KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 71 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,035,847 Trump card
1,342,423 Picture Thread
480,663 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Solarrin #37932 02/11/09 02:46 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Maybe , maybe not. Honestly, everyone is going to do it regardless of the devs wishes. Unless they actually ban everyone who does it.. but I doubt that, because they probably wouldnt have many players left.

I have yet to talk with a single guild who is not supporting macroing at least in private.

If the devs make the catastrophic mistake of banning macroing, and not banning everyone who macroes - then your going to have a huge disparity in power between those who macro and those who dont.

Banning macroing in a game like this does not fix the game,
it creates an artificially uneven playing field between those who macro anyway and those who play to the devs wishes.

Derid #37933 02/12/09 09:14 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Macro-running folks are one of the reasons I'm playing less
and less online games these days. I can type damn fast.
130+ wpm once I get warmed up.

Even WITH that going for me, I cannot stand up to someone who has
a script / macro running spell or melee combos.
Just not going to happen.

I refuse to semi-automate anything in an attempt to keep
up with the rest of those who cannot seem to play without
resorting to it.

It's like playing Counter-Strike against someone who is
running an aim-bot. Pointless. :|

Daye #37934 02/12/09 10:11 PM
Missing in Action - October 2021
Missing in Action - October 2021
I think we're referring to different things, Daye. I mean a leveling bot to use spells and train them while afk. You mean combat scripts a la WoW.

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Yeah, thats very different from what we are referring to Daye.

130wpm 4tw though, must be an old skool text gamer =)

Derid #37936 02/13/09 02:50 PM
Band 1
Band 1
Well Derid if you mean just to shorten keystrokes and/or have shortcuts for msgs/emotes etc then that's fine but if you think most games out there have people using afk level macroing I disagree. Heck, even old Asheron's Call got rid of them eventually... yes they have afk bots for selling/buffing but not to level their chars. You get found out doing that and I can't think of a single game (that I know of anyway) that won't ban you faster than you can say "Macro"... hehe. (as well it should be)

I know it's ongoing battle and probably always will be but any kind of afk leveling of chars will always be bannable. Can't see it any other way... now crafting is a bit different as most games you can set things up ahead of time to craft several items before having to reset it again... some games are easy to do that (WoW, Lotro for example) while I remember the old DAoC you actually had to click one time... wait then click again. When I did DAoC with KGB I watched a bunch of TV while I crafted... lol.

Solarrin #37937 02/13/09 06:01 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

AC eventually got rid of it? Had nto heard, not that I doubt you.

What I do know... is lots of people who got insane advantage in AC macroing their characters, we are talking massive level differences.. and even some who made boatloads of RL $$ (tens of thousands) macroing and selling
characters and such.

Facing off against a bunch of lvl 110+ on my hand levelled lvl 60 (or game equivelant in skills) is not something I am particularly eager to repeat.

Vyse #37938 02/14/09 01:27 AM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
You could AFK macro in SWG.

Even after they put in the auto afk and the forced logout. All you had to do was put in a step function in your loop and you were golden.

You could turn yourself into a more efficient Medium Harvester by AFK harvesting. VPN was a little dicier deal at that point, but now a days, hell porting to a BB or an I-clone is a reality.

The question for me is what is the official word going to be from AV come launch about unattended macroing.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Tasorin #37939 02/14/09 01:34 AM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Remote character/macro interface for BB is actually my next project ^_^

In fact on "3g" type speeds, it should be pretty doable to stream screen caps even, make positioning at your rock even easier.

Derid #37940 02/14/09 01:41 PM
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
I have a VPN client for my iPhone which works best under wi-fi but isn't horrible via 3g. Would be interesting to try it out and see what happens, might be hell dealing with the screen updating.

Former KGB Member
shatter #37941 02/15/09 08:50 AM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Luckily in the main factory, since it's the largest single site building in the world, they have a metric fuc-ton of repeaters everyplace. Plus, every office complex is Wi-Fi and has 1gb service.

My BB - Worldwide uses multi-band technology to increase the strength of the signal. I get usually four or five out of five bars at my desk and I am on full Sat transmission.

When I do use it to VPN to my machine at home, usually to check on torrents, I get very little latency, if any at all. But for a MMO, with a server in Europe, it could be very interesting.

Last edited by Tasorin; 02/15/09 08:51 AM.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard