KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 55 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Winter
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,031,364 Trump card
1,340,908 Picture Thread
478,856 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#68627 06/17/10 10:46 AM
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
hey guys with permission from leadership i would like to lead a pvp practice tonight at 7pm cst. if i'm not wanted to lead one as a regular member i understand and will delete this post.

areas for this practice.

1v1 in 4 forms
1)melee
2)archery
3)mage
4)free use of all.
(this is for general practice to get to know each others styles to help improve any and all aspects of pvp as possible)

2v2 in 2 forms
1)full out fight support each other and kill
2) 1 fight other only heal/buff (2 fighters only fight the other fighter. the healer/buffers only heal/buff nothing else)
( this is to work on working together and also work on peoples cross healing and ability to heal in middle of battle. healing moving target takes alot of work to get good at. getting to know ur partner/allies play styles and ability to learn there fighting habits and movements will help to anticipate how they will react in a fight maybe giving u a edge on healing on the go.)

full group vs group in 2 forms
1)inner city battle like we have done before around the mage/church area.
2)full city attack 1 group leaves the city boarder for a set amount of time that the defending team won't know. when told the attacking team will then use there organization skills to work together to breach the city walls and capture and hold a set point within the city. then they will need to exit and get away safely. this simulation will represent our normal defences when we get hit and the set point will be the representing the bank. basically i want us to learn to work together in both defence and attack to get to the ending goal (successful defnece or attack of the target). being as i want this to be as real as possible i won't be fightin i will be monitoring. when a person dies they are able to be rezz. i will monitor the dead. everyone make sure it is all bagged and labeled.

there is 2 ways to handle regearing for the defenders.
1)u guys can grab new gear bag and not be allowed to put it on til u get to the point which represents the bank in our simulation.(this to keep the simulation realistic being as when u respawn u will have to reach the bank (destination set) to get ur gear then get away to regear and jump in the fight.)
2)i can grab and hold ur gear and after u respawn u come to me and trade me to get ur bag u were using. ( would be standing in the set bank location and represent the bank for u to get ur bag and get away to regear.
3) i can set a clan strong box in the set point and when u die and get ganked or tap out i will grab ur stuff and put it in the strong box and u will need to respawn and get it out the strong box urself. (this works great but if we inclue our allies that live regularly in andruk they won't get access to the clan strong box. but at that point if needed i cn become the bank for outside kgb access so they can join the similation without pause). this we can talk about before this part of the practice starts.

I want this to be a realistic as possible. defending team can regear attacking can not. just like any attack we ever have we can regear and continue to fight back attackers can't. all they can do is stay focus and rezz when ever possible without sacrificing the mission. main rule is noone is allowed to loot but me to allow people to regear at the bank set point. if for some reason someone loots and i find out about it i will deal with it. if any items are lost cause someone desides to be retarted and loots and doesn't speak up i will replace what is lost at my expense. please keep this to no higher then r40's and plate and lower no infernal and crap. just stuff u guys would be grabbing out of the bank for a andruk city defence.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
You have my blessing. If we all wait around for someone else to make us better, we'll never get there.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
ty kaotic
i am hoping to be able to lead these on a regular basis couple times a week or something and i'll alos try and do some for the mornin crew aswell. I just want to see how it all goes tonight. this is a learning experience for me aswell. i want to mainly monitor this round to see how it all goes and hope to find things that might help increase the amount we can learn from each practice.

i just hope we have enough to make atleast 2 full groups in the practice to make the final fight a good one.

(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
Give it a go... I will try and be around for it, but I maybe busy.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Valaria

She means "may be" two words not one. laugh

I recognize the struggle you folks have had with the grammar/spelling nazi only about 1/2 here, but I'm back now and better than ever. Take a deep breath and relax because I will be here to make all these nonsensical posts make sense again.

Val,
Since I work full time and have things to do around the house if I ever expect to sell it, you're stuck with Jetstar's posts. There just aren't enough hours in the day to do it all myself smile

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Darka had a pvp practice planned, but information of an incoming siege called it off last week. And I'm for practice, but in a limited time frame, because as much as we all need to practice staying together healing/buffing we also need to be beating on mobs with magic,melee and arrows to level. Also, 7-9 pm cst is primetime and we get raided a lot in this time frame.

Most people in clan know what to do, yes being repetitve helps. But we just need to stick with basics. Heal/buff other, don't go out solo. Don't start running into the enemy one at a time. When someone say's "The enemy only has a quarter life left" don't go balls out and try to be a hero since most of the time that person has people around that are healing him or he's healing himself.

People hear that someone is nearly dead and they run in with their pants down and die. And that is a vicious circle that needs to stop. Call out that someone is low, but go in betting on that person is healed back to full. In fact, always go in like someone is at full health, that way you don't drop guard or expectations of the outcome of the fight.

Don't get this post wrong, we need to practice I'm not saying we don't. We just need to do the things we are supposed to when it counts. Here's the things we need to be aware of. When we have high ground BET that the enemy is going to try to come hither people down to them. And if you're the one that gets pulled down, survive. Move in rapid movements back and fourth. Don't go into a straight line. Do whatever you have got to do to live. The longer someone survivies, the better it will be for us to be able to kill them. Because they will taste blood and focus on that person while the rest can focus them.

We also need to get people to raise their base attributes. Mine stone & Ore along with chopping tree's. Get that Vitality and Strenght up. A weapon mastery with good strenght increases the damage. Level magic and all damaging skills. We don't need to focus on just practice, that's something we can do in between the time were getting our skills leveled. I will try to be on, but it maybe a little later. I just got home, later than I usually do and I still have loads of laundry to do and I've got to run to the store.

Last edited by wolfgang; 06/17/10 04:03 PM.
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
yea i understand wolfgang and like u said 7-9 is prime time for us and us having a pvp practice at that time is a good thing cause we are organized and all geared. i remember the last practice we had when a group hit andruck and our 2+ groups jump the walls and they all shyt themselves. only one of my fights in my practice will possibly leave us a lil vulnerable is the ending battle with group vs group killing. but if u think about it having practice in town means most all kgb will be geared and rdy to fight instead of not having practice and half being in robes and stuff. i prob won't do it but 1-2 times a week this can be discussed and get it organized for us all to benifit from it without weaking us.

also with u sayin we need to be out killin mobs skillin up. yes i agree but u say it as if fighting a player u get no skill ups. it might not be as good but atleast ur still getting not only skill up for ur stats/skills but u get ur pvp skill tuned up.

(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
Originally Posted By: Valaria

She means "may be" two words not one. laugh

I recognize the struggle you folks have had with the grammar/spelling nazi only about 1/2 here, but I'm back now and better than ever. Take a deep breath and relax because I will be here to make all these nonsensical posts make sense again.

Val,
Since I work full time and have things to do around the house if I ever expect to sell it, you're stuck with Jetstar's posts. There just aren't enough hours in the day to do it all myself smile

lol Ok.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
looks like i'll need to talk with a few and find a good time to hold this cause yesterday with server going down and comin up at 7pm. then after 2 1v1 we got hit by vamp and that kind of broke the practice up.
i'll try and get a time good for all with lower chance getting gettin interuption.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Saturday or sunday around 1 to 4ish would be ideal. Seems like those are the times that we would be interrrupted the least.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard