KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 49 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Shock
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,032,980 Trump card
1,341,967 Picture Thread
479,722 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
BoSllBibliotequa #39241 02/27/09 03:04 AM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
The servers are down for patching, at last check we are still scouting for a city. The planned city site was stolen by a european guild. Apparently there has been some known bugged spawn sites that at least some european guilds and others have been exploiting to get their funds together for the cities way faster than they should have. So we are now searching for a city site, there are many hamlet sites but I think we are still holding out for a City. Some of the sites are fairly intricate...such as one being inside a cave.

Vanguard,Retaliator,Redeemer,Reclaimer,3 Constellations,Orion,All Auroras,All 300 Series,All Commercial Hornets, All Hulls, Star G, Endeavor Master Set
Laryagar #39244 02/27/09 05:50 AM
Missing in Action - October 2021
Missing in Action - October 2021
Yeah we should definitely hold out for the most secure city we can get. There was a cave on the way to the... zombie spawn under the I in CAIRN if I recall. Good luck, guys :\. If all else fails, maybe take a leisurely swim to one of the other islands?

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]
BoSllBibliotequa #39248 02/27/09 06:21 AM
KGB Paladin
KGB Paladin
last I saw we were having a terible time getting focused on killing the "right" mobs for quick cash and spreading out to different camps to max our gains. We are currently holding out for the North East city on the Cairn Island close to the neutral npc town. If that goes we may very well have to check other islands.

The Sync issues greatly effected our play and made it damn near impossible to pvp/defend yourself let alone kill certain mobs.

Although, we did finally find a few bugged out mob camps that we could hit but only farmed them for a couple hours before server down.

Overall, we did the best we could with the limited numbers we had and have at least half of the gold needed for the stone.

What we need is experienced dungeon dwellers that know where we can turn in our V-key and S-keys for the big cash gains.

Last edited by Thomas; 02/27/09 06:23 AM.

Leader: KGB Korea
Paladin of the Knights of Glory and Beer!
Former KGB RIFT BC Faction
Former Supreme Court Justice
Former Provost Marshal
Former GSS Agent
Former Knight Captain
Former Champion
Thomas #39260 02/27/09 08:15 AM
KGB Knight Inactive
KGB Knight Inactive
I was mining/chopping... frown

All npcs were invis and half the pcs where invis dunno why I am so out of sync, only average 150-250 ping.

Got 50 gold off a pc corpse to get woodchop n pick. I did manage to kill an invisble goblin though by slashing wildly in blood spatter directions lol crazy

Hopefully patch helps and I can help farm. Do we have the guild already setup?

Dalmar #39262 02/27/09 09:24 AM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Does this game have Recalling and Gate? or do you have to run everywhere to get around? And how does the game look? Fighting like UO?.... Inspire me Thomas smile

FORMER: Champion
FORMER: Marshall
Thomas #39265 02/27/09 09:33 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Lorddarka
need to farm for city as a guild takes 10k we have maybe half now
but need to increase our effort and efficency.

100% agree with efficiancy. Last night was a mess. We had a plan from the get go to get in and do the newb quests and pool money. What did we do? right out of the gate ran in spearate directions. Some good groups and fun but not sticking to the plan. We need to focus. Several things I have noticed.

Organize vent groups - not all hanging in one room unless we are all together. Group one hang out in group one vent, group 2 hang out in group 2 vent. Of course anyone is welcome but according to the vent guidelines we are hardly sticking to them.

Stick to a plan. Yes the mobs were bugged but the first night we immediately deviated from our plan. SO there are a lot of people hunting goblins - we kill them we own the goblin area until we have all got our 4 axes and our 4 kills then we let them back in. Especially now that we all have MUCH better weapons than people in the newb area. Let's plan a time and do this. From there we finish the newb quests and go own the kobald area. One group killing ninja looter and the other group focused on the kobalds and assist when needed on keeping people away.

If we need to designate scouts great but 8 people running in 8 different directions is not what we need right now.

Most likely that bug has been fixed now so hunting on the island is probably out anyways. Lets get back to our original game plan. I plan to be on uninterupted tonight for probably 9-10 hours straight. I plan on being productive tonight.

Originally Posted By: Thomas
last I saw we were having a terible time getting focused on killing the "right" mobs for quick cash and spreading out to different camps to max our gains. We are currently holding out for the North East city on the Cairn Island close to the neutral npc town. If that goes we may very well have to check other islands.

The Sync issues greatly effected our play and made it damn near impossible to pvp/defend yourself let alone kill certain mobs.

Although, we did finally find a few bugged out mob camps that we could hit but only farmed them for a couple hours before server down.

I agree - even though there was a bug last night we should stick together - I was at the orc spawn and everyone else left. Why? because 3 exxile showed up? We had the numbers to remove thwir asses. We can't kill them they are bugged - fair enough then we still could have stayed focused on killing orcs and gathering loot.

Please don't get me wrong - this probably sounds angry, I am not at all I am just simply stating that we need to step it up, get focused and in a week or 4 when we get where we want to THEN everyone can go do their own thing. I for one got fed up of wasting time attempting to hit monsters that weren't there so I went to go gather resources but at that time the server went down. So I am also to blame - I went off to do my own thing but I was fed up with Exxile taking me down to 25% health and no one there to back me up.

I definitely had a different picture in mind as far as release went - IMO AV needs to roll back the servers because it is lame that people can get their 1st cities exploiting bugs - but they probably won't do that.

Thoughts? Is this not accurate?

And before you use the arguments that well we couldn't see eachother and all that - I know this - it was a frustrating mess BUT my point is - I just want to make sure that when this bug is fixed we all get on the same page and all keep the same focus in mind.

Where is my cheers emote? Lets have some beers and have a great night tonight!!!!

BK_of_KGB #39266 02/27/09 09:38 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: BK_of_KGB
Does this game have Recalling and Gate? or do you have to run everywhere to get around? And how does the game look? Fighting like UO?.... Inspire me Thomas smile

We have managed so get several "Recall stones" (not positive the actual name) Supposedly you can mark them anywhere and recall to them? We do not know how to use them yet.

Most people disagree with me on this but for someone with very little gaming time I hate how long it takes to get from A-B. Even with the swimming bug it takes a solid 30-40 mins to swim from Alfar starting area to Cairn. I put a hammer on my A key and left for 20 mins at a time and eventually got there.

I do like the realism and the fact that world is so huge but how much time have we spent just in traveling from place to place? Holy crap I am wordy today - I will shut up now. Fighting is it's own style - hard to compare to anything. A little like UO maybe?

To answer your questions - Yes recall - we think
No gates - that we know of. Game looks absolutley beautiful (character models are kinda funnylooking imo)
Fighting is hard to compare to anything really? At least anything I have played.

Last edited by Vyse; 02/27/09 10:00 AM.
Vyse #39268 02/27/09 09:50 AM
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
I must agree about the noob quest. I don't know why nobody was doing them : I got 2 towns already done which gave me access to kobold quest (deep yishku quest line) and an undead quest line (from our starter city quests).
Got my hands on 4 bags, armor, lot of tools, weapons and I have 600g in my bank waiting to join the guild vault.
For the third town quests, I already have a good part of the harvesting materials needed for the related quests. Just got to kill stupid goblins to to it.

But, after doing some maths, the hivekin quest sux if you do it in group (good gold for lone player) : the quest gives 10 + 6*mobs gold. Given the slow spawn rate of the hivekins forager (I managed the camp alone for almost 1 hour, naked) it's useless for a group.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Arkh #39273 02/27/09 10:36 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Arkh
I must agree about the noob quest. I don't know why nobody was doing them : I got 2 towns already done which gave me access to kobold quest (deep yishku quest line) and an undead quest line (from our starter city quests).
Got my hands on 4 bags, armor, lot of tools, weapons and I have 600g in my bank waiting to join the guild vault.
For the third town quests, I already have a good part of the harvesting materials needed for the related quests. Just got to kill stupid goblins to to it.

900+ times 10+ people doing it = 9000+ gold in probably 6-8 hours if we stick together and zerg the areas. I like our chances. popcorn

Vyse #39275 02/27/09 11:07 AM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I was online last night for about 2.5 hours getting used to the controls and attempting to do the noob quests. For me they were impossible. I couldn't see any mobs, only way I could find one is run around unitl I started getting hit and then use a tree to force them in front of me, problem is I kept getting multiples and dying.

Hopefully they will fix the sync issue soon because as it was, they weren't worth the frustration.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard