KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 50 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,034,252 Trump card
1,342,149 Picture Thread
480,195 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Now that we have a grove - I am all for selling my wood.......er our wood......er Jets wood.....ugh

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
Why not just offer the refined goods instead of the common material?

This way we get our people to skill up on the turning iron ore into iron ingots, and we get a higher sale price per unit of iron ore if we sell them as refined.

Iron Ore = 2gp

Iron Ingot = 5gp ( 2 iron ore = 1 ingot. hence we get approx 2.5 gold per iron ore instead of 2gp per iron ore)

With a messed up fail rate system I expect that even with a moderate skill in refining ore into ingots, we will still be making more gold per iron ore if we sold only the ingots.

When you start multiplying and leveraging this with a large volume of inventory in excess iron ore you begin to magnify the price return and get a good profit multiplier.

The difference being, if we sold 100 iron ore, we would get a flat 200 gold. No cost would be associated with this other then the time it took to mine, and the consumption of the pick axe. Since 99.9% of us don't waste money on buying pick axe's and get them from chests, the cost of the tool is moot.

Now, if we took that same 100 iron ore, and flipped it into ingots we could get a maximum of 50 iron ingots. Factoring in the failure rate we would probably end up with approx 43-48 iron ingots. This would give us between 215-225 gold for the same 100 iron ore, and be a 10% gain in gold.

We would as well reap the benefit of giving someone some more stats and skill in the iron ore to iron ingot process.

**Edit**
Forgot about the demand side of this equation until after I read my post. All crafted items that require iron, pretty much require the refined iron ingot, and not the base material. Especially anything worth crafting for clan advancement and supply. That being said, why give someone else the skill up and stat up on the turning of iron ore to ingots. I would think that the first choice if given ore or ingot for sale would be the ingot, due to it saving the purchaser time in refining.

Just a lunchtime thought, take it or leave it. Just trying to maximize our efforts, and my logic my be flawed due to missing some information.
your wrong, 5 iron ore gives you 2 iron ingots. SO for 100 you would get 40. So, the max you can get for the same 100 iron ore, for processed, would be 200 gold. People are paying a premium for unprocessed product, and i feel let them take the loss on processing it. In the end, the raw materials are a better sell for us, no matter what you say.

Now to those that are talking about keeping the resources for the guild, so crafters can gain skill, i aggree that in the future, the guild can give out resources, but i thought that our main concern was for building this city. I also feel, that crafters, if they want to level up, raw mats such as iron, wood should be gathered themselves, and parts of other mats can be given.

I have ranked up a lot of my skills, bowyer is 50+ and not one donation from the guild.

Band 6
Band 6
The grove is near useless, especially since it regrows so slowly and anyone under the sun can wipe it out; that is unless we can keep it for guild-stores only. Other than that, anyone can run it dry in half an hour flat. (if less, depending on where they hit it)

Former KGB Member
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I was able to farm 600+ wood easily last night. Course I am on the other side of the world so people in the city were next to none. Syloc was there, Ken and a few others. Syloc got 450~ before his axe broke and I ganked him (in the guild bank bro). I turned in 180~ wood my first run and have another bunch once the server lets me log in... so its not waste I don't think.

What makes a man turn neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Lenny
Now to those that are talking about keeping the resources for the guild, so crafters can gain skill, i aggree that in the future, the guild can give out resources, but i thought that our main concern was for building this city. I also feel, that crafters, if they want to level up, raw mats such as iron, wood should be gathered themselves, and parts of other mats can be given.

I have ranked up a lot of my skills, bowyer is 50+ and not one donation from the guild.

Definately not looking for handouts - but later in the game it would be wise to power level (excuse the term) crafters if you have the resources. But I agree I have chopped, chipped, hacked everything of mine. I have traded for leather and last night Jet gave me some ore because I donated 500gold to the grove but other than that. Yeah if people are looking for handouts I hope it is noticed they aren't pulling their weight and the handouts stop. But those that are pulling their weight and donating lots to the guild bank I have no problem with giving them handouts (once established). It has been earned.

Anywho - what is the refresh rate on the grove? 3 hours? 5 hours? Anyone have a close #?

Last edited by Vyse; 03/13/09 07:00 PM.
Missing in Action - October 2021
Missing in Action - October 2021
I think it refreshes in minutes, but only 1 timber at a time.

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
just out of curiousity what if, and this is a HUGE what if mind you, KGB wanted to build another city?

What if you destroy sun, and take Cairn?

Would not the resources you stock pile today save you a headache in the future? Think like the United States Government and thier stock pile of weapons.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
i think we want to finish the city and start on other things, the sooner the better, not save resources for the future

KGB Paladin
KGB Paladin
we'll always be using resources.... wether to build another guard tower or create another war hulk/siege machine to crush anothers city.

Leader: KGB Korea
Paladin of the Knights of Glory and Beer!
Former KGB RIFT BC Faction
Former Supreme Court Justice
Former Provost Marshal
Former GSS Agent
Former Knight Captain
Former Champion
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Syloc
The grove is near useless, especially since it regrows so slowly and anyone under the sun can wipe it out; that is unless we can keep it for guild-stores only. Other than that, anyone can run it dry in half an hour flat. (if less, depending on where they hit it)

How many groves can be placed, and can a grove be placed away from the entrance, more towards the interior of the city?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard