KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 71 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Binbs
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,030,539 Trump card
1,340,290 Picture Thread
478,700 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
hope i can get a pre-order today !!

Rallic Offline OP
The Undead Army
OP Offline
The Undead Army
Yesterday, 07:08 PM
Tasos
Darkfall Developer
Beta tester

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today a substantial patch was applied to the game. We’ve also opened up the beta information forums where you can read the newly released patch notes.

These patch notes, among other things, explain the basics of the conquest system. We’ve been working hard on the game as you can see by the volume of this update, we’ve already spoken of our commitment to supporting the game and that’s what we’ll continue doing. Things are looking good for launch; the game has been very stable, even though server and client are still in debug mode.

We feel we should explain what’s happening with the pre-ordering even though it hasn’t been officially opened yet: Yesterday we gave the beta testers some lead time to the pre-order. This was offered not only as a courtesy but also in order to get reports on any problems before releasing to the public. Since the pre-order link leaked out, our system has been overrun by players from all over the world trying to pre-order at the same time.

Even though areas like Asia are excluded from this release, they remain major contributors to the heavy server load. This load is many times above our highest estimate and as a result the system has been very slow. We’ve been correcting the few issues that have surfaced while in the process of increasing our web server capacity-yet again.

We apologize for these problems, we have people working on this around the clock and should have it fixed by tomorrow. We're disabling the pre-orders until then. Even though many persistent people have managed to pre-order successfully, it's just not a good user experience. We’ll post the pre-order information and resume taking pre-orders as soon as we're back up tomorrow.

Clarification: I just noticed it's after 5 am here. By tomorrow I guess I mean later today Saturday, Feb 21.

Band 5
Band 5
Lols....the gold sellers have to get their account too, don't they? This will be fun...trying to compete with gold sellers for in-game resources.

I noticed in AoC they changed tactics and had farmers roving with fairly skilled PKs. Wonder how/if that'll stand in DFO. M'thinks I'm going to focus on farming the farmers!

Quote:

Even though areas like Asia are excluded from this release, they remain major contributors to the heavy server load. This load is many times above our highest estimate and as a result the system has been very slow.

Rallic Offline OP
The Undead Army
OP Offline
The Undead Army
hahaha aye that what i did/do in shadowbane. i have to thank stubs for showing me how much gold you can make from farming CN.

oo and ill try to keep poping the info up as i find it.
but over all it looks like preorder will open agin today

Last edited by Rallic; 02/21/09 08:22 AM.
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Quote:

Lols....the gold sellers have to get their account too, don't they? This will be fun...trying to compete with gold sellers for in-game resources.

I noticed in AoC they changed tactics and had farmers roving with fairly skilled PKs. Wonder how/if that'll stand in DFO. M'thinks I'm going to focus on farming the farmers!

Quote:

Even though areas like Asia are excluded from this release, they remain major contributors to the heavy server load. This load is many times above our highest estimate and as a result the system has been very slow.

"Hey Crim, how many resources did you collect today?"

Well, I killed and looted 4 Korean farmers, 3 Chinese farmers, but I killed and looted 6 farmers from CQ!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Ok, I got in today and was able to make an account, so far spent about 2 hours and 5 tries later to enter in payment information, have not reached the point of actual ordering...but at least I am getting in. I am receiving 500 errors when entering data, probably due to overloading by all the people signing up.

Vanguard,Retaliator,Redeemer,Reclaimer,3 Constellations,Orion,All Auroras,All 300 Series,All Commercial Hornets, All Hulls, Star G, Endeavor Master Set
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
This was posted at 3PM Sunday on the Darkfall forums.

It was just confirmed to us that a large network provider in the US is facing a serious network issue and this is affecting an account management service we're using. As a result account creation and pre-ordering are timing out.

We finished with the upgrades to our webservers 5 hours ago and we've been handling the load with no problems, but there are problems communicating with our account management service due to the ISP issues mentioned above. We left the service running for them to be able to troubleshoot the problem. A small percentage of the requests are getting through but most are timing out. Now that the issue has been pinpointed we will turn preorders off but we'll stay at work until it's fixed or until we have some kind of ETA to report. We're assured there's a top priority on this.

Again, we apologize for the delay and for any frustration that this may be causing. We'll let you know immediately when we know something. As far as the client and installer download which should have been up today, we need to hold off until the pre-orders are up or until we have an ETA.

I have been having problems all day...was able to create my account and billing information but have been timing out completely on the actual pre-order step. Took about 4 hours of trying to get the account and billing in.

Laryagar

Vanguard,Retaliator,Redeemer,Reclaimer,3 Constellations,Orion,All Auroras,All 300 Series,All Commercial Hornets, All Hulls, Star G, Endeavor Master Set
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard