The KGB Oracle
Posted By: BigCountry Darkfall Jan 22, Call To Arms! - 12/31/08 03:04 PM
Ok,

Darkfall is releasing Jan 22 in EURO.

Aventurine is currently shopping for a US publisher, so atm there is no news on a US release date.

However, people in the US will still be allowed to play the game at launch. They are allowing a purchase and sub on the 22nd via direct download.

I am creating this thread so we can start to coordinate which EURO to play on. I will assume there will be a EURO server deemed "US guilds and players". So if and when that happens, I will keep everyone posted.

Let's look at the EURO launch as a way to learn the game (Shadowbane beta sorts speak), and of course kill and torture each other..
B)

-BigCountry
Head Hunters
http://www.wefarmpeople.com
Posted By: Bardaji Re: Darkfall Jan 22, Call To Arms! - 01/01/09 03:03 AM
We'll be there for Euro release and hopefully long after! You think you'll be able to convince HH to leave the WoW raids behind BC??
Posted By: Syloc Re: Darkfall Jan 22, Call To Arms! - 01/01/09 08:39 AM
No way, Head Hunters! I remember baning you guys! (<-Widowmakers) hehe Wud up!
Posted By: Elph Re: Darkfall Jan 22, Call To Arms! - 01/01/09 04:01 PM
LOL I am sure that Derid along with his officer crew, will evaluate on what server is best for KGB.
Posted By: Derid Re: Darkfall Jan 22, Call To Arms! - 01/01/09 05:57 PM

Yeah feel free to send me a heads up though BC, on this thread or drop me a PM. I am thinking we will probably follow the NA crowd.
Posted By: BigCountry Re: Darkfall Jan 22, Call To Arms! - 01/02/09 01:53 PM
Will do.

I have posted on PRX/CQ and UDL's boards as well.
Posted By: BigCountry Re: Darkfall Jan 22, Call To Arms! - 01/02/09 08:30 PM
UDL keeps deleting my post. lol

Must be a new guild or something. Not the UDL I remember...
Posted By: Derid Re: Darkfall Jan 22, Call To Arms! - 01/02/09 08:40 PM

UDL were always semi retarded anyhow TBFH
Posted By: Tonto_KGB Re: Darkfall Jan 22, Call To Arms! - 01/04/09 06:38 PM
I might have to wait till the NA version ships. Got a $100 best buy gift card that I have been saving for Darkfall.

I'll be in game for sure when the NA servers are officaily opened, possibly before then.
Posted By: Dunlop_Phaete Re: Darkfall Jan 22, Call To Arms! - 01/04/09 09:15 PM
I'm not sure they'll have a box copy in the US even after the NA servers are opened Tonto. If that's the case, you're gift card will be useless as far as DFO is concerned...kinda sucks in that regard.

Unless....you go buy a pretty new G15 or something.
Posted By: 5050 Re: Darkfall Jan 22, Call To Arms! - 01/05/09 09:33 PM
So if you start on the Euro server what happens when the open the NA servers? Character transfer... start over... Will you be able to use the Euro download on an NA server or will it be a different license issue which would mean another game purchase??
Posted By: Derid Re: Darkfall Jan 22, Call To Arms! - 01/05/09 09:50 PM

Noone knows, I honestly doubt even the devs know yet. A lot will probably depend on what publisher, if any, they go with for NA launch. They are apparently still looking for one.

If they self-publish, you will probably be able to use same account and not re-buy the game.

If NA gets a seperate publisher, like Atari for example - you will probably have to use a new account. However, that doesnt mean that it will have a fee per-se, and will probably not be a 50$ box like AoC if that happens, but be available cheap as a digital DL...

This is all total conjecture, but still a likely scenario.
Posted By: Falx Re: Darkfall Jan 22, Call To Arms! - 01/05/09 11:19 PM
Im preparing to start over on NA launch~
Posted By: Bardaji Re: Darkfall Jan 22, Call To Arms! - 01/06/09 01:20 AM
I wonder how committed they are to a NA server? Does Eve Online have NA servers? That's the group I hope the DFO devs are trying to model off of. DFO will never be a major mainstream success but it could capture a niche like Eve did....that being the sandbox PvP crowd.

If ping is fair, I don't really care about playing Euro..just means activity *all* the time.
Posted By: Derid Re: Darkfall Jan 22, Call To Arms! - 01/06/09 01:46 AM

I kinda thought the same thing... if ping is not a factor maybe Euro will end up being perma home. EvE only has one server, and therefore the community is unified and theres always lots going on, any time of day.
Posted By: Dunlop_Phaete Re: Darkfall Jan 22, Call To Arms! - 01/06/09 03:30 AM
No kidding...and it would be PERMA peak time.
Posted By: Arginal Re: Darkfall Jan 22, Call To Arms! - 01/06/09 04:17 AM
Playing WH from ozzie land to servers I felt no noticeable difference. My ping was about 200-300ms on average and I don't think it would have made a fart of difference if I had 50ms ping. Just my feeling on it.
Posted By: BigCountry Re: Darkfall Jan 22, Call To Arms! - 01/06/09 02:34 PM
Ping will be anywhere from 120-220. Hopefully. So it's definitely doable. All the video of gameplay I have seen looks like ping times should not make or break the PvP. The gameplay looks fast, but not that "fast".

I have read they are going to let character xfers from the EURO servers to the US servers if and when US servers come out. But that is all just reading/browsing the Darkfall forums.

I think that is a bad scenario because then you will have 'dead' EURO servers. Not fair to the players left on those servers that want to stay etc.

My guess is we will all have to reroll. That is the fairest thing to do. And I am definitely OK with that. Not a big deal at all if it's a fun/great game to play.

Heck our first attempt at character rolling is going to be butchered all to hell anyway....I remember my first UO toon...haha so gimp. Had like 60 points in cooking and camping I had no clue what I was doing...lol
Posted By: Seaelf Re: Darkfall Jan 22, Call To Arms! - 01/07/09 12:06 PM
Do you bake cookies over a campfire in RL?
© The KGB Oracle