KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 70 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Stealth Hawk
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,027,385 Trump card
1,339,567 Picture Thread
478,260 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#41874 04/02/09 04:25 PM
Arginal Offline OP
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
Hi guys,

I am wondering if someone can give a general overview of the direction of KGB? I play late at night (your time) and while those who I talk to in vent know some stuff they aren't speaking of the future just what has happened.

So what's the scoop! I will keep hounding :P

If your wondering, WTF? here are some prompt questions

1. Why did we take the new city?
2. Which city should the KGB be focusing?
3. What is the KGB focus for the grunts? Training, farming, defending, raiding?
4. Any sort of long term outlook plan? I.E. Goals. Basically what we have to look forward to.

Yours in service

What makes a man turn neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?
Arginal #41875 04/02/09 04:45 PM
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
all very good questions. I am interested in the response from any of the leaders.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
Valaria #41878 04/02/09 05:34 PM
Band 6
Band 6
Arg, we should really get the PSTs together and group more, we're always behind the EST/CSTers tbh.

Former KGB Member
Syloc #41880 04/02/09 05:57 PM
Arginal Offline OP
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
When I play it is 12am-6am PST ;-) Those heading to bead and people waking up are the ones I see coming online.

What makes a man turn neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?
Arginal #41882 04/02/09 06:01 PM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Arginal,

We took another city because the opportunity knocked. We may be able to sell or even move there. This is being worked on. I will do my best to get some objectives up as soon as we have them.

It is all survival at this time, and opportunity, but a objective should be stated.

More to come.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
JetStar #41885 04/02/09 06:16 PM
Arginal Offline OP
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
Thanks Jet

I am not trying to stir up trouble (really!) I am just burning with curiosity and feel a like I am not contributing to the future of KGB (due to my late play schedule) as best as I can.

Arginal #41896 04/02/09 10:00 PM
KGB Champion - Taco Salad
KGB Champion - Taco Salad
Best thing to do is to skill up. We all have a long way to go, especially regarding stats. Max is 100 I hear. Gathering resources does this well and it gives us stuff to use when we build in the cities.

Next best thing to do is get yourself geared up.. it's a game of attrition and you can never have too many bags of gear. Currently I am up on gear because these BKB dudes are pretty worthless in pvp.. There is a lot more opportunity to fight up near Darkmoore, I would say Khosgar is relatively safer except that UDA has nothing better to do than poorly attempt to kill us. The fights near Darkmoore are generally more profitable.

Late at night might be a great time to explore too, we don't know the lands around Darkmoore very well, so that could be fun if you're into that.

I think the Savage Alliance guilds are mostly North Americans, correct me if I'm wrong. They have been naked rushing Darkmoore all day, you could go find some of their cities and pay them back by killing their macroers in relative safety.

I'm sure the clan has loftier goals, but for a 1 man KGB team these are the things you can do to effectively help the most.

[Linked Image]
rhaikh #41905 04/02/09 10:56 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Right now we are considering a big move, to open up a new front in the ongoing war.

A change of scenery, fight with some friends old and new, against a common foe... and take another town in the process.

If you think this sounds fun, then you are in luck =)

If you are wanting to be a bit more chill, the area we are considering has lots and lots of friendlies all in one spot. Many paths are open to us, but the thing to always remember about darkfall is - there is no shallow end of this pool.

We are in deep no matter what we do, and this makes the game exciting =)

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Derid #41908 04/02/09 11:14 PM
Arginal Offline OP
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
Thanks Derid / Jet (and for the poll up in the information area). Polls are a great way to get the members feelings on issues even if you have to go another way at least you know what the guilds mood is!

Cheers guys

Arginal #41934 04/03/09 08:48 AM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
My personal opinions, and based off of vent conversations:

1. Why did we take the new city?

Our alliance wanted to kick BKB in the ass, but when it came time to put up (their city) or shut up, they all sat there like girls. Derid decided screw it, we're men so we put up Khosgar. It was a risky move, but showed our allies and enemies KGB doesn't shy away from a fight. And then we kicked the enemy's ass, so double good on us. We got the honor from risking our city in battle and the glory when BKB was kicked out and we moved in. Now we're going to sell their city to our friends, which must really piss off those BKB guys.

Someone had to bring it. We brought it. To the victor go the spoils. Hooyah!

2. Which city should the KGB be focusing?

Khosgar. (via the post by Jet in the poll)

3. What is the KGB focus for the grunts? Training, farming, defending, raiding?

If you're skills and stats are low like me, keep skilling up as much as possible. Also, as was said before, you really should have at least 3 full sets of gear in the bank because you never know when you'll have time to farm up more gear. Personally I'm going for 5 sets.

4. Any sort of long term outlook plan? I.E. Goals. Basically what we have to look forward to.

IMO, our goal right now should be to get everyone skilled and geared (3 to 5 sets a piece). Maybe work on some skirmishes to help some of us with learning PvP in this game (I suck at it - lol). Long term...I'm not sure there is a long term in this game. Route Hyperion?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard