KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 71 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,035,847 Trump card
1,342,423 Picture Thread
480,663 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Vyse Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
I will be calling in sick that day...I already feel a damn scratch in my throat

T
Band 4
Band 4
T
I hate to say it since I'm more of an anarchist--however, I think a flat amount of dues should be levied across the board. With that said; Lord help anyone that abuses the pot of money.. so I would actually suggest we have a treasurer who will provide accounting for us about what is being done with the dues and what dues have been collected. I've been a part of a guild (CoS) that abused such a system, the use of a treasurer should suffice to alieviate any concern of abuse of trust.

The treasurer could give us updates during meetings, that I feel should be held regularly, even if it is just for the treasurer to update everyone. This is how real clubs do it, this is how we should do it if we want to succeed with awesome turnout and participation.

Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

I always favored the "send a group out to farm" method myself. Cuts down on all the paperwork of trying to track fee aquisition from the entire guild.

Much more practical to interface with group leaders than collect from individuals.. KGB has never had much luck doing it that way. It might work for others, but typically doesnt for us.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
The problem I noticed in AOC with "sending a group out to farm" was that over a handful of guild members with some time on their hands thought they were "too cool" to help the guild out by collecting resources. Some people really had only an hour or two a night, but it was the others with 3-4 hours a night and a ton of time on the weekend that didn't show up for the guild. They'd go do their own thing, hang out with themselves or their clique, and not spend even 10% of their time to donate. That goes for everyone from Regular Knights to Royal leaders to Military Leaders to the Paladins. Leadership by example is key for any organization to succeed. When some people think they're beyond that, that's when the machine breaks down, factions are formed, and loyalty disperses to the winds.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Band 7
Band 7
given that harvesting is more or less required by game design in order to raise base player stats, I dont see this becoming a huge issue.

In the past, leadership has made regular oracle posts updating membershipon current stockholds, whats lacking in order to accomplish X goals, and top contributors of the week/month etc.

Former KGB Member
Vyse Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
"The problem I noticed in AOC with "sending a group out to farm" was that over a handful of guild members with some time on their hands thought they were "too cool" to help the guild out by collecting resources. Some people really had only an hour or two a night, but it was the others with 3-4 hours a night and a ton of time on the weekend that didn't show up for the guild. They'd go do their own thing, hang out with themselves or their clique, and not spend even 10% of their time to donate. That goes for everyone from Regular Knights to Royal leaders to Military Leaders to the Paladins. Leadership by example is key for any organization to succeed. When some people think they're beyond that, that's when the machine breaks down, factions are formed, and loyalty disperses to the winds."

Why join a guild if you do not have the greater good of the guild in mind? That would just piss me off to no end if 10% of the people are doing all the work. Maybe we should have a Hamlet for those who contribute less and a fortress for the main contributors - I see myself doing nothing but contributing to the guilds goals 100% until we are comfortably established as one of the servers top guilds.

Hopefully during our meeting this week we will figure out a way to motivate those who think they are better off not contributing? Again why would you even bother joining a guild if you do not have the greater good of the guild in the forefront of your mind?

ugh....

Last edited by Vyse; 02/18/09 10:58 AM.
T
Band 4
Band 4
T
Quote:

given that harvesting is more or less required by game design in order to raise base player stats, I dont see this becoming a huge issue.

In the past, leadership has made regular oracle posts updating membershipon current stockholds, whats lacking in order to accomplish X goals, and top contributors of the week/month etc.

Yes, it's a good foundation to start on. But don't you think there should be a minimum requirement to contribute? It sounds bad, but leaving it unspokern, the minimum requirement is nothing. People will farm naturally. What they do with the proceeds will vary. Hate to say it, but it's true.

Band 7
Band 7
I think it's been brought up enough in this thread to warrant leadership discussion on the topic.

We'll let you know what is decided.

Former KGB Member
Vyse Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Thanks - I am 100% in favor of holding each member accountable at least initially. We should hold ourselves accountable but if that can't happen or has a history of not happening then a little hand holding may be necessary.

Thanks for looking into something. Keep in mind whatever is decided should not take away to much time from our leadership. But even signing some kind of contract or mission statement (I know that is lame but you get where I am going) could be enough to get people all on the same page.

I know it is cliche but there is no I in team and this is a team game. I want to be on the same page as everyone and kick some serious ass.

Something like this:
I pledge allegiance to the rag of the united KGB association
and to the beer for which we drink, one nation under Jet, with looting and ganking for all. K G Beeeeeeee!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard