KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 45 guests, and 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,037,492 Trump card
1,342,623 Picture Thread
481,244 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Lenny
I dont know if i am right or not, but here is my opinion.

I do believe that building our city is very important, but also we need to have some fun. There are some of us that don’t mind farming for resources, but there are others that hate it. I don’t want people to get burnt out and feel that the game is not fun anymore. I think that we need to take one or two days off of farming for resources to do what you want to do. I know that primetime, some would probably like to go out and pvp, and we should encourage people to have fun sometimes, and not just farm for gold, lumber, stone or iron.

Sorry I had to wait till my lunch break before I could reply to this one. I understand where you are coming from Lenny but simply put I would disagree.

I applied to KGB. I read through the list of rules and regulations, filled out an app and was honored that I was accepted. This isn’t a guild that says hey come join us to just anyone. They have a very strict policy of who they recruit and when. I feel by being accepted into KGB this is a privilege and not a right.

When I took that oath to become a member of KGB I swore to do what is best for the guild because in turn what is best for the guild is also best for me. That being said:

If one isn’t willing to keep the guilds better interest in mind, why would they apply to KGB in the first place? I do not think our leadership is asking too much of us. We have been at this what 10 days? Look how far we have come? Look how much further we would be if people did not have their own agendas. If people do not want to contribute at all and just want to do their own thing then there are plenty of people without guild tags running around out there lost with no purpose that will be quitting soon.

That may sound harsh and by all means people should have fun when they are playing. But isn’t a little bit of sacrifice in the beginning of this games launch worth the frustration when a couple weeks down the road we will have a fully fortified city and all can enjoy hunting together. We work together – we reap the rewards together. We fight together, we die together. That is why I joined KGB. A tight unit of people working together to be the best. Sounds like a commercial but I mean it.

Those who have contributed already are tired but seeing results, those who haven’t I would encourage to drop what you are doing and put in an hour or 2 of resource gathering for your guild. No one is going to crack a whip and make you do something but then you have to ask do you really want to be a part of KGB or are you just in a guild because it makes life easier on you?

Lenny you have put an ass load of time making arrows for the guild – it doesn’t go unnoticed – you have put thousands of arrows in there. Jet has farmed his ass off since day one. Many others as well. The only reason I can see farming being frustrating, is for those farming resources look around and seeing all the people “having fun “ around them. It’s not fair but we deal with it and farm away. I am guilty of this myself the last 2 days I spent running around because I wanted to figure out why the hell I am so god awful at fighting. Then out of frustration I mine some more and watch my strength increase, my damage begins to rise and then I smile because all of a sudden I can kill mobs and realize this grind is very beneficial.

In the EU release I think it has been reasonably lenient as far as people not gathering. In the NA launch I am 100% for the whip coming out. Look how far we have come so fast – think about how far and fast we can come with everyone focused on the same goals.

Okay so this is a long winded way of saying. Everyone suck it up and gather resources a bit. Do your part for the guild and we will all enjoy playing together when that time comes. We have come a long way in the first few days. I will be heading up tool box runs when I am on all are welcome to come along – on those runs we can kill what’s in our way (5 kobalds, 2 minatours and a centour or 2) – then we recall back and harvest more smile

Pickaxe in one hand, beer in the other....let’s get er done.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
I guess you also have to look at why the other people decided to play this game. I was just stating an opinion.

And also, the game has been going on for more than 10 days for some of those in Beta, they worked hard to understand the game and get as far as they could. I am just worried about people getting burnt out to quick and not having fun at the game. I dont mind gathering, that is all i have done, but there are those that would like to go out and do their own thing once and awhile.

As to Dunlop, i do know that there have been ocassions that things have been said that were not discussed with other leaders. Also, there are some people that are not getting any arrows, and i have probably donated 6-8000 arrows, i am not sure, i never counted.

Last edited by Lenny; 03/06/09 11:51 AM.

Band 6
Band 6
Well, the thing is, since we don't even have the full membership in the game; and some of our NA rivals havn't even gotten the game yet - there's not much to be decided.

I do agree that we shouldn't get burnt out, but there is a reality that we need to be facing ...

This is a land rush. We've been lucky since we don't have any direct rivals near us, but that won't be the case in the NA release. This isn't a "farm forever" thing, this is a "farm till we get the walls and basics of the city up." Believe me, like in Shadowbane, there will be PLENTY of time to have fun. Hell, after the city is built, what else is there to do but raid our enemies' town?

Sure, we could do better communicating and organizing; but that's more of a byproduct of lots of people not having the game yet, and not having played a REAL open pvp game in awhile. You just can't jump on the horse after years of playing subpar MMOs and expect to be the sharpest tool in the shed in day one. There's a lot of A+ guildmates still waiting to get the game, and once we get our city and crafters up, I have no doubt we'll be organizing pvp so much, it'll blow your mind. (:hint: i have the game now :hint:)

We just need to keep talking in vent, inform those that are out of the loop, and keep people communicating to each other.

The rest will come in time imho.

-Syloc

Last edited by Syloc; 03/06/09 12:46 PM.

Former KGB Member
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
I understand the City is a grind, but nothing, I mean nothing would damage guild moral more than having our city destroyed and or taken from us. Right now we are VERY VULNERABLE!

We need to push to get the KEEP to T3 and to get the guard towers up to protect our macroers and training.

Last night I saw two challenges, which means that Guilds are already going after cities.

Stay focused, and most importantly have fun. Success is in out grasp is we do.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
i agree, but we also have to read the emotions of others, and decide what is best, what i want and what you want are two different things, but we have to work things to benefit each other, and that is what i am talking about.

I will be talking to leadership today about an issue that i have seen, because there have been hurt feelings, and i just want to make sure things dont escalate.

JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Lenny
i agree, but we also have to read the emotions of others, and decide what is best, what i want and what you want are two different things, but we have to work things to benefit each other, and that is what i am talking about.

I will be talking to leadership today about an issue that i have seen, because there have been hurt feelings, and i just want to make sure things dont escalate.

That is most important Lenny. PLEASE tell whomever it is that I am open to talk 24/7. If I can help, just email me directly at adaniel@us.ibm.com.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
I appreciate everyone's comments and even when you seem to disagree we are all really in agreement at the task at hand.

One of the reason's for the post could be that, while we have more people entering the game, our prime time harvesting was at a low last night. Or maybe it just seemed that way to me.

I am not really worried about the new accounts coming on - I know they are pumped up to get into the pvp but as Vyse and others have said in this thread - they will get owned by mobs and players until they raise their stats.

For me that's the bottom line - log and mine will pump your stats into the tolerable range and you will be able to kill mobs and players. Until your stats get raised you are going to be frustrated with the fights you engage in.

The biggest grumbling I hear constantly is over our allies being in town. They are taking up bind spots that guildies need. The complaint's I hear are about their contribution to our effort and since no one knows what they are contributing the grumbling has started. Someone threatened to kill one the other day in town - not sure if they were stressed in RL but the response was way out of context with what's happening.

Imho we should set up a simple formula for the allied groups so that they know what their contribution is and ask them to meet it. At the same time we should put out a simple statement that we they have committed to meeting our expectations and are on track. This bit of information may cool down some of the folks who are complaining.

Everything for KGB in DFO is going fantastic. We are getting more members in every single day. The work that EVERYONE has and is contributing is making us very successful. BTW ask Pirate what he saw in the Blood and Sun cities last night. They started with the bugged mob gold to get their towns but they are empty of buildings.

Our combined efforts have put us on the fast track in DFO and we should be relishing this success, in between swings!

FYI - I contribute everything I can to the guild and hardly ever loot so I don't have any coin BUT if you need something you can't get and nothing is available in the guild vault send me a tell and I will help you get it if I can.

Str 23.0
Vit 21.7
Dex 20.3
Quick28.5
Int 26.9
Wis 24.6

Best skill in game is Parry remap your V key and use it every fight. Even at low levels, with a shield, you will take very little damage when using it.

Parry 35.8 and I can tank 2 high lvl mobs at once and take very little damage as long as I have stam.

We were on an island last night and I took almost no damage from a high lvl golem banging on my shield.

KGB Champion - Taco Salad
KGB Champion - Taco Salad
Originally Posted By: Hare
Imho we should set up a simple formula for the allied groups so that they know what their contribution is and ask them to meet it.

I strongly agree with this. The honor system is OK, but having a contract in writing about exactly what every party expects will help a lot with the trust issues we have.

Especially for RUS Corp. They have been mobbing our city since the alliance. I am fine with them helping us against SUN, but we need to see some open, publicized taxation going on for use of our facilities until they get their own. It would be a shame if we helped them into a city to get nothing in return.

[Linked Image]
KGB Paladin
KGB Paladin
we get their swords! more or less

Leader: KGB Korea
Paladin of the Knights of Glory and Beer!
Former KGB RIFT BC Faction
Former Supreme Court Justice
Former Provost Marshal
Former GSS Agent
Former Knight Captain
Former Champion
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard