KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 70 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Stealth Hawk
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,027,385 Trump card
1,339,567 Picture Thread
478,260 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#41778 03/31/09 10:04 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
okay, so i got into the game, after a ridiculously long load time, with my new human, yet im stuck with a damn leafblade and no money. so I kinda sorta figured some of the game out (not really) and got two quests to kill goblins. I proceeded to make my way there with the not so fluid run animations and saw that every single spawn was immediately nailed by a good 4+ people. Even spawns i took would be ganged up upon, and my loot was ALWAYS stolen, i managed to get no more than 2 of 4 goblin axes at any given point before getting ganked, or dying from some goblin with a grudge that charged me from across the freaking world when i was already back near the city.

I'm confused, because the game seems like/should be good, yet so far my experience has been pure shite. tips? does it get better? why the hell havent these devs put out ANYTHING regarding documentation for controls and how to do anything (after the little 6 page thing that you get upon creation) if there isn't much to say then im already beginnign to regret spending the last bit of cash i have on this game (because they dont have a demo) =(

help a guildie out! =(

They/Them

Star Citizen:
MISC Endeavor -- Anvil Carrack -- Anvil Terrapin -- Drake Dragonfly
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Well, it takes some getting used to.

THE KEY IS TO GET IN VENT! There is lots of support for you there.

Information is posted!

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
JetStar #41784 04/01/09 01:54 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I hate newbie area its retarded noobs who do exactly what your saying i moved to our guild city and started stating and skilling up around our area which started filling up my bank lol

Ya the game gets better you won't always be ganked where we are (not always) and team based PvP kicks in which we still are working but i think the game has great potential

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
I Am The Storm.
Represent de KGB
www.The-KGB.com
[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Represent #41795 04/01/09 07:41 AM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
- Bank way more often. On my first day I was banking after every 2nd or 3rd kill. Every time you get a gob axe, bank (until you finish the quest obviously - after that they're just like any other sellable item).
- Keep your backpack open. Makes looting faster.
- When the mob is about to die, put your weapon away and run up to it to get ready to loot. Let the other guys finish it off.
- If you can see the mobs, they can probably see you and will attack. Way more realistic, and fun!
- When you open a grave, go for the gold first. It's usually the most worthwhile thing on the corpse when you're a noob.
- When you get to half health, rest up. People are not so willing to attack you in the noob area when you have high health.

When you're grouped in common areas, the loot is fair game. This is pretty much how it was in UO as well, so many of us are already used to it. I actually like the extra competition.

Darkfall is a very competitive and cutthroat game. Once you get more used to the controls, etc, I think you'll have a lot more fun with it, unless you like being safe all the time. This is definitely not that kind of game.

Since you're human, I'm not sure if our vendors will kill you in KGB city or not? I'm Alfar as is our city, so someone else will have to fill you in on how to prepare to come out to KGB city. Once you do come out here, it's a bit easier to farm, craft, and get your skills up.

Last edited by nethervoid; 04/01/09 07:43 AM.
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I suggest rolling alfar, it would be easier to link up with other KGB to help you.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Drakiis #41803 04/01/09 09:36 AM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I started 2 nights ago and my experience was much the same, a much higher skill character was camping the newb area and it was crazy. Then Ryu showed and it was a blast, last night after a lot of exploring and death I made my way to the KGB city where Carve took the time to show me the city and the spawns.

The game is completely different from anything I have played since Shadowbane and I am loving it even as I bitch at the screen smile

I just want to take the time to thank all the KGB who have patiently answered my many newbie questions in vent and taken the time to lend a hand...great experience so far and I look forward to the day I can be more help to the guild.

Banshee #41808 04/01/09 11:29 AM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Agree with Banshee. Thanks for the help. It makes being a newb a lot easier!

Definitely jump into vent, Hobbit! Lots of people to answer questions. Don't be afraid to ask. KGB is a family first, self second guild/clan.

KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
oh yes, as ive said before im a very old kgb member lol, you're all youngins! i was in vent but the genius norwegian devs irritated me because this morning i noticed their volume slider adjusts your computers master volume, so you cant lower game volume to hear vent better, i had to turn up my speakers a bit to catch vent chatter which caused horrid reverb from my mic and also caused my ears to nearly bleed from the random HUH and other such silly yells you can hear even if theres no combat or people near you. their engine in general is in very poor shape currently, which after so many years of testing surprises me, and I know firsthand the woes of being a low budget and/or indie developer. The game will still get a chance now that im parked in khosgar but so far it's out looks is dismal (im hoping after getting a bit more skillful at it i will like it, since i had to shell out the full price right off the bat =( )

i know what you mean about constantly bitching at the screen though, i have a great machine but im running it at 800x600 and still chugging, and the backpack takes up a lot of valuable screen realestate

They/Them

Star Citizen:
MISC Endeavor -- Anvil Carrack -- Anvil Terrapin -- Drake Dragonfly
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Make sure you update your graphics and directx. Helped me up the resolution on my machine.

I too noticed the audio issue you mention. My solution was to turn up vent, since it's not tied to your machine levels.

(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Hobbitlauncher
oh yes, as ive said before im a very old kgb member lol, you're all youngins! i was in vent but the genius norwegian devs irritated me because this morning i noticed their volume slider adjusts your computers master volume, so you cant lower game volume to hear vent better, i had to turn up my speakers a bit to catch vent chatter which caused horrid reverb from my mic and also caused my ears to nearly bleed from the random HUH and other such silly yells you can hear even if theres no combat or people near you. their engine in general is in very poor shape currently, which after so many years of testing surprises me, and I know firsthand the woes of being a low budget and/or indie developer. The game will still get a chance now that im parked in khosgar but so far it's out looks is dismal (im hoping after getting a bit more skillful at it i will like it, since i had to shell out the full price right off the bat =( )

i know what you mean about constantly bitching at the screen though, i have a great machine but im running it at 800x600 and still chugging, and the backpack takes up a lot of valuable screen realestate

Something is not right here. I run at 2250 x 1900 and have no problems with shadows turned off. You should get in Vent and discuss with out experts.

800x600? I can run that on my old laptop and it is very fast.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard