KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 71 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Binbs
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,030,539 Trump card
1,340,290 Picture Thread
478,700 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#25468 02/13/08 08:33 AM
E
Elph Offline OP
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
OP Offline
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
Ok I need to write a 2-3 page essay the subject is pretty simple but i am having a hard time starting it off. Lisa is gonna be my editor and I know i can easily finish it once I get started but I am having a stump of sorts.

Here is what I am suppose to do
This assignment is designed to assess your writing skills. You are asked to write freely on the regarding your decision to attend college (see prompt below) and to proofread and revise at least once prior to submitting the final writing project to your instructor.

And just some extra stuff he put in to help it
You are beginning a new experience by attending APUS. Take some time to reflect on your decision to embark on this journey. Think about the reasons behind your decision to be a learner at this time. People are motivated to attend college for various reasons. It may be to increase their knowledge, to learn a new skill, to prepare for a career, to make friends, etc. Why are you attending college? What do you hope to gain from the experience? What qualities or skills do you have that make you suited for studying in a technological age? What will you do that will make you successful at this? What things do you feel will be a challenge to you and how will you overcome them? Cite examples and provide reasons and support for your answers.

I know why I am going back but i don't want to start off the essay with I decided to go back to college.. I just get a feeling that the teacher doesn't want tha

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Perhaps you could start out by stating what you hope to accomplish at this stage of your life. What are your goals and ambitions. Once you establish that, you could make a connection with accomplishing those goals by going back to college to continue your education.

Note I said "continue" your education, not "finish" your education. I've been continuing my education, in one way or another for about 50 years now.

There's always something new to learn.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
We'll since it’s the first essay for this new teacher. You want to go all out but not all out. Go far, but not too far, far enough to impress but not enough to reveal all your writing techniques. The icing of the cake if you will. I would have to say though that the prompt is kinda of hard, from reading it doesn't really fire up the spirit like say a topic on the social constraints of being honest for example would. That is of course and unless your horribly excited and geared up to return to school. Some things you should probably note are; if whether or not your teacher is an opened minded teacher. If say your professor was someone that followed the books by the dot, then you would probably have a hard time explaining depthtual metaphors and cognitive implicity, and you would have an easier time writing something solid and concrete with an underlinement of simplicity where the thoughts require no sub junctions. Unfortunately as a writer you’re forced to write your pieces in ways that is most acceptable or rather in a way that most correlates with the audience in question.

But anyway, some ideas could go like...

If this was a creative writing course:

Dread spreads throughout a chill-winded spinal cord in small thickets as the thoughts of returning to school seems to plague my imagination. Images of hell-bent demons scratching away at my poor sober soul flash through my mind as I walk day in and day out of my car and go to class. Yet I stand before you confronted by these demons all the while proud and with a resolution to shake the earth. My family, and friends compel me to move forward and that is enough to give me strength. I do it because I love them, there exists a bond stronger then fate and more resounding then anger between us; they are my reasons.

(in a creative writing class, the most important thing would probably be the image, sounds, emotion that putraits from the piece more then the actual structure, in the above even though it lacks in common structure and seems like the writing is everywhere, if you can give him an image and some 3rd or 4th senses he would probably give you an A. However because of the implicit ventilation from the piece that doesn't necessarily hit the reader in the face, it might be overlooked too easily and thereby missing the clinch point of the entire piece.)

If it was an English Major Course;

In any socially conformed and contemporary lifestyle, knowledge has always been the most confounded foundation that would otherwise impair those that which could pose great change in the lives of those around them. My goal is to improve all aspects of my perspective of life. At work, at home, even the intricate workings of my own mind can fundamentally change and affect my growth. I was motivated to return to school at a great point in my life, a foreground to the demise of my previous self; and a new page in my book.

(This would probably be the safest route, something solid and straight and simple. Yet at the same time you can see the layered double metaphor, it isn't as obvious and let's you test the waters a bit and what kind of a reader your instructor might be. Only problem with this is that it leads to easily to stating your point twice and only skims the surface of addressing the topic and they might not like that unless in your next few paragraphs you go very detailed and write personal experiences up a bit)

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I would just got for something that makes it seem like it is empowering you, most English profs are hardcore fembots... and that is advice coming from my girlfriend so dont get angry at me

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
LOL, word.

E
Elph Offline OP
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
OP Offline
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
well this isn't for an English Class it's for a Fundamental Online learning class.

Thanks for all the advice I finished up my essay tonight

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]

Link Copied to Clipboard