KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 32 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
chrisbcfc
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,031,651 Trump card
1,341,065 Picture Thread
479,007 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Revco #39283 02/27/09 12:03 PM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Well guys, the problem was with 100000000 people all trying to do the same quest, it lagged horrible, and it was not that easy. We all experienced MOB sync problems and that really threw a monkey wrench in our program.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
JetStar #39292 02/27/09 12:54 PM
KGB Champion - Taco Salad
KGB Champion - Taco Salad
Ok, so now that we have had a break to rest up, I think we need a strong plan when the server comes back.

IIRC we have about 3k or 4k gold in the bank. However, those Veilron chest keys are worth 2.5k-3k each, if we can cash them in. We have two of them. This should be our #1 priority. Supposedly there is a dungeon with very difficult mobs in Alfar lands (north of Deep Yishku?) that has this chest, we need to do some dry runs with armored characters to see if we can get in and out in one piece.

Our second priority is to figure out where we will plant our city. We need some scouts to go check out various city locations to see if they've been claimed, the most important one being the city just south of the neutral town Simiran on Cairn. See the dfo maps, its location is marked. I think the mainland cities are probably most sought after and thus are least likely to be available, so we should send some scouts to the other three islands to see if the cities there are taken as well. Problem is I don't know the locations of these cities. The other map that's available here ( http://www.afraidyet.net/forums/misc.php?do=page&template=Darkfall_Map ) has some locations, but do not consider it complete.

I understand the frustrations Vyse mentioned in the lack of organization. When we were hitting the bugged mob spawns though, the best tactic really was to spread out and farm as many of them as possible. Vexx and I were able to hold the Ogre spawns by ourselves, for example, while the rest of the group tried to ninja loot at Grey Orks. This really bumped up our income. It was too desynched to effectively push out the competition at any one spawn, and if it hadn't been, I imagine that the spawn wouldn't have been bugged or SUN would have sent their entire guild at us.

Since there are people in our guild already bound in Alfar lands, I nominate them to figure out the dungeon / veilron chest problem. We also have a Seletine key that will give us some golds if we find that chest too.

I am bound at Simiran, and personally I enjoy scouting. I will head to Rubaiyat or Yssam to scout player cities. From there, I will head to the Ice island which is actually my strongest bet for available cities, since it's closest to Mahirim lands and nobody is rolling Mahirim.

Last edited by rhaikh; 02/27/09 12:55 PM.

[Linked Image]
rhaikh #39302 02/27/09 02:21 PM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Thanks Rhaikh,

I would get in Vent and work with whatever officers are online. Your help is appreciated.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
JetStar #39325 02/27/09 04:21 PM
KGB Paladin
KGB Paladin
That dungeon north of Alfar newbie lands has been marked on the map thread listed below that I started. I has the location marked.

As for recall runes etc... get used to running around. It sucks and is probably one of my major beefs with the game. A mount will be nice but then your just a target for people to hunt you down and kill you. No gates listed yet... probably won't be any either. A small raft for some of us later on will help in the water travel.

As for fighting style, get used to thinking like a tank mage from UO days. Add in some archery for when they run away and your golden! Hell even the looting is a lot like UO where you open up the corpse and pull the items from it to your backpack.

Skill based system is awesome and reminds me of UO without the 700 pt cap.

City locations is still probably up in the air but last I heard from Derid/Donk was the North East city of Cairn. One of the last city sites left on that island. If we lose that we'll have to look at other islands then. Might be nice for a fresh start somewhere else... I'm not against it. I h8 the minos.

Overall, the game is worth it... it really is. I enjoy the piss out of this game even when it's buggy and frustrating. This launch is no worse then expected from previous track records of other MMO's. This is how launches work and they will never learn how to do it right.

Leader: KGB Korea
Paladin of the Knights of Glory and Beer!
Former KGB RIFT BC Faction
Former Supreme Court Justice
Former Provost Marshal
Former GSS Agent
Former Knight Captain
Former Champion
Thomas #39330 02/27/09 04:45 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Ok cool.... so far i got it has some stuff like UO...

Recall... yes

gate.... no

Can you sync on stuff as a mage like UO and can you pre cast and arm a weapon then combo?

There is no skill cap?

and also looks like theres no mounts?

Sorry if im bothering you guys with all these questions... if you dont answer i understand lol

FORMER: Champion
FORMER: Marshall
BK_of_KGB #39336 02/27/09 05:46 PM
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
There are mounts, but their worth is highly questionable, since it'll just make you a larger target in PvP.

Former KGB Member
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard