KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 52 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Shock
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,033,027 Trump card
1,341,974 Picture Thread
479,774 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
So if you start on the Euro server what happens when the open the NA servers? Character transfer... start over... Will you be able to use the Euro download on an NA server or will it be a different license issue which would mean another game purchase??

Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Noone knows, I honestly doubt even the devs know yet. A lot will probably depend on what publisher, if any, they go with for NA launch. They are apparently still looking for one.

If they self-publish, you will probably be able to use same account and not re-buy the game.

If NA gets a seperate publisher, like Atari for example - you will probably have to use a new account. However, that doesnt mean that it will have a fee per-se, and will probably not be a 50$ box like AoC if that happens, but be available cheap as a digital DL...

This is all total conjecture, but still a likely scenario.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Im preparing to start over on NA launch~

Band 5
Band 5
I wonder how committed they are to a NA server? Does Eve Online have NA servers? That's the group I hope the DFO devs are trying to model off of. DFO will never be a major mainstream success but it could capture a niche like Eve did....that being the sandbox PvP crowd.

If ping is fair, I don't really care about playing Euro..just means activity *all* the time.

Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

I kinda thought the same thing... if ping is not a factor maybe Euro will end up being perma home. EvE only has one server, and therefore the community is unified and theres always lots going on, any time of day.

Band 7
Band 7
No kidding...and it would be PERMA peak time.

Former KGB Member
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Playing WH from ozzie land to servers I felt no noticeable difference. My ping was about 200-300ms on average and I don't think it would have made a fart of difference if I had 50ms ping. Just my feeling on it.

What makes a man turn neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?
B
Band 1
OP Offline
Band 1
B
Ping will be anywhere from 120-220. Hopefully. So it's definitely doable. All the video of gameplay I have seen looks like ping times should not make or break the PvP. The gameplay looks fast, but not that "fast".

I have read they are going to let character xfers from the EURO servers to the US servers if and when US servers come out. But that is all just reading/browsing the Darkfall forums.

I think that is a bad scenario because then you will have 'dead' EURO servers. Not fair to the players left on those servers that want to stay etc.

My guess is we will all have to reroll. That is the fairest thing to do. And I am definitely OK with that. Not a big deal at all if it's a fun/great game to play.

Heck our first attempt at character rolling is going to be butchered all to hell anyway....I remember my first UO toon...haha so gimp. Had like 60 points in cooking and camping I had no clue what I was doing...lol

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Do you bake cookies over a campfire in RL?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard