KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 45 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Shock
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,033,382 Trump card
1,342,021 Picture Thread
480,046 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Drakiis Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
1. Don't concern yourself with pixels.

Don't worry about looting or complain about lost gear, or blame others for the same.

2. Listen in vent.

Don't just zone out and get tunnel vision, listen to everything said, if under attack speak clearly, smoothly, and calmly. Explain and describe all that you can, give coordinates if possible, location, number, direction of enemies. Use the right channels for the right things, if you hear a battle taking place join it or move to another channel. If you die because you did so that is your own fault for wanting to pve instead of fight. I can't stress how much of a cluster fuck vent is atm due to everyone stacking in one vent channel, when over half the people there are doing different things. There are so many conversations over powering one another those who are fighting cannot get clear communication.

3. Listen to your leadership.

Don't fucking bitch or decide you know better then them, and if you are going to "offer" a alternative communicate it clearly so that the leadership isn't assuming your following the last order when in fact your off playing with your orky weiner. Later on if you didn't like the call made in the field, take it to private pm or vent.

4. Be POLITE to all KGB especially those with the difficult job of leading this crew.

You don't have to like people but you best damn respect them, they paid their dues to be in the guild too, and have a right to play along side all KGB just as much as you. Some harmless fun is okay if both people acknowledge it as such but if you are poking people with a stick that didn't want to be your just being a asshat. Stop finger pointing, stop blaming, and stop fucking with other KGB. WE ALL ARE KGB, if you want to fuck with someone go find a Hyperion guy.

5. Work in harmony, or work in concert in fights.

If your right on top of a enemy in melee, yet you see Mana Missles or arrows whizzing by your head from behind, where you know there are KGB to be, then move so that the enemy if between you and them, strafe to the left or right and give your firends a oppertunity to make their shots without hitting you. Far too often it seems to me that people are in a rush only concerned with themselves, they get the tunnel vision and drawn into bad situations because they are not thinking big picture. I think too many people want "the kill" and think that will enhance their rep. Fuck that it's KGB's rep not yours you want rep go earn it alone, we work together or we fall together, there is no you, there is us or noone.

6. Practice makes perfect.

fight all you can in any instance where there are enemies to be found. I realize some are now looking into practice methods, cool. But doing it is way more important then talking about it. I know there are a few who are working in game on this and they should be supported, any member who says they suck at pvp, or need help in pvp should be seeking this form of self help. One important aspect of this variable is that while resourcing is good, and so is practicing, however members online should always, ALWAYS respond to intruders, which brings me to...

7. Response time work on it, hone it, drill it, do it.

If a enemy no matter the number, even one blatant faggot shows up, everyone should be rolling, EVERYONE. even if your out in BFE fishing you should be swimming your ass off back to Khosgar, why? Because it could be the forward sign of a larger group, because one guy can kill macroers, because one guy can hide and log out and not be known for days, because someone will be watching us and what we do, measuring our response time, and telling others. We cannot continue to treat Khosgar like it used to be, we've been here long enough now for people to know where we are, and I think there are still members acting as if we are still below the radar. Maybe they know that's not true but they are still acting like it is.

8. Make your ready bags, gear up.

actually use your equipment, especially pots or food. Our enemies beat us because they use pots and eat food, they scout us, come up with a plan communicate work together and execute that plan.

9. Don't over extend, especially without support.

control the engagement don't let yourself be lead around or fooled. Use when using multiple groups attack at different angles, or mass fire ranged weapons at distance.

10. Be wary who you trust.

if they don't wear a KGB tag then make sure to give a person a wide berth, if they have a weapon out be especially cautious. Report anything odd about others, in fact you should always be reporting anything suspicious.

12. Be ready to die, expect it, count on it, repeatedly.

Don't just say that you are and then get all but hurt when it happens, say it and mean it. I got beat down for noob loot by a claymore guy in full gear, and I caught myself in vent about to go off, then I realized "shit Drak, this is just the first of many, welcome to darkfall" and promptly changed tactics, went back out, played around plinking goblin arrows at the douche bag who ass raped me, got bored and ran to KGB city, and was awared a mount. It don't matter.

13. you can't beat everyone.

This goes along with dying repeatedly but just so people understand that even if YOU fall KGB might still win. This is the most important variable of all.

Sorry for the epic wall of text, the rant, and the insensitive words used.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
Quote:

This goes along with dying repeatedly but just so people understand that even if YOU fall KGB might still win. This is the most important variable of all.

And this :
Quote:
if under attack speak clearly, smoothly, and calmly. Explain and describe all that you can, give coordinates if possible, location, number, direction of enemies.

I hate to ear people saying something like that "Some pk killed me guyz !". I prefer a "2 CO at skellies beating me, I'm trying to parry but almost out of stam. I'm dead. They're going north."

Another thing which happened yesterday I think : PKs attacked someone, we tried to respond but as everyone was rushing no one took the time to make a group and invite people. Dead ones or those who can't run instantly should be in charge of that, and only one must step in to do that, saying it in vent.

Last edited by Arkh; 04/28/09 01:50 PM.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Drakiis Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Well I kind of wrote this not knowing Tas and Kay were writting their posts, however me bing in vent when I can, I keep hearing the same complaints, and mistakes being repeated over and over again. I realize the game is different then what I am hearing in vent, and I realize not everyone makes these mistakes, nor is everyone a hardcore pvp'er, however I think if people take a moment to consider some of what has been said it could help.

KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
I think part of the problem is, you don't have to be hardcore to make a difference. You just have to put out the effort.

Secondly, I couldn't agree more with Arkh about the difference in the ways to call out getting jumped. "Two guys north of town PKing me." does little for me but get me moving ot the North gate while the intel gets sorted out.

"Two guys north of city at kobalds jumping me, I am pulling back to city to North gate" tells me way more and gives me a good plan on how best to vector in to your location and provide assitance. I mean, its our land, our terrain, most of us know the surrounding areas around the city pretty well now. We know where we can come in from and be hidden or them seeing us being obstructed. Most of us know which way there going to bolt after they get done with you. There are only so many ways out of the hornets nest once you alert the soldiers.

Use this to our advantage. A standardized method to calling out enemy around town would really help.

Example: "Tasorin, 2 pk's North of town, at kobalds camp, baiting back to town"

Notice I didn't say guild names, or player names. It doesn't matter to me what guild there in, allied or not, they broke the seal and attacked me. The point is, get your ass off the clan stone and mobilize out into the field.

This simple standard callout is more then enough to send a couple people in exactly the right direction without a bunch of people talking over each other in vent.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Band 6
Band 6
Look, this all boils down to the same thing, and its what I've been saying all along.

This is hardcore pvp, we can't be nice about it when we're in pvp. Sure, lets be cool guys when nothing's happening, but when the chips are down, lets suck it up and be disciplined. It's nothing personal, but sometimes we revert to the "suggestion" leading of back when DFO just started.

Sure, but nice about it, but whoever's leading should be an ahole at times, because that's what gets it done. Like for instance, we were at a siege a week ago, and the group lead said "go to the docks so we're not lagged", and some people were off doing their own thing and/or not responding at all - it took him 5 times saying it nicely for them to respond. Then, he started shouting, and when they did respond, they didn't even know what's going on.

This isn't their fault, they have come to expect the lacksidaisy command structure, where you just run in a general direction and the rest is left up to you.

I have never seen a good pvp group led by "nice guys". Hell, ask Holrom, he screamed his ever loving heart out from what I've been told. You don't have to be a dick, but be direct about it. I've heard too many of this, "Oh great, I hate it when people don't listen ... " because the group lead has said this ALOT. You know what, call those names out as calmly as possible. Nothing's going to get done if people don't know their talking to you.

I'm not saying that everyone has to be dicks, but our whole mentality needs to change imho, and people have to expect that if they join a pvp group, it's serious time - not "lets have fun" and screw around time. That, if they are caught looting in the middle of battle, they'll be called out a little. (Not shouted mind you) Dunlop has been starting to do this in coupel times i've grouped with, but whenever he's not on, it seems we revert to "nice guy" tactics - which never ends up in a good place.

Former KGB Member
Band 6
Band 6
Communication, in any competative game, is key.

ALL Players should be communicating two things to their group led, when appropriate.

1) Enemy locations and strength. (ex. I see 5 SN coming from the east)

and

2) Status of the battle (Syloc out of the stam) or, as Tasorin said, "Tasorin, 2 non-guilded chasing me, baiting back to north gate."

Of course, don't scream crap over and over. And if someone has said it once, exactly how you said it, there's no need to say it again ... but EVERYONE should be on the look out. You can blame individual players all you want for not be consious, but it goes a long way when everyone's communicating to each other, and making sure everyone knows where the enemy is, how to respond, and what people's immediate objectives are. (You should micromanage, but don't over do it)

Bottom line - EVERYONE should be communicating important information, not just the group lead. That's why we have vent.

Former KGB Member
Band 7
Band 7
Quote:
I'm not saying that everyone has to be dicks, but our whole mentality needs to change imho, and people have to expect that if they join a pvp group, it's serious time - not "lets have fun" and screw around time. That, if they are caught looting in the middle of battle, they'll be called out a little. (Not shouted mind you) Dunlop has been starting to do this in coupel times i've grouped with, but whenever he's not on, it seems we revert to "nice guy" tactics - which never ends up in a good place.

My skill level in "Asshole" is 99.0. It surges sometimes and falls back to 99.

Former KGB Member
Drakiis Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Dunlop_Phaete
Quote:

My skill level in "Asshole" is 99.0. It surges sometimes and falls back to 99.

agreed

(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
Originally Posted By: Arkh
Quote:

And this :
Quote:
if under attack speak clearly, smoothly, and calmly. Explain and describe all that you can, give coordinates if possible, location, number, direction of enemies.

I hate to ear people saying something like that "Some pk killed me guyz !". I prefer a "2 CO at skellies beating me, I'm trying to parry but almost out of stam. I'm dead. They're going north."

Another thing which happened yesterday I think : PKs attacked someone, we tried to respond but as everyone was rushing no one took the time to make a group and invite people. Dead ones or those who can't run instantly should be in charge of that, and only one must step in to do that, saying it in vent.

i know what grp you are talking about arkh. I know you are not singling me out or anything. But i did try to invite many that were rushing to help. I just have this problem of remembering the spelling for every member's name and ally's name. I think we need to get back in the habit of putting a 1 in clan or alliance to get invites. it helps speed the process up a ton on these fast paced rushes to battle.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
G
Band 4
Band 4
G
this is awesome..everyone is saying the same thing at the same time but in different threads..I am glad we all agree now we just need to get it focused..Practice makes perfect..I might suggest we set up times to organize PvP groups on a regular nightly/weekly basis so everyone can know what and when to expect..

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard