KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 45 guests, and 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,037,492 Trump card
1,342,623 Picture Thread
481,244 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
I have been thinking about this for the last couple of weeks, and I have made up my mind. I refuse to continue to pay in excess of $20 a month to play a mostly broken beta anymore.

Plenty of potential in Darkfall, Adventurine just isn't delivering on anything in any kind of timely manner, nor do they have any intentions of addressing most of the issues based on how they have communicated and delivered in the last three months. The future patch notes and the things they are working on are a far cry from any type of balancing major issues in PvP and Sieging.

Personally I don't want to AFK macro or Semi-AFK macro up Magic just to have a broken magic system. The PvE is beyond broken and is reduced to exploiting the AI by any number of means. Don't even get me started on the gear durability issue they created recently. Not to mention harvesting materials is about as enjoyable as watching SOMEONE ELSE'S paint dry.

So that leaves me with a stupid Siege system that I can't really enjoy because of horrible lag and a slideshow in anything with more then 40 or so people on the screen doing anything. In addition, the PvP is largely nothing more then twitch sprinting circle strafing, sprinting bunny hopping overpowered archery, and extremely long chases due because of the way mounts work with unpacking them on a simple quick macro and the total lack of encumbrance for carry multiple mounts. Because yeah, its reasonable to think you could have 10 horses in a bag and they have no weight, I mean come on.

Personally, I can get my twitch fix in the literally dozens of FPS titles I already own and don't have to pay an additional 20 bucks a month to play. It's not the money, its the principle of it.

With that said, I just paid my last month of DFO until they address the major BROKEN issues in this game. If they do that, I will return and may actually enjoy their attempt at what I, and many of you were looking for. A balanced PvP Sandbox world, in which FFA loot and a reasonable balanced system allowed for GLOBAL DOMINATION!!

P.S ~ Before you even go there, no shit no game is ever finished or completely balanced, but at the same time DFO is a broken piece of crap right now, with all the potential in the world once they actually implement half the stuff they KNOW they need too.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
S
Band 3
Band 3
S
Take care mon! Hope you come back soon frown.

come on board for the big win

Inside every Hyperion is a KGB waiting to get out, we are here to help the wesux to get out
KGB Champion - Scrawl Grank
KGB Champion - Scrawl Grank
Later Taso, you're a cool guy. I hope AV gets a bit of it together and fixes things to make it a bit more enjoyable as well, but I'm still having fun.

Have a good one, hope to see you back.

E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
I can totally understand you Taso, their sub fees are over 20 dollars a month? That is fucking crazy

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: Elph
I can totally understand you Taso, their sub fees are over 20 dollars a month? That is fucking crazy

With the Euro exchange rate currently its about $15 and some change. I live in a sales tax state, so add 11.5% to the base amount and tack on the Foreign Transaction Fee of $4.50 from WAMU, and the monthly sub fee is actually in excess of $20 a month. That is part of what actually made me start to think about the enjoyment value of the current state of the game vs. the monthly cost. Currently, the game isn't worth $22 bucks a month I am shelling out for this game.

The only thing they didn't hit us with is the EU Value Added Tax (VAT) that most the other players not in NA are subjected too.

Kay Offline
KGB Alumni
KGB Alumni
Put it on a prepaid visa and you only pay %15 a month.

Anyways, good luck, sad to see ya go. I try to make my own fun. I can see how this could become incredibly boring incredibly fast.

In Hoc Signo Vinces
Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Perhaps I should make this a little more clear.

I am taking a break from DFO until they figure out how to and actually do address some of the MAJOR issues that have this game in a paid beta status.

I am not leaving KGB in any way, shape, or form. I came here not because I was playing DFO and so was KGB, I came here because I have known off and personally known KGB players since the 1998-99 time frame from UO, SB, then SWG.

The one thing I have always liked about KGB was that it wasn't about the game you were playing, it was about the company you chose to keep, regardless of what game you were in.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
i cant wait to play with you again (in game)

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I guess now is a better time than any to say I will also be uninstalling it tonight. I need resources to do what I want to do but I don't have the time to get them. When I do get the time to go get them I get ganked and killed because I suck at PvP. I gave it a good shot and I still plan on coming back possibley in September when my schedule gets less frantic, but for now I am saying goodbye to Darkfall.

The last few weeks the times I have been on have been entirely too frustrating. Good luck to everyone. Hope to be back soon.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
You guys are bumming me out, I just got in bitches, lol I'll be waiting for your return, and you will be sorely missed

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard