KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 71 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,035,847 Trump card
1,342,423 Picture Thread
480,663 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Sweet, and keep in line with past KGB lore...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Past lore is of 0 concern to me though. Besides, UO only HAD once race.

Missing in Action - October 2021
Have we scouted out the other 3 large islands? Why specifically did we choose this one, and moreso, so far to the edge of the map? Is it for safety from attacks? Because it'd be far more convenient for travel purposes to be near the grey orc spawn (very top of the island.) And for aesthetic purposes, it might be nicer to have our town in a lush jungle or grassy plains, or maybe even the snow (see the other islands on a map) than in the barren wastelands that are Cairn.

Really though, both of those things are trivial in comparison to the safety of our city, so I understand if the decision was made because of that. And if the issue is getting to the town quickly... I think it was already discussed that at release the best thing to do will be only send the guild crafters to the stone (so it'll be a slightly longer afk run/swim for them) while everyone else quests to build up gold.

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]
Oh also, does each stone only have one kind of "benefit" (e.g. Mine, Harbor, etc.) to it? If so, yeah, getting a mine is probably the most convenient for building a city, but a harbor would probably be a seconf priority, especially since we live on an island. Does our current stone have a stone capable of hosting a harbor nearby? Should we maybe start up an alt guild like CKGB or something to hold a harbor until we can actually build our second town?

As of the latest patch, if we ally the two guilds we can communicate through the alliance using /calliance. This means we can treat calliance chat (not to be confused with alliance chat, which would be Human Dwarf Elf chat, or Mahirim Orc chat) as our guild chat... at least while it's still just CKGB and KGB.

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

As for starting island - two reasons.

One being, UDA was interested in alfar and suggested it, the other being I know of at least one other island that will be super contested.

Finally, we had to pick one to start, so we did. We found what we needed in regards to good city spots.

However, that does not totally discluse the others, I would be interested to check out the SW island especially TBH.

Harbors seem kinda rare at the moment.. and honestly, other than fast travelling up and down a coastline there is no real reason to use ships, other than as seige weapons against people unwise enough to build towns on the water.

You can also use a friendly/allied hamlet to construct a ship, once its constructed.. unfortunatly it just sits in your pack and you can spawn it anywhere apparently.. so taking , holding and building up facilities for shipmaking off the bat is probably a nonstarter.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
I read some posts on beta leakers forum that stated some business about the dwarven race being a plus because they are all small and thus harder to hit in hand 2 hand and ranged attacks. I don't know if this will somehow get addressed in the game later on but I wonder if it is worth making full use of all advantages presented and roll dwarven. Has anyone scouted the dwarven areas for suitable cities? I got the impression that most exploration has been limited to the human/alfar regions.

Former KGB Member
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
alfar are harder to hit than dwarves. dwarves are wide and short.

alfar are the same height as dwarves but half the width.

T
Band 4
Band 4
T
Quote:

Based on screenshot leaks I've observed, I would have to strongly disagree with you on that one.

Quote:

One being, UDA was interested in alfar and suggested it, the other being I know of at least one other island that will be super contested.

I've spoken with UDA's leader in vent on occassion, the guy with the accent, says 'grown ass man' and all that. I'm not comfortable with following UDA's lead at all. From what I've heard the guy say personally, he is a self confessed user of people. Hopefully you've taken steps to ensure we get something out of this cozy set up with them. I remain unimpressed with the way he describes running his own guild and how he treats his own members.

So, I would suggest we not only keep them at arm's length, but maybe try to take the lead ourselves in our plans. Just my opinion on UDA.

Last edited by Tuskil; 02/11/09 09:36 AM.
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Quote:

Quote:

Based on screenshot leaks I've observed, I would have to strongly disagree with you on that one.

Quote:

I've spoken with UDA's leader in vent on occassion, the guy with the accent, says 'grown ass man' and all that. I'm not comfortable with following UDA's lead at all. From what I've heard the guy say personally, he is a self confessed user of people. Hopefully you've taken steps to ensure we get something out of this cozy set up with them. I remain unimpressed with the way he describes running his own guild and how he treats his own members.

So, I would suggest we not only keep them at arm's length, but maybe try to take the lead ourselves in our plans. Just my opinion on UDA.

I was curious of this myself...

UDA focusing on Alfar makes sense, and I understand the point of doing this for beta. However, for release, it would be beneficial for UDA to stay Alfar while KGB takes up a more versatile faction: Humans/Elves/Dwarves so that you can get all the good stat bases across the spectrum for various skills/weapons plus whatever benefits the Alfar get by allying with UDA. You can have your cake and eat it, too.

[Linked Image]

Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

I took their suggestion on map area, simply because it looked interesting enough and we had to pick one area to initially focus on.

Cozy setup with UDA, is just whether or not you like them, they are friends with a decent amount of KGB so we are officially friends on a guild level. Outside of that, they dont owe us anything and we dont owe them anything.

Its a very simple arrangement.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard