KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 56 guests, and 25 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Binbs
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,030,429 Trump card
1,340,267 Picture Thread
478,689 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#38254 02/17/09 07:04 AM
Vyse Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Correct me if I am wrong...

Building blocks are 250g and 50 stone/50 boards each.

Clan Bank
10 Building Blocks (2.500g, 500 Stone, 500 Boards)

Work Bench (for construction/carpentry/tailoring)
10 Building Blocks (2.500g, 500 Stone, 500 Boards))

Clan General Store
10 Building Modules (2.500g, 500 Stone, 500 Boards)

Placing a bank allows the following to be built.
House x3 (each house adds +10 people that can bind in a city, starts at 20 souls.)
10 Building Blocks (2.500g, 500 Stone, 500 Boards)

Keep
50 Building Blocks (125.000g, 2500 Stone, 2500 Boards)

There are also civic buildings like docks, smithy, alchemist shop, walls etc but I am not sure the requirements for these.

If this is accurate, it will take a hell of a long time to get a city going. All of you in beta know that, I know just hear me out.

Most people will know this going in so what are people going to do? Oh there is a dude harvesting stone lets kill him and that is a quick 20-50 stone. This will be the norm around the starter cities etc.

For those in beta now. Are you scouting areas a solid distance from the city that we can safely gather resources and not have to worry (as much) about the nuisance of getting PKd every time we harvest an hours worth? Also have we thought of a strategy here?

20 people are in. 5 harvesting stone, 5 harvesting wood, 2 harvesting food, 8 PvE/PvP for gold etc.? 1-2 possibly being runners for those harvesting so that the harvesters don’t have to waste time running back and forth?

I just think it will be pointless to seriously try to gather around the city – if anything you will have people wondering what it is like to hit someone so they will look for the easy targets.

Ideal resource gathering area would likely be a wilderness bank with stone/wood/ enemies around it so we can stick in a group in case people decide to go after our resources.

Sorry for being so long winded. I am just trying to get an idea for launch – I know we will be having a pre-launch meeting but this should help at least get people thinking of different strategies for right out of the gate.

Thoughts? Comments?

Vyse Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Oh to add a note to this it is also my understanding that 5 logs = 2 boards/wood so that means..... a lot of extra grinding.

If my math is correct though I can see 1 person getting 500 stone and 500 boards in less than 4-5 hours.

Can anyone confirm how long the timer is from one chop to the next. And of course that is assuming no fails which there will be. But 10 of us within 24 hours could grind out enough for several pieces of a city.

If everyone puts forth a solid effort to grind at first I can see us having cities up faster than people are talking about.

Last edited by Vyse; 02/17/09 11:57 AM.
Band 5
Band 5
As mentioned, some are basing release efforts off of current participation in city building. In beta, resource gathering hasn't been a requirement nor a focus for some (me).

In release, this will not be the case. Everyone will be committed to building and securing KGB's place in the world. So..yes, I agree that the construct will go faster than some anticipate.

Missing in Action - October 2021
10 seconds per chop. 30% Fail rate. The biggest issue for us has been the gold. In Minotaur (high level spawns) groups we make about 1k/hr I think it is. The other day though, in a few hours (maybe 4) of doing noob quests solo I made around 600 gold. So it'll probably be a better idea for the guild to spend the first 2 or 3 days doing all the noob quests in the starter zones (3 starter zones, can do the whole chain over for each zone) so everyone in the guild makes about 1800 gold in the first 2 days. Keep 900 for skills, give 900 to the guild bank. Then we spend a few days harvesting stone and lumber.

If we have say...
20 members, that'd be 18000 gold for the guild bank after lets say, 3 days, 4 hours of gaming each day. Whereas doing Minotaurs (which we can't really do right off the bat) then it'd be 12000 gold, and significantly more boring. On top of that, noob quests give you nice gear, and the opportunity to PvP for other players' gold/items.

Then if we run slinger's macros for harvesting, let's say you sleep 6 hours... we'd make 12960 net resources a night (i.e. 6480 timber, 6480 stone if we have 10 people doing trees, 10 doing stone.)

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Agreed : noob quest FTW. More exactly, the kobold part which is repeatable and would give us a lot of money.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Hopefully we will have enough people come the first week of launch to group up, divide, and conquer. With enough people we can grind the starter quests in groups, while we are as well harvesting stone, iron, and wood. All the while everyone is working skills up, period.

So that as quickly as possible we can establish ourselves and get the minimum required city buildings up to be a functional base of operations. All the while grinding away at magic, skill mastery, harvesting, and mob farming as we build the city and our skills to grand mastery.

With a solid 20 or so people on from launch, and getting 300 hours or so a week of playtime we should be able to establish ourselves quickly and move on to the next phase.

Last edited by Tasorin; 02/17/09 02:16 PM.
Vyse Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Is there a delay on deleteing/recreating your toon?

Technically we wouldn't have to run to all towns if there is no delay. We could roll one - do newb quests get gold, bank in guild bank - delete char, create char

rinse, wash, repeat.

But then you're back at 0 skills. I rather keep the char. The point is to make gold while leveling your char so it's worth a damn.

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Kobold and hivekin quests : repeatable and give a good stock of gold and loot.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Paladin
KGB Paladin
there are plenty of places to gather resources safely. I wouldn't worry Vyse the only thing we have to do is get everyone on day one to go out and start farming.

Most have agreed this is going to happen already and the plus side is gathering skills really boost your stats. There are many of us who are going to do gathering first week purely and worry about pvp later once our stats are super high.

Leader: KGB Korea
Paladin of the Knights of Glory and Beer!
Former KGB RIFT BC Faction
Former Supreme Court Justice
Former Provost Marshal
Former GSS Agent
Former Knight Captain
Former Champion
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard