanmates that are still having fun is demoralizing & does not need to happen, nor needs to be tolerated.
Simply put, if you don't enjoy a game, personally, don't play it & explain your reasons, but there is no need to harp on others whom still play just because you don't get satisfaction from it anymore. It's pointless & you will eventually not be looked at too nicely by the others you've unwillingly spoke down upon.

*steps off his soapbox*

Thank you for your time & patience.

I agree !!

I really wish those of you who dont play just keep it to yourself because there is still some of us that really like the game and will be here until KGB moves out of it and onto something else.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Prism
I agree with you there to a degree Mithus. The "grind" is one reason I left, but I only took a 2-3 month break and expected to hardcore grind when I returned. And I did.

My only issue with people that left Darkfall is this, in a nutshell:

1. If you left due to the "grind" ... I understand.
2. Explaining that's why you left ... Thank you. So at least we know.
3. Talking down on the people in KGB whom continue to play DFO, regardless of the "grind" ... unsatisfactory.
4. Any other reasons you left (i.e. money got tight, family issues, work getting busy, etc.), understandable.

But again, if you quit the game, don't talk shit to the others whom obviously still enjoy it. Negativity within the Clan towards other Clanmates that are still having fun is demoralizing & does not need to happen, nor needs to be tolerated.
Simply put, if you don't enjoy a game, personally, don't play it & explain your reasons, but there is no need to harp on others whom still play just because you don't get satisfaction from it anymore. It's pointless & you will eventually not be looked at too nicely by the others you've unwillingly spoke down upon.

*steps off his soapbox*

Thank you for your time & patience.

I agree !!

I really wish those of you who dont play just keep it to yourself because there is still some of us that really like the game and will be here until KGB moves out of it and onto something else.

Really???? You expect us KGB to keep quiet about anything some one post about???

May as well tell all the dogs in the world to stop sniffin asses .

P
Former Member
Former Member
P
[/quote]

Really???? You expect us KGB to keep quiet about anything some one post about???

May as well tell all the dogs in the world to stop sniffin asses .[/quote]

No, I expect the shit talking regarding people still playing to stop. If you don't like it, that's fine. I've played DDO & LOTRO ... but I don't basically harass those playing those games due to my feelings on those games. I've said why I left them & pretty much left it at that.
Every once in a while, I would pick on Grizo about DDO, but I really didn't take it further than that.

KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Just to clarify, its not DFO that is bad, its AV that is the problem. Considering the large amount of personal money I gave AV over the course of nearly 2 years, I will continue to point out what a shitty job they do and what a travesty DFO has become.

In addition to that, let me add that I don't attack or put down people who play DFO. I bust Jet's balls and that is about it, and even that is tongue in cheek. To expand even more on this issue, you (the KGB Oracle) only sees about 1/10th of my issues with DFO game dynamics. I still work behind the scenes with some of the AV Dev team to try and help them identify what the short and long term issues that need to be addressed in order to give DFO any type of hope of lasting more then the next 6 months.

The facts are the facts. AV is broke, Tasos is a fucking meglo-maniac douche bag, who could give two shits about YOU the player. If AV doesn't do something soon to retain its subscription base, there won't be a DFO to play. That is exactly what my previous post identified, addressed, and analyzed.

Let me further add, that even though I don't have an active account anymore in KGB, and haven't for the last probably 6 months, I still give countless hours of effort to secure KGB's place in what is left of DFO politics, and keep the KGB brand as solid as possible by driving out douche bags, liars, and spies.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
[/quote]

May as well tell all the dogs in the world to stop sniffin asses .

No, I expect the shit talking regarding people still playing to stop. If you don't like it, that's fine. I've played DDO & LOTRO ... but I don't basically harass those playing those games due to my feelings on those games. I've said why I left them & pretty much left it at that.
Every once in a while, I would pick on Grizo about DDO, but I really didn't take it further than that. [/quote]

Who is shit talking?????????

A post was made and people reply.

This is not the DF forums so its open game not to mention public. It would be different if some one jumps into a DF forum and starts shit talking the game.

The game I am currently playing gets trash talked all the time and I could care less.

Last edited by Helemoto; 12/16/10 01:21 PM.
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Helemoto

This is not the DF forums so its open game not to mention public. It would be different if some one jumps into a DF forum and starts shit talking the game.

The game I am currently playing gets trash talked all the time and I could care less.

Well to everyone involved in this thread the point here Hele makes is good. Those of us not playing in DF also got locked out of many of the DFO sub-forums for what was "shit talking" back a few months.

I don't see those threads, I'm not involved in those threads so of course I cannot comment but honestly do we need some thicker skin here? Are we getting a bit hurt about shit talking a game you all like and we don't? Come on, this is KGB, shit talking is a pre-requisite and if this hurts feelings I'm sorry but I have more to worry about than me talking bad about a game and walking on egg-shells for peoples feels who don't' wanna shit talk it.

Really?

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Also one last point..

No where, no time have I heard of bad "shit talking" about a person, persons or people who play DFO.

We may not like the game, critisise it heavily but it's a game and it's open for that type of remarks.

Now if were to come in and say Pickens is an asshat and nutcupper for playing it then yes, that is wrong. KGB members before games.

Again, maybe it's me (and I'm sure it is) but not once have I see people put down other people for playing it outright. Sure there is some "ribbing" but it's not like I would NOT talk to anyone who plays DFO even if I feel it's not my liking..

I mean Prism is one fucking hell of a guy and I wouldn't care if he was playing PoopShoot Online I would still respect him as KGB member and of course ask him WTF he was doing but other than that, he's a mate, a member, a brother. Respect it.

P
Former Member
Former Member
P
I will say this, none of those that are jumping on what I've stated any of the people that it was directed to. So don't take offense. The person or persons it's directed to have either not read up since I posted it, or have done as asked & silenced on it.

I agree with the both of you on just saying "this is why I left & these are my reasons behind my decision" ... and there's no ill will or misinterpretations behind that.

I made this a public thread intentionally. The words that not only am I tired of hearing comes through the oracle in both public & non-public areas, as well as comes through Ventrillo.
It is posted here, because we are all "supposed to be" on the oracle at least often enough to know what's going on.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I will say this, none of those that are jumping on what I've stated any of the people that it was directed to. So don't take offense. The person or persons it's directed to have either not read up since I posted it, or have done as asked & silenced on it.

I agree with the both of you on just saying "this is why I left & these are my reasons behind my decision" ... and there's no ill will or misinterpretations behind that.

I made this a public thread intentionally. The words that not only am I tired of hearing comes through the oracle in both public & non-public areas, as well as comes through Ventrillo.
It is posted here, because we are all "supposed to be" on the oracle at least often enough to know what's going on.

Well stated my friend and we do understand..

KGB > Any game past, present or future.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Longshanks
Just an FYI: .. for 2k, overnight 10-12 hours I suppose, I went from 28 to 32 water .. so ~500 gold per pont at lower levels & I had 3 points left when I logged in (so -1 hour for server down).

Actually something to ask here..

As you skill up in game it's a crap shoot if a cast spell or swung sword will get you a net gain. Is the offline that too or is it a fixed curve?

In other words is there variability to the offline skill ups like playing or for 20h you know your going to get X amount of skill points?

Cheers,

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard