KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 70 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Stealth Hawk
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,027,385 Trump card
1,339,567 Picture Thread
478,260 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
It is a tough call, but I opted for #2. I can sense the need for #1, but we need to find what works best for us as a whole - not pick one NOW.

It may very well be that Vanguard/PVP IS this game, but if people do not have the hardware/net connection to run it - then they will feel left out. So some research into this would be helpful before a call to arms is made. Keep in mind, what many people PREFER (90+ fps) is far beyond "usable". But folks who are running a 1.8Ghz machine with 256 MB of RAM and a graphics card that is more than 2 years old. . . *ahem* really need a reality check. If you want to be involved with the guild - you will need a machine that can play more than the "forums". If you have purchased a machine in the last 6 months or so – that should be a "baseline" for a current machine. It may be that you would need to purchase some additional RAM, but not necessarily would you be out of spec for a modern game.

I personally feel the need to unite under a game, hopefully SOON. Perhaps having an open faction to feel the waters is a good idea. To be honest I have not been holding my breath for Darkfall, if I had my face would be changing colors by now.

Like Elph, Owain, 5050, and others I have limited playtime so I want to get the most bang for my buck. I spent weeks grinding up in WOW to apply for the KGB just to have interest peak/fall about the same time. A similar thing happened in the UO-hybrid and now Eve Online. I want to be part of a dedicated group, not playing a Massively Solo Online Game! Spending weeks grinding up to get perma-death-killed because I am running around solo (due to non-participation) does not appeal to me either. Not a big fan of perma-death anyway, because I don’t have hours on end to play/grind my way up again.

So I am continuing to play Eve actively, and may join in the Vanguard trials. A lot depends on what I hear from the folks who are playing Vanguard actively. From what I have heard Vanguard is "utterly-grindtastic" along the lines of the Korean Massively Online Grindfests (Lineage 2/etc). I enjoy Eve because I don’t have to beat on 1000 pigs with a sword to gain in swordsmanship! Nor do I have to kill the Baron 20+ times (ad nauseam) to get him to drop his pants (the gear that I need). In Eve I level over time, whether I am actively playing – or not.

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
khi Offline
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
playing on the perma death server was just a option that was thrown out there we are currently playing on tharridon the free for all pvp server

Former KGB Member
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Quote:

I think part of it is the fact that I face my 40th Birthday in April, and I certainly dont feel like I have been alive for 40 years. Time flies.

I hear you Jet ... October for me brings on 40, time just ticks away so quickly.

An old friend once gave me his take on "time flies" ... remember back to grade school, when summer break hit, those 3 months seemed like an eternity at the time.

When your 8, those 3 months are a large percentage of your memory & life for that matter.

Here approaching 40, the same percentage can be measured in years, instead of months ... I can remember 4 years of High School was a long time ... now 4 years seem to fly by in a blink.

But what the hell ... as the saying goes now days ... 40 is the new 20!!!! Rock on!

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
I feel the best thing for KGB would be to just look at the games our knights are already in and put more effort into promoting them.

We have groups of KGB in Vanguard, Shadowbane, EVE, WoW, UO and some others im sure. Lets help them feel more appreciated for the work they are doing to keep the KGB name in those games.

Picking just one game and telling everyone to move there would just cause alot of hurt feelings. Some enjoy being in the game they are in and the last thing we need to do is make them feel like outcasts since they dont want to move to a game we all only have luke-warm feelings about.

The only games I see worthy of up-rooting everyone from their current game and running the risk of making some feel like outcasts would be Age of Conan and Darkfall, and yes I still think DF is the promised-land. So lets continue to hype these two.

Otherwise people might just leave KGB if forced to move and this plan to unite the guild would end up causing the exact opposite.

"It's not enough to win... others have to lose."
-Stephen Colbert 'Colbert Report'
Hall of Fame record
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Quote:

I got Vanguard last night, and my girlfriend and I got as far as creating my 'toon before we turned to other things...

I suppose there are about 8 or 9 of us in Vanguard now, we'll see where that goes.

Jet, care to join us? That would go a long ways to encouraging the rank and file to step up...

You bet, I posted about my new PC in another thread. It should be here by March 6th or so.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Maybe of you posted here, and there were some great thoughts shared. We do actually have an official faction that I overlooked, but the game is still vaporware :-).

With these thoughts in mind, lets workk on playing games and inviting our brothers and sisters to play with us. I think the interest will flow were it may.

I am going to try Van as soon as my PC arrives.

I thin kthe best thing to do for all of us is to get in to Vent and see what others are doing real time. There always seeems to be something happening there.

Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Deceased KGB Member and Oracle Administrator
Deceased KGB Member and Oracle Administrator
Jet,

If Vanguard is gonna be the next attempt at a faction, then lets not be so half hearted about it. Setup the public and private forums, appoint at least a temporary leader to organize it, and the like. Its these half hearted "Oh you do not need a leader/forums/etc" comments that tell everyone "do not bother, they are not serious about it" and push ppl away.

Either KGB is going to try Vanguard as an official faction, or its not. Any halfway will just kill it before it is born.

*wanders back off to pumping out the lake in his basement*

Vincent
My first sci-fi novel is out and its free details : http://losttalesofpower.com
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
I agree, but let me try the game first. I think I have a pretty good feel for if it is goingto be something people are going to want to play.

But yes, if it is, I am going to jump on it.

Star Citizen Hanger:
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i am enjoying varguard atm and finding a fight isnt very hard. lvling is pretty intense alot like wow maybe a lil easier. we have almost 10 kgb playing that i can count in there mid teens now.

khi Offline
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
shouldnt be to hard to get up and going its fun playing

just have one piece of advice when starting if u see someone lvling by you and u thought about killin him before he kills u he's thinking the same thing... go with ur instinct lol

Former KGB Member
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard