The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Tasorin Canceling DFO Account Until Further Notice - 05/12/09 01:07 PM
I have been thinking about this for the last couple of weeks, and I have made up my mind. I refuse to continue to pay in excess of $20 a month to play a mostly broken beta anymore.

Plenty of potential in Darkfall, Adventurine just isn't delivering on anything in any kind of timely manner, nor do they have any intentions of addressing most of the issues based on how they have communicated and delivered in the last three months. The future patch notes and the things they are working on are a far cry from any type of balancing major issues in PvP and Sieging.

Personally I don't want to AFK macro or Semi-AFK macro up Magic just to have a broken magic system. The PvE is beyond broken and is reduced to exploiting the AI by any number of means. Don't even get me started on the gear durability issue they created recently. Not to mention harvesting materials is about as enjoyable as watching SOMEONE ELSE'S paint dry.

So that leaves me with a stupid Siege system that I can't really enjoy because of horrible lag and a slideshow in anything with more then 40 or so people on the screen doing anything. In addition, the PvP is largely nothing more then twitch sprinting circle strafing, sprinting bunny hopping overpowered archery, and extremely long chases due because of the way mounts work with unpacking them on a simple quick macro and the total lack of encumbrance for carry multiple mounts. Because yeah, its reasonable to think you could have 10 horses in a bag and they have no weight, I mean come on.

Personally, I can get my twitch fix in the literally dozens of FPS titles I already own and don't have to pay an additional 20 bucks a month to play. It's not the money, its the principle of it.

With that said, I just paid my last month of DFO until they address the major BROKEN issues in this game. If they do that, I will return and may actually enjoy their attempt at what I, and many of you were looking for. A balanced PvP Sandbox world, in which FFA loot and a reasonable balanced system allowed for GLOBAL DOMINATION!!

P.S ~ Before you even go there, no shit no game is ever finished or completely balanced, but at the same time DFO is a broken piece of crap right now, with all the potential in the world once they actually implement half the stuff they KNOW they need too.
Posted By: Swing Re: Canceling DFO Account Until Further Notice - 05/12/09 01:20 PM
Take care mon! Hope you come back soon frown.
Posted By: Lock Re: Canceling DFO Account Until Further Notice - 05/12/09 01:31 PM
Later Taso, you're a cool guy. I hope AV gets a bit of it together and fixes things to make it a bit more enjoyable as well, but I'm still having fun.

Have a good one, hope to see you back.
Posted By: Elph Re: Canceling DFO Account Until Further Notice - 05/12/09 02:26 PM
I can totally understand you Taso, their sub fees are over 20 dollars a month? That is fucking crazy
Originally Posted By: Elph
I can totally understand you Taso, their sub fees are over 20 dollars a month? That is fucking crazy

With the Euro exchange rate currently its about $15 and some change. I live in a sales tax state, so add 11.5% to the base amount and tack on the Foreign Transaction Fee of $4.50 from WAMU, and the monthly sub fee is actually in excess of $20 a month. That is part of what actually made me start to think about the enjoyment value of the current state of the game vs. the monthly cost. Currently, the game isn't worth $22 bucks a month I am shelling out for this game.

The only thing they didn't hit us with is the EU Value Added Tax (VAT) that most the other players not in NA are subjected too.
Posted By: Kay Re: Canceling DFO Account Until Further Notice - 05/12/09 06:56 PM
Put it on a prepaid visa and you only pay %15 a month.

Anyways, good luck, sad to see ya go. I try to make my own fun. I can see how this could become incredibly boring incredibly fast.
Perhaps I should make this a little more clear.

I am taking a break from DFO until they figure out how to and actually do address some of the MAJOR issues that have this game in a paid beta status.

I am not leaving KGB in any way, shape, or form. I came here not because I was playing DFO and so was KGB, I came here because I have known off and personally known KGB players since the 1998-99 time frame from UO, SB, then SWG.

The one thing I have always liked about KGB was that it wasn't about the game you were playing, it was about the company you chose to keep, regardless of what game you were in.
Posted By: Lenny Re: Canceling DFO Account Until Further Notice - 05/12/09 08:42 PM
i cant wait to play with you again (in game)
Posted By: Vyse Re: Canceling DFO Account Until Further Notice - 05/12/09 09:17 PM
I guess now is a better time than any to say I will also be uninstalling it tonight. I need resources to do what I want to do but I don't have the time to get them. When I do get the time to go get them I get ganked and killed because I suck at PvP. I gave it a good shot and I still plan on coming back possibley in September when my schedule gets less frantic, but for now I am saying goodbye to Darkfall.

The last few weeks the times I have been on have been entirely too frustrating. Good luck to everyone. Hope to be back soon.
You guys are bumming me out, I just got in bitches, lol I'll be waiting for your return, and you will be sorely missed
Boy,

What a great loss, both Tas and Vyse.

All I can tell you is this. I dont care about the game or the mechanics, all I care about is:
Quote:
The one thing I have always liked about KGB was that it wasn't about the game you were playing, it was about the company you chose to keep, regardless of what game you were in.

For me its about the people, and the fun of playing as a team. I dont care if we were playing Meridian59.

I hope you miss us and return soon.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Canceling DFO Account Until Further Notice - 05/12/09 11:47 PM
farming the resources is taking a toll on me to its almost impossible to play and have fun because you have to farm resources damn near daily. i dont remember the last time i logged in to just pvp for fun. im one of those ppl that if i dont have my char fully geared out for every encounter im doing the rest of the team a injustice and i dont like it. meaning i farm and build everything on my own.
Gonna miss you Tasorin and you too Vyse. Always sad to see people leave a game.

We will keep your places warm and your mugs full. May we see you in the future!
Posted By: Elph Re: Canceling DFO Account Until Further Notice - 05/13/09 01:10 AM
Ya that is exactly what makes KGB great taso, i am not nor will i play darkfall. I haven't really gamed too much with KGB, granted I gave aoc and wow a good shot but for the most part I have been away from gaming and decided to get off my ass and get my bachelor's degree. So other then being jet's bitch and forum police that is muy life in KGB. Please stay active on the forums, while I don't think I have gamed with you, I have enjoyed your presence on the forums.
Originally Posted By: Ryu
farming the resources is taking a toll on me to its almost impossible to play and have fun because you have to farm resources damn near daily. i dont remember the last time i logged in to just pvp for fun. im one of those ppl that if i dont have my char fully geared out for every encounter im doing the rest of the team a injustice and i dont like it. meaning i farm and build everything on my own.

QFT

I hate killing people and watching the gravestone be instantly raped by kids who didnt even fire 1 arrow cast 1 spell or bother chasing that guy at all other then go OH LOOT and open the bag and auto loot now that shit almost makes me quit seriously but im trying to give darkfall more chances since i still enjoy somethings but 4real i dont like having to take screen shots to be heard
I agree with Jet. I'm here for the people. I don't like farming, but I do it. Much like I don't like going to work everyday, but I do like to play games, eat, and I enjoy air conditioning, so I do it.

I'm always working hard to help keep people interested in the game because if folks are playing I'm not having fun. I rarely go out on my own. So, if you need someone to hang with or if you need gear to go out, I will gladly give you the shirt off my back to get you going. I have several sets of armor that I've crafted with my resources that I've offered to folks and can rarely get any takers. I don't want your money. I just want you to have a good time, 'cause that's how I have a good time.

So, to all the folks I've "loaned" anything to - STOP TRYING TO GIVE IT BACK smile I don't loan, I give.

Tas and Vyse,
I understand where you're coming from and I can't fault you for not wanting to pay to beta test. I will miss you both in game, but I'd damn well better not be missing you in vent. Tell me what you're playing and I'll come spend some time there with ya.
Posted By: Lock Re: Canceling DFO Account Until Further Notice - 05/14/09 09:26 PM
In another guild, this type of respect for someone posting their views about why they're leaving the game and giving legitimate reasons would have been met with simply a one word defamatory response.

It's nice to see that KGB sticks together like this and plays for the atmosphere people generate as opposed to the pixel crack they accumulate.
The only reason I have ever played a MMORPG is the people.

I get attached to my guildmates... even ones like Shade.. LOL

I harvest every single day for most of the day. Just ask the morning crew. Yea its boring.. but I have my boys in vent to keep me laughing and that makes it not so bad.

I love how KGB sticks together no matter what happens. That means the world to me. I am still blown away by the generosity of many of our members. I don't think I could have found a better guild to be a part of.
Posted By: Elph Re: Canceling DFO Account Until Further Notice - 05/14/09 11:57 PM
Shade isn't so bad, as long as you don't get tired around him cuz you could end up pregnant he's pretty fertile dude.

Oh and watch out for Hak as well smile
Oh I know Elph! I was just giving Shade some shit. we are always bagging on each other in vent.

and i know shade is fertile as all hell... Makes me wish morlander was lol. I want another baby soo bad.
Shade could loan you one of his...
Originally Posted By: Valaria
Oh I know Elph! I was just giving Shade some shit. we are always bagging on each other in vent.

and i know shade is fertile as all hell... Makes me wish morlander was lol. I want another baby soo bad.

lay off the green it'll make you infertile
uh yea we know Pirate... and well we aren't doing anything different than we have been for the last 8 years lol.
Hey TAS, let me know what FPS you are playing. I have Call of Duty: World At War, Front Lines: Fuel of War, as far the more up-to-date games go.

However, I refuse to play crappy, poorly-coded fluff games like Counterstrike, Star Wars Battlefront, etc. I prefer in-depth game physics.
Originally Posted By: JetStar
Boy,

What a great loss, both Tas and Vyse.

All I can tell you is this. I dont care about the game or the mechanics, all I care about is:
Quote:

For me its about the people, and the fun of playing as a team. I dont care if we were playing Meridian59.

I hope you miss us and return soon.

Oh god, I think that is the game I played & the world was easter colors, it was horrible to look at.
Originally Posted By: Valaria

denied
So glad I had mine snipped. I got my wife pregnant while using the diaphram and DOUBLE the recommended spermicide. That doesn't seem too big a deal except her doctor had already told her he didn't think she could ever get pregnant since she had a lot of scarring.

I've got friggin shock troops.
Posted By: Kay Re: Canceling DFO Account Until Further Notice - 05/22/09 02:21 AM
That's a great visual, Nethervoid.
Posted By: Lock Re: Canceling DFO Account Until Further Notice - 05/22/09 08:52 PM
Originally Posted By: Kay
That's a great visual, Nethervoid.

This was pretty much my reaction.

Posted By: Hare Re: Canceling DFO Account Until Further Notice - 05/23/09 08:17 AM
DOUBLE the recommended spermicide

Hmm, not sure but we might have left the op topic. I dunno it's late here someone else check.

I can say without a doubt I have never read this phrase before and don't wish to again.
© The KGB Oracle