KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 50 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,034,252 Trump card
1,342,149 Picture Thread
480,195 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#56904 01/11/10 11:14 AM
Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Great article that sites the EDGE report that just came out showing that employees are fed up with the bullshit that employers have pulled since the beginning of the recessions. I know for a fact Boeing is going to have a blood letting by the end of this year and into next year as the market recovers. Boeing, and the Aerospace industry in general have taken giant turds on their employees and in general have been operating in a very non-ethical, don't give a shit about you, your a disposable commodity that can be easily replaced, attitude which has driven employee morale to all time lows. Our last employee survey was very telling as employee satisfaction took a 50 percent hit due to crappy leadership, mismanagement of 401k, pension, and medical benefits, not to mention trying to bilk the government for billions of dollars, not once, but twice in the last 3 years.

Originally Posted By: GlobalEmloyererReport

NEW YORK — As hope for economic recovery hovers at the horizon of a new business cycle, global companies are bracing themselves for, get this, an exodus of their best workers.

After all the layoffs, set backs and pay cuts of the recession, employees are fed up, it seems, and yearning to break free. As soon as the economy recovers, 55 percent of employees plan to change jobs, careers or industries, according to the 2009 Employment Dynamics and Growth Expectations Report (EDGE Report).

Companies are scrambling to figure out how to keep employees from deserting. It might be too late for a simple, “I’m sorry,” and “Please don’t go,” while to the point, has the unappealing ring of desperation to it. How to convey that plea in a positive manner has become a vexing question for managers.

Just saying thanks is one strategy. While American companies used to distribute the annual 20-pound turkey to local workers, sending the birds worldwide is fraught with refrigeration issues. Most non-Americans wouldn’t know what to do with it anyway, even if it arrived in good condition.

Expressions of gratitude don’t always translate to other cultures. If you say “gracias” too frequently to workers in Spain, they will wonder if you harbor low expectations of them, as they expect to work hard.

Quintiles, a clinical research company based in North Carolina with operations in 50 countries, tried sending gift cards to workers worldwide. Half got stuck at Heathrow airport in England for a week during a Royal Mail work stoppage, causing many employees to feel forgotten and unappreciated as their co-workers on the other side of the planet delighted in receiving their cards.

For help in this complex logistic and cultural task, corporations are turning to the growing number of consultants and businesses in the “employee retention” industry.

"You don't buy a steak dinner for an employee in India," said Ben Miele, a vice president with Globoforce a strategic recognition company with offices in Massachusetts and Ireland.

The company promises to transform bottom-line, “your paycheck is your reward” companies into cultures of appreciation. Its system enables workers to download “applause” certificates from a website that are frequently worth $1,000 or more in local currencies.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Great Post! laugh

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Just do it already...

Do what you ask?

Just give people a fucking raise or a bonus, what's so hard about that, THAT IS WHAT PEOPLE WANT FOR RECOGNITION.

OR

More vacation time

OR

God forbid, no overtime, more time with the family or to have a social life

Gift cards/food/parties that's all so fake and cheap I don't even have words for it...

every time they have a office party saying "good job everyone" it's like a slap in the face.

Last edited by Drakiis; 01/11/10 03:24 PM.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Try getting "Pride" awards for points which you trade in for over valued cheap ass crap made in China, and to top it off, since 1point = $1 value, you get taxed for the dollar amount of the Pride award.

Fucking Priceless...

I will be lucky to see a 2.5% or 3% COLA this year.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
32 hour work week!!!!!!!!!

More time for DFO.

UO SP: AurelianoBuendia
UO Pac: Magus, Running Fool
DF: Arjuna
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
Try getting "Pride" awards for points which you trade in for over valued cheap ass crap made in China, and to top it off, since 1point = $1 value, you get taxed for the dollar amount of the Pride award.

Fucking Priceless...

I will be lucky to see a 2.5% or 3% COLA this year.

wow this sounds so fantastic, who ever came up with that idea should be fired. In fact who ever hired that person should be fired as well just to be safe. Knowing corporate America though, it's always the coffee drinking, internet surfing ass kissers that get to keep their job while some other poor fool gets shit canned just for showing up on time.

(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
Cmon, lets hope for raises, promotions and a reduced work week!

A man can dream.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
What do you think this is...Europe?

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Well when you say it that way one could draw comparisons to the economic collapse of Europe after WWII, and how companies over there who wished to take advantage of the potential after the war worked their employee's into the ground. Ya one could say America is doing this due to the unstable economy, making their work force work longer and harder jobs for less and less pay so that companies can keep their heads above the water, by not having to pay out as much for labor

S
Squared
Unregistered
Squared
Unregistered
S
Businesses are not people. They have no feelings, empathetic or apathetic to their employees. Companies do not have a heart. Just two internal organs. The brain and the stomach. The only job of the brain is to keep the stomach from going empty. If the stomach goes empty, the brain and all other organs and appendages of the company die. When times are good, the stomach gets a little fuller and the rest of the body is happy and puts on a few pounds and raised their BMI. When the times are tough, the belt is tightened and the rest of the body feels like all they eat these days is Ramen Noodle. Some of the excess fat is shedded and the rest of the body has to work harder on less to keep the stomach from going hungry.

Companies are not charities that provide to the community. They do not exist to employee people. They are there to make a dollar. As a result of them being in business, companies need employees. If the company fails, then so does the employee. It doesn't operate in the red for a few years in order to keep food on your table.

Now on the other side of the coin, in the US, everyone gets what they deserve for their work. I do not believe anyone is underpaid or overpaid. People either accept their pay, or they look for another job. We live in an era and a country where the workforce is mobile and people can choose to work where they want. If I do not like my job, I look for another. I can work closer to home, or I can move to another city or state. It's not always easy, but we can do it here. The only people with crappy jobs are the people who choose to work in crappy jobs. If you get stuck in a crappy job, don't settle. Look for another. It is called choice and self motivation.

Only recently has it been possible in the EU. Before if you were an IT tech in Sweden, you had to work in Sweden and pay their taxes, unless you had permission from the State. Once the work barriers came down, Spain was flooded with Viking techies where it cost them less to work. EU is becoming mobile as well these days.

So unless you live in some commie country, or some union run state (Michigan for example) that determines what you should be doing and when you should be doing it, you have the job that you asked for.

That is my two bits worth.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard