Posted By: JetStar Re: Darkfall beta pre Order go go go - 02/19/09 06:42 PM
The site must be flooded cause I cant get it to refresh :-(
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Darkfall beta pre Order go go go - 02/19/09 06:50 PM
Yeah me as well.

Pre-order site = half fail, right now.
Posted By: Casualty Re: Darkfall beta pre Order go go go - 02/19/09 07:21 PM
Same, mashing F5 with reckless abandon.
Posted By: Rallic Re: Darkfall beta pre Order go go go - 02/19/09 08:06 PM
the link is still up and working jsut flooded, im not the only link leaker.. im at the buy but cant get next page to load. use the open in new tab or window so you dont have to keep trying from the start

iv hit conferm 8 times now to have it time out
not sure if ov got 8 accounts or none atm

this was posted ontop of the rest

Tasos
Darkfall Developer
Beta tester

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Pre-Order structure is being hammered beyond any possible expectation. There's an impossible number of connections per second even now. We are seeing 20 times the traffic estimated. Our web servers are able to handle quite a bit of load, even so, they are currently taxed to their limits. This wasn't anything we could have reasonably anticipated.

We're looking into the reported UK error and we'll open up again.

We'll extend your lead time but I don't know how helpful that's going to be with the link having leaked. We expected it to be leaked, however, we didn't expect there would be such a response in the first place.

We've already started working on upgrading web server capacity yet again to be able to handle a launch rush should it be anything like this.

We apologize but we're doing everything we can.

Post issues in here, we will try to deal with them as they appear. Please refrain from starting new threads about this and only post relevant issues.

We WILL try to accommodate the beta testers somehow, but that cannot be done tonight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Tasos; Today at 11:25 AM..

Posted By: Donkleaps Re: Darkfall beta pre Order go go go - 02/19/09 08:10 PM
they shut it down due to all the leaking
Posted By: Casualty Re: Darkfall beta pre Order go go go - 02/19/09 08:12 PM
Yeah i got as far as entering CC information then it wouldn't proceed further.
Posted By: Rallic ! - 02/19/09 08:24 PM
NO its not shut down !!!!!!!!!!!
read my post , its still UP!

its jsut very very very very flooded , im not the only link leaker, seams this link has made it to mmorpg.com and others

you all might be geting a bug if it says store closed. its a over load bug , tas said somthing about it in a post from right after this all started.

WWWWOOOOOOooooOOOOOTTTtTTTT!!!!!!!! just got my preorder confermed !

dont stop trying!!!!!!!
Posted By: Arginal Re: ! - 02/19/09 09:17 PM
I am getting through the pages very very slowly. About 5-10 mins per page. The key I have found for me was not going through a proxy, proxies will have a shorter timeout then the website so you'll get an error from your proxy server.
Posted By: Ken_Kamillion Re: ! - 02/19/09 09:24 PM
if u have to create a account might as well forget about it cant get it to work
Posted By: Arginal Re: ! - 02/19/09 09:46 PM
Another tip. If possible use Linux as your OS and firefox for your browser. Use about:config in the URL to get access to the settings and change network.http.keep-alive.timeout to some massive value. Not a guarantee fix but seems to have better results for me so far.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Darkfall beta pre Order go go go - 02/19/09 11:08 PM
I had to create an account as well.

Using the "Open webpage in another tab" in firefox I was finally able after about 2 hours to get through the entire process.

... Houston we have ignition !!

Posted By: Bardaji Re: Darkfall beta pre Order go go go - 02/20/09 02:05 AM
Heh...I'm having SB flashbacks! Same crap happened then
Posted By: Vyse Re: Darkfall beta pre Order go go go - 02/20/09 02:31 AM
7 hours of trying and still no luck - seen the captcha twice and both times it failed immediately
Posted By: Bardaji Re: Darkfall beta pre Order go go go - 02/20/09 02:34 AM
Keep it up! 3 hrs. in and I FINALLY got me pre-order through.

Your Darkfall pre-order was successful. You were charged 2.52 euro to initiate the pre-order process and this amount has gone towards your purchase of the Darkfall Client Download and a month of Darkfall play starting on February 25th.

The full cost of the Darkfall Client download and a month¢s subscription is 42 Euro. You will be charged for the remaining amount on February 25th.
You can cancel the preorder at any time before February 25th, but if you do so you will not be able to play Darkfall and you will forfeit the initial charge.

Thank you for your purchase. We hope to see you in Darkfall soon!
The Darkfall Team
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Darkfall beta pre Order go go go - 02/20/09 02:35 AM
I had multiple windows open to that page. Every single page I got to actually render the verification image was only letter's and no numbers.

The letter "O" did look like either a "Q" or a "Zero" in one window. I typed in the letters with cap locks on, and it went through fine. I don't think it is case sensitive, you just need the four or five letters.
Posted By: shatter Re: Darkfall beta pre Order go go go - 02/20/09 03:30 AM
I am stuck at entering my CC info right now. Made good time up to that point at least.
Posted By: Vyse Re: Darkfall beta pre Order go go go - 02/20/09 04:15 AM
Finally got e-mail and am at account activation now....how much more of this!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Posted By: Rallic Re: Darkfall beta pre Order go go go - 02/20/09 05:04 AM

ok so the staeps are , make a account, get email and click link, put in CC info , hit the preorder butten, hit the buy butten , add you CVV into the box and hit the last butten saying yes to there terms.

poof your done .
wait for the page to reload, give you a DL link and lets you know all is well. you will get a email on top of that.
Posted By: Thomas Re: Darkfall beta pre Order go go go - 02/20/09 07:54 AM
Finally got my account ordered... took me 9 hours!

I didn't wait for the final page to load with DL link as I got the email confirming my purchase already. So if others don't want to wait I assume everything will still work the same.
Posted By: Vyse Re: Darkfall beta pre Order go go go - 02/20/09 10:19 AM
14 hours and counting CC info saved, can't Fing get to the GD preorder screen
Posted By: Crimthan Re: Darkfall beta pre Order go go go - 02/20/09 12:53 PM
Is there a bonus if you pre order versus buying it on official release?
You're guaranteed a spot on release. Since they have limited infrastructure if too many people preorder there technically won't be any games sold on release day. Say... their servers hold 50,000 people right now. 50,000 preorder, purchases will be locked for a few days or a week or whatever while they expand to accept say, 10,000 more people.
Posted By: Vyse Re: Darkfall beta pre Order go go go - 02/20/09 01:35 PM
I know it is not THAT big of a deal to have to wait a few more weeks and it is stupid that this is consuming me but I have never been a part of a large, solid guild and have never been in a game at it's launch. This will be my last MMO so I am just dying to get in day one. Not getting the beta wasn't the end of the world but it killed me for a bit.

I want to be a part of something big and I want to show that I am a solid part of this guild. So I guess I am saying forgive my constant bitching until I get in lol.
Posted By: Morlander Re: ! - 02/20/09 03:33 PM
Hey KGB, It's Morlander's wife and former kgb member. I wanted to say that he has successfully pre-ordered DFO. Got the email confirmation. He was using GoogleChrome and said it was working well. I didnt have any luck with that one after he left for work.

Needless to say I was using Mozilla Firefox with this add on. firefox TryAgain Add on is the address for the add on I used.

If you dont get the screen with the address for downloading the torrent it can be found here Download Torrent File site for DFO available saturday feb 21

Hope this helps more KGB members get their pre-orders.

Ya may see me on his toon in the day time helping him macro or what ever. Dont be shy.. tell me hi
Posted By: Vyse Re: ! - 02/20/09 04:34 PM
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

You have successfully preordered Darkfall

I am gitty as a school girl, no more so I am gittier than santa clause at disney land, on prozac...getting laid!

That officially took just under 22 hours.

Posted By: JetStar Re: ! - 02/20/09 06:28 PM
THANKS MORLANDERS WIFE!

Dear JetStar,
Your Darkfall pre-order was successful. You were charged 2.52 euro to initiate the pre-order process and this amount has gone towards your purchase of the Darkfall Client Download and a month of Darkfall play starting on February 25th.

The full cost of the Darkfall Client download and a month�s subscription is 42 Euro. You will be charged for the remaining amount on February 25th.
You can cancel the preorder at any time before February 25th, but if you do so you will not be able to play Darkfall and you will forfeit the initial charge.

Thank you for your purchase. We hope to see you in Darkfall soon!
The Darkfall Team
Aventurine �2009 - www.darkfallonline.com
Posted By: Crimthan Re: Darkfall beta pre Order go go go - 02/21/09 02:39 AM
Quote:

You're guaranteed a spot on release. Since they have limited infrastructure if too many people preorder there technically won't be any games sold on release day. Say... their servers hold 50,000 people right now. 50,000 preorder, purchases will be locked for a few days or a week or whatever while they expand to accept say, 10,000 more people.

Ah, thanks for the info. Given that I won't even be able to access "REAL" broadband connection or a "REAL" gaming computer until after March 6th (and then it will only be for about 25 days), it wouldn't make any sense for me to preorder.
Posted By: Uber Re: Darkfall beta pre Order go go go - 02/21/09 03:04 AM
Epic fail
Posted By: Laryagar Re: Darkfall beta pre Order go go go - 02/21/09 08:27 AM
I have been refreshing for hours and no access yet.
Posted By: Seaelf Re: Darkfall beta pre Order go go go - 02/21/09 11:56 AM
hope i can get a pre-order today !!
Posted By: Rallic Re: Darkfall beta pre Order go go go - 02/21/09 03:09 PM
Yesterday, 07:08 PM
Tasos
Darkfall Developer
Beta tester

Today a substantial patch was applied to the game. We’ve also opened up the beta information forums where you can read the newly released patch notes.

These patch notes, among other things, explain the basics of the conquest system. We’ve been working hard on the game as you can see by the volume of this update, we’ve already spoken of our commitment to supporting the game and that’s what we’ll continue doing. Things are looking good for launch; the game has been very stable, even though server and client are still in debug mode.

We feel we should explain what’s happening with the pre-ordering even though it hasn’t been officially opened yet: Yesterday we gave the beta testers some lead time to the pre-order. This was offered not only as a courtesy but also in order to get reports on any problems before releasing to the public. Since the pre-order link leaked out, our system has been overrun by players from all over the world trying to pre-order at the same time.

Even though areas like Asia are excluded from this release, they remain major contributors to the heavy server load. This load is many times above our highest estimate and as a result the system has been very slow. We’ve been correcting the few issues that have surfaced while in the process of increasing our web server capacity-yet again.

We apologize for these problems, we have people working on this around the clock and should have it fixed by tomorrow. We're disabling the pre-orders until then. Even though many persistent people have managed to pre-order successfully, it's just not a good user experience. We’ll post the pre-order information and resume taking pre-orders as soon as we're back up tomorrow.

Clarification: I just noticed it's after 5 am here. By tomorrow I guess I mean later today Saturday, Feb 21.
Posted By: Bardaji Re: Darkfall beta pre Order go go go - 02/21/09 03:17 PM
Lols....the gold sellers have to get their account too, don't they? This will be fun...trying to compete with gold sellers for in-game resources.

I noticed in AoC they changed tactics and had farmers roving with fairly skilled PKs. Wonder how/if that'll stand in DFO. M'thinks I'm going to focus on farming the farmers!

Quote:

Even though areas like Asia are excluded from this release, they remain major contributors to the heavy server load. This load is many times above our highest estimate and as a result the system has been very slow.

Posted By: Rallic Re: Darkfall beta pre Order go go go - 02/21/09 03:20 PM
hahaha aye that what i did/do in shadowbane. i have to thank stubs for showing me how much gold you can make from farming CN.

oo and ill try to keep poping the info up as i find it.
but over all it looks like preorder will open agin today
Posted By: Crimthan Re: Darkfall beta pre Order go go go - 02/21/09 04:09 PM
Quote:

Lols....the gold sellers have to get their account too, don't they? This will be fun...trying to compete with gold sellers for in-game resources.

I noticed in AoC they changed tactics and had farmers roving with fairly skilled PKs. Wonder how/if that'll stand in DFO. M'thinks I'm going to focus on farming the farmers!

Quote:

Even though areas like Asia are excluded from this release, they remain major contributors to the heavy server load. This load is many times above our highest estimate and as a result the system has been very slow.

"Hey Crim, how many resources did you collect today?"

Well, I killed and looted 4 Korean farmers, 3 Chinese farmers, but I killed and looted 6 farmers from CQ!
Posted By: Laryagar Re: Darkfall beta pre Order go go go - 02/21/09 07:05 PM
Ok, I got in today and was able to make an account, so far spent about 2 hours and 5 tries later to enter in payment information, have not reached the point of actual ordering...but at least I am getting in. I am receiving 500 errors when entering data, probably due to overloading by all the people signing up.
Posted By: Laryagar Re: Darkfall beta pre Order go go go - 02/22/09 02:32 AM
This was posted at 3PM Sunday on the Darkfall forums.

It was just confirmed to us that a large network provider in the US is facing a serious network issue and this is affecting an account management service we're using. As a result account creation and pre-ordering are timing out.

We finished with the upgrades to our webservers 5 hours ago and we've been handling the load with no problems, but there are problems communicating with our account management service due to the ISP issues mentioned above. We left the service running for them to be able to troubleshoot the problem. A small percentage of the requests are getting through but most are timing out. Now that the issue has been pinpointed we will turn preorders off but we'll stay at work until it's fixed or until we have some kind of ETA to report. We're assured there's a top priority on this.

Again, we apologize for the delay and for any frustration that this may be causing. We'll let you know immediately when we know something. As far as the client and installer download which should have been up today, we need to hold off until the pre-orders are up or until we have an ETA.

I have been having problems all day...was able to create my account and billing information but have been timing out completely on the actual pre-order step. Took about 4 hours of trying to get the account and billing in.

Laryagar
© The KGB Oracle