The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Lenny Updates - 02/26/09 02:42 PM
Can someone let us know at work how things are going after each server crash? Let us know how close we are to getting our city and finally when we get our city.
Posted By: Vyse Re: Updates - 02/26/09 02:56 PM
I am letting Aulderon use my account when I can't play. So if you see me in game but not in vent it is him. I will give him the vent info today if that is okay since he will be knighted today once the oracle is back up.

Lenny, when I logged off this morning when the servers went down I think we only had a total of like 6-700 gold. Hopefully the servers will be more stable today and we can really push. Between me and Auld my account will be on from 2pm PST until around 11pm PST.
Posted By: Lenny Re: Updates - 02/26/09 03:28 PM
As of this morning when the servers came up, i had heard that DOnk had 900+ gold, so things are getting closer.
Posted By: Elph Re: Updates - 02/26/09 03:44 PM
Vyse he could have vent information the second his application is posted lol
Posted By: Vyse Re: Updates - 02/26/09 03:48 PM
oops......my bad
Posted By: Lenny Re: Updates - 02/26/09 04:32 PM
Maybe ELph you can go into vent and see how they are doing and update here? I think that is a good idea.
Posted By: Vyse Re: Updates - 02/26/09 04:36 PM
Except that this site will be coming down any minute.

http://www.eu1.darkfallonline.com/news/

Here is the link to check server status - that is always fun to look at....servers will be up while I am at wok and down the second I get home.
Posted By: Syloc Re: Updates - 02/27/09 01:17 AM
Did we get the city? Server is up.
Posted By: Lorddarka Re: Updates - 02/27/09 03:36 AM
need to farm for city as a guild takes 10k we have maybe half now
but need to increase our effort and efficency.
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: Updates - 02/27/09 03:36 AM
I'm pretty sure our clan tag is up. That's as of like noon EST though. We're currently working towards the city as far as I know.
Posted By: Laryagar Re: Updates - 02/27/09 10:04 AM
The servers are down for patching, at last check we are still scouting for a city. The planned city site was stolen by a european guild. Apparently there has been some known bugged spawn sites that at least some european guilds and others have been exploiting to get their funds together for the cities way faster than they should have. So we are now searching for a city site, there are many hamlet sites but I think we are still holding out for a City. Some of the sites are fairly intricate...such as one being inside a cave.
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: Updates - 02/27/09 12:50 PM
Yeah we should definitely hold out for the most secure city we can get. There was a cave on the way to the... zombie spawn under the I in CAIRN if I recall. Good luck, guys :\. If all else fails, maybe take a leisurely swim to one of the other islands?
Posted By: Thomas Re: Updates - 02/27/09 01:21 PM
last I saw we were having a terible time getting focused on killing the "right" mobs for quick cash and spreading out to different camps to max our gains. We are currently holding out for the North East city on the Cairn Island close to the neutral npc town. If that goes we may very well have to check other islands.

The Sync issues greatly effected our play and made it damn near impossible to pvp/defend yourself let alone kill certain mobs.

Although, we did finally find a few bugged out mob camps that we could hit but only farmed them for a couple hours before server down.

Overall, we did the best we could with the limited numbers we had and have at least half of the gold needed for the stone.

What we need is experienced dungeon dwellers that know where we can turn in our V-key and S-keys for the big cash gains.
Posted By: Dalmar Re: Updates - 02/27/09 03:15 PM
I was mining/chopping... frown

All npcs were invis and half the pcs where invis dunno why I am so out of sync, only average 150-250 ping.

Got 50 gold off a pc corpse to get woodchop n pick. I did manage to kill an invisble goblin though by slashing wildly in blood spatter directions lol crazy

Hopefully patch helps and I can help farm. Do we have the guild already setup?
Posted By: BK_of_KGB Re: Updates - 02/27/09 04:24 PM
Does this game have Recalling and Gate? or do you have to run everywhere to get around? And how does the game look? Fighting like UO?.... Inspire me Thomas smile
Posted By: Vyse Re: Updates - 02/27/09 04:33 PM
Originally Posted By: Lorddarka
need to farm for city as a guild takes 10k we have maybe half now
but need to increase our effort and efficency.

100% agree with efficiancy. Last night was a mess. We had a plan from the get go to get in and do the newb quests and pool money. What did we do? right out of the gate ran in spearate directions. Some good groups and fun but not sticking to the plan. We need to focus. Several things I have noticed.

Organize vent groups - not all hanging in one room unless we are all together. Group one hang out in group one vent, group 2 hang out in group 2 vent. Of course anyone is welcome but according to the vent guidelines we are hardly sticking to them.

Stick to a plan. Yes the mobs were bugged but the first night we immediately deviated from our plan. SO there are a lot of people hunting goblins - we kill them we own the goblin area until we have all got our 4 axes and our 4 kills then we let them back in. Especially now that we all have MUCH better weapons than people in the newb area. Let's plan a time and do this. From there we finish the newb quests and go own the kobald area. One group killing ninja looter and the other group focused on the kobalds and assist when needed on keeping people away.

If we need to designate scouts great but 8 people running in 8 different directions is not what we need right now.

Most likely that bug has been fixed now so hunting on the island is probably out anyways. Lets get back to our original game plan. I plan to be on uninterupted tonight for probably 9-10 hours straight. I plan on being productive tonight.

Originally Posted By: Thomas
last I saw we were having a terible time getting focused on killing the "right" mobs for quick cash and spreading out to different camps to max our gains. We are currently holding out for the North East city on the Cairn Island close to the neutral npc town. If that goes we may very well have to check other islands.

The Sync issues greatly effected our play and made it damn near impossible to pvp/defend yourself let alone kill certain mobs.

Although, we did finally find a few bugged out mob camps that we could hit but only farmed them for a couple hours before server down.

I agree - even though there was a bug last night we should stick together - I was at the orc spawn and everyone else left. Why? because 3 exxile showed up? We had the numbers to remove thwir asses. We can't kill them they are bugged - fair enough then we still could have stayed focused on killing orcs and gathering loot.

Please don't get me wrong - this probably sounds angry, I am not at all I am just simply stating that we need to step it up, get focused and in a week or 4 when we get where we want to THEN everyone can go do their own thing. I for one got fed up of wasting time attempting to hit monsters that weren't there so I went to go gather resources but at that time the server went down. So I am also to blame - I went off to do my own thing but I was fed up with Exxile taking me down to 25% health and no one there to back me up.

I definitely had a different picture in mind as far as release went - IMO AV needs to roll back the servers because it is lame that people can get their 1st cities exploiting bugs - but they probably won't do that.

Thoughts? Is this not accurate?

And before you use the arguments that well we couldn't see eachother and all that - I know this - it was a frustrating mess BUT my point is - I just want to make sure that when this bug is fixed we all get on the same page and all keep the same focus in mind.

Where is my cheers emote? Lets have some beers and have a great night tonight!!!!
Posted By: Vyse Re: Updates - 02/27/09 04:38 PM
Originally Posted By: BK_of_KGB
Does this game have Recalling and Gate? or do you have to run everywhere to get around? And how does the game look? Fighting like UO?.... Inspire me Thomas smile

We have managed so get several "Recall stones" (not positive the actual name) Supposedly you can mark them anywhere and recall to them? We do not know how to use them yet.

Most people disagree with me on this but for someone with very little gaming time I hate how long it takes to get from A-B. Even with the swimming bug it takes a solid 30-40 mins to swim from Alfar starting area to Cairn. I put a hammer on my A key and left for 20 mins at a time and eventually got there.

I do like the realism and the fact that world is so huge but how much time have we spent just in traveling from place to place? Holy crap I am wordy today - I will shut up now. Fighting is it's own style - hard to compare to anything. A little like UO maybe?

To answer your questions - Yes recall - we think
No gates - that we know of. Game looks absolutley beautiful (character models are kinda funnylooking imo)
Fighting is hard to compare to anything really? At least anything I have played.
Posted By: Arkh Re: Updates - 02/27/09 04:50 PM
I must agree about the noob quest. I don't know why nobody was doing them : I got 2 towns already done which gave me access to kobold quest (deep yishku quest line) and an undead quest line (from our starter city quests).
Got my hands on 4 bags, armor, lot of tools, weapons and I have 600g in my bank waiting to join the guild vault.
For the third town quests, I already have a good part of the harvesting materials needed for the related quests. Just got to kill stupid goblins to to it.

But, after doing some maths, the hivekin quest sux if you do it in group (good gold for lone player) : the quest gives 10 + 6*mobs gold. Given the slow spawn rate of the hivekins forager (I managed the camp alone for almost 1 hour, naked) it's useless for a group.
Posted By: Vyse Re: Updates - 02/27/09 05:36 PM
Originally Posted By: Arkh
I must agree about the noob quest. I don't know why nobody was doing them : I got 2 towns already done which gave me access to kobold quest (deep yishku quest line) and an undead quest line (from our starter city quests).
Got my hands on 4 bags, armor, lot of tools, weapons and I have 600g in my bank waiting to join the guild vault.
For the third town quests, I already have a good part of the harvesting materials needed for the related quests. Just got to kill stupid goblins to to it.

900+ times 10+ people doing it = 9000+ gold in probably 6-8 hours if we stick together and zerg the areas. I like our chances. popcorn
Posted By: Revco Re: Updates - 02/27/09 06:07 PM
I was online last night for about 2.5 hours getting used to the controls and attempting to do the noob quests. For me they were impossible. I couldn't see any mobs, only way I could find one is run around unitl I started getting hit and then use a tree to force them in front of me, problem is I kept getting multiples and dying.

Hopefully they will fix the sync issue soon because as it was, they weren't worth the frustration.
Posted By: JetStar Re: Updates - 02/27/09 07:03 PM
Well guys, the problem was with 100000000 people all trying to do the same quest, it lagged horrible, and it was not that easy. We all experienced MOB sync problems and that really threw a monkey wrench in our program.
Posted By: rhaikh Re: Updates - 02/27/09 07:54 PM
Ok, so now that we have had a break to rest up, I think we need a strong plan when the server comes back.

IIRC we have about 3k or 4k gold in the bank. However, those Veilron chest keys are worth 2.5k-3k each, if we can cash them in. We have two of them. This should be our #1 priority. Supposedly there is a dungeon with very difficult mobs in Alfar lands (north of Deep Yishku?) that has this chest, we need to do some dry runs with armored characters to see if we can get in and out in one piece.

Our second priority is to figure out where we will plant our city. We need some scouts to go check out various city locations to see if they've been claimed, the most important one being the city just south of the neutral town Simiran on Cairn. See the dfo maps, its location is marked. I think the mainland cities are probably most sought after and thus are least likely to be available, so we should send some scouts to the other three islands to see if the cities there are taken as well. Problem is I don't know the locations of these cities. The other map that's available here ( http://www.afraidyet.net/forums/misc.php?do=page&template=Darkfall_Map ) has some locations, but do not consider it complete.

I understand the frustrations Vyse mentioned in the lack of organization. When we were hitting the bugged mob spawns though, the best tactic really was to spread out and farm as many of them as possible. Vexx and I were able to hold the Ogre spawns by ourselves, for example, while the rest of the group tried to ninja loot at Grey Orks. This really bumped up our income. It was too desynched to effectively push out the competition at any one spawn, and if it hadn't been, I imagine that the spawn wouldn't have been bugged or SUN would have sent their entire guild at us.

Since there are people in our guild already bound in Alfar lands, I nominate them to figure out the dungeon / veilron chest problem. We also have a Seletine key that will give us some golds if we find that chest too.

I am bound at Simiran, and personally I enjoy scouting. I will head to Rubaiyat or Yssam to scout player cities. From there, I will head to the Ice island which is actually my strongest bet for available cities, since it's closest to Mahirim lands and nobody is rolling Mahirim.
Posted By: JetStar Re: Updates - 02/27/09 09:21 PM
Thanks Rhaikh,

I would get in Vent and work with whatever officers are online. Your help is appreciated.
Posted By: Thomas Re: Updates - 02/27/09 11:21 PM
That dungeon north of Alfar newbie lands has been marked on the map thread listed below that I started. I has the location marked.

As for recall runes etc... get used to running around. It sucks and is probably one of my major beefs with the game. A mount will be nice but then your just a target for people to hunt you down and kill you. No gates listed yet... probably won't be any either. A small raft for some of us later on will help in the water travel.

As for fighting style, get used to thinking like a tank mage from UO days. Add in some archery for when they run away and your golden! Hell even the looting is a lot like UO where you open up the corpse and pull the items from it to your backpack.

Skill based system is awesome and reminds me of UO without the 700 pt cap.

City locations is still probably up in the air but last I heard from Derid/Donk was the North East city of Cairn. One of the last city sites left on that island. If we lose that we'll have to look at other islands then. Might be nice for a fresh start somewhere else... I'm not against it. I h8 the minos.

Overall, the game is worth it... it really is. I enjoy the piss out of this game even when it's buggy and frustrating. This launch is no worse then expected from previous track records of other MMO's. This is how launches work and they will never learn how to do it right.
Posted By: BK_of_KGB Re: Updates - 02/27/09 11:45 PM
Ok cool.... so far i got it has some stuff like UO...

Recall... yes

gate.... no

Can you sync on stuff as a mage like UO and can you pre cast and arm a weapon then combo?

There is no skill cap?

and also looks like theres no mounts?

Sorry if im bothering you guys with all these questions... if you dont answer i understand lol
Posted By: Revol Re: Updates - 02/28/09 12:46 AM
There are mounts, but their worth is highly questionable, since it'll just make you a larger target in PvP.
© The KGB Oracle