KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 45 guests, and 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,037,492 Trump card
1,342,623 Picture Thread
481,244 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Raekwon Offline OP
KGB Arch Duke
OP Offline
KGB Arch Duke
OOoOOoO oo OOOooooO my pants are a mess. Chaulootz grab a beach towel, I need to clean up....

http://df.warcry.com/scripts/news/view_news.phtml?site=7&id=69008

Quote:

Mirco was happy to point out that he has made sure that the standard tanking-training and agro management tactics used in most MMOs won’t be effective in Darkfall.
(Hurrah! No WOW style mob fights)

The MOB will even remember you. Monster species will remember players who have attacked them and increase their aggression level against them even if their race isn't a prime target for the particular monster. For example, some goblins won’t attack orks, but they will add specific orks to their kill-on-sight lists and remember them for a while.
(not exactly ground breaking, DAOC and WOW had mob alignment that you could gain or lose but it's nice to see that they mentioned "for a while" meaning if you become their enemy it's not permanent.

Seriously though, when I hear them talking about the great amount of detail they put into DF it helps to remind me that they're taking so long to release the game not because it's vaporware but because it just has so many of the features we always expected in MMO's. And i'm not just talking about the above mentioned MOB AI, but referring to all the features they've mentioned. They really do seem to be creating a UO/SB hybrid -done right-.

"It's not enough to win... others have to lose."
-Stephen Colbert 'Colbert Report'
Hall of Fame record
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Nice...... Mob's calling for help ... sweet

Missing in Action - October 2021
Just couldnt decided which design you would want so I ordered all 3. Whats the address I mail it to so you get it over in the sandtrap you got your golfballs stuck in?

Its like a school bus of nuns hitting a shit wagon and bursting into flames. You just can't look away... -Tasorin
Raekwon Offline OP
KGB Arch Duke
OP Offline
KGB Arch Duke
The dolphine one obviously... they're the only other animal said to have sex for pleasure! And boy do I love'em for it.

"It's not enough to win... others have to lose."
-Stephen Colbert 'Colbert Report'
Hall of Fame record
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Actually, one other animal does:

The Bonobo; a relative of the chimpanzees.

When startled, or when finding a new place to settle for the day, the apes will gather in various groups for a gigantic orgy, swapping between same and opposite sex partners. They've been known to have sex dozens of times a day. For reference, I learned this in one of my anthropology classes in college.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Quote:

Actually, one other animal does:

The Bonobo; a relative of the chimpanzees.

When startled, or when finding a new place to settle for the day, the apes will gather in various groups for a gigantic orgy, swapping between same and opposite sex partners. They've been known to have sex dozens of times a day. For reference, I learned this in one of my anthropology classes in college.

Dam, this post started out really good, then Crim protected himself with where he learned this information. I tip my hat to you, sir.

Its like a school bus of nuns hitting a shit wagon and bursting into flames. You just can't look away... -Tasorin

Link Copied to Clipboard