KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 63 guests, and 25 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Winter
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,031,088 Trump card
1,340,400 Picture Thread
478,794 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#40860 03/16/09 08:21 AM
Vyse Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
"2) Game - General : These are the channels where its cool to hang out. But, Game related chat takes precedence. People end up discussing many non game related things when chilling in general channels and thats cool, to a point. If people are trying to ask about or discuss the game, be respectful and let those conversations take precedence. "

I noticed in the collecting resources channel last night that we were all talking game related topics and then there was some frustration and "clear vent" was used. Can we use this for just the group channels? It would be nice to have one channel that isn't taken so seriously and I thought that is what the city resources channel was for.

If there is someone new to the game and asking questions etc. I want a place for them to go and not be told to shut up if they are unsure of the rules yet. Last night was the first time I have seen so many people in the collecting resources channel so it was an appropriate usage of the rule but I think it would be nice to have one channel that especially people that are new can go and feel free to ask questions without feeling like they are "bothering" someone.

I like our vent rules and when we are grouped I appreciate how organized and serious we are. But some channels need to be a little more free imo.

Thoughts? Clarification?

Vyse #40862 03/16/09 08:49 AM
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Last night the clear vent message was sent out because there was someone out there that needed help. It was for a breif period.

So are you saying that if you are gathering resources, and in that channel, and you ask for help, that people should continue talking no matter what because you are in that specific channel? Also at that time of night, there were very few people on, so i see no problem with people congregating in one area to talk and have some fun. I still feel that if you are in a specific channel, no matter what and you are asking for help because someone is pk'ing you, that the respect should be shown no matter what channel you are in.

I know for a fact, that if i was out and full of loot, and someone could help me, and someone was talking over me, no matter what is going on, i would be extremely pissed.

I do agree that people that are new to the game need to have their questions aswered, but then again, those questions could be moved to another channel as well. I have been in the resource collection channel when there has been a raid on our city, and i have had some questions that were pretty important, does that mean i should just ask the question no matter what? I know people would be extremely upset at me. People need to learn, that there are times for questions, but there are also times that they need to wait, and their questions will be answered by someone.

Also, on a side note, i think that we need to designate a few experienced people that do have some patience (excluding syev) that would be the go to people for any new players that have questions. I have noticed that Jet has a lot of questions directed at him, but he has a lot of things to do, and i think if people want to help others, we should give them a title for that and people can go to them. THis game has a steep learning curve for the first few hours, so it would be good if we had soemoen like that.

Lenny #40865 03/16/09 10:06 AM
Vyse Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
I would be happy to volunteer for Q&A.

I did state that I understand the rules and am happy with them but it would be nice to have a room to go to where you can avoid the "seriousness". And I know you mentioned something Lenny but you were just repeating what someone else had already said. I just need clarification. I am not pointing fingers or saying it is wrong, I just want to know the official take on it. If all rooms follow those rules or not. Sounds like they do.

If I am getting ganked and I am in that channel I usually just jump down to the lower channels to look for help considering the resource gatherers in that channel aren't equipped to help you anyways.

Vyse #40869 03/16/09 11:05 AM
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
True enough vyse, but everyone was in that channel except for maybe two.

The reason i said it, was because one person was ignoring the clear channel, when they know better.

Lenny #40870 03/16/09 11:05 AM
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
and it was not at anyone new to the guild.

Lenny #40880 03/16/09 12:33 PM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Hence the General Discussion Channel, but it seems people group up in the Resource channel during the day.

May have to make another channel.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
I just created City Resource 1 and City Defense.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
no work today??? was it that tramatic?

Lenny #40893 03/16/09 03:12 PM
KGB Crown Princess
KGB Crown Princess

Sometimes in the winds of change we find our true direction.
Heidi #40911 03/16/09 06:24 PM
Vyse Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Ohhhhh Heidi FTW lol

I will pretend I have no idea what that picture was for smile

Link Copied to Clipboard