KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 50 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Binbs
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,029,881 Trump card
1,340,077 Picture Thread
478,435 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Ah, I misunderstood, then. But if you want to be able to hook up with 7 or 8 in a game on a reliable basis, then you have to have 30 or more playing the game at any one time. People are on different schedules, different time zones, and have different amounts of time that they can devote to gaming, so it you have 8 people in a game, it's likely that only one or two will be on when you are on, if you are lucky. We saw that on WoW before you and Taxman came over to the KGB, and we've seen it again in Eve.

That level of activity isn't exactly epic...

That is what I mean by achieving a critical mass. When you have enough people in a game where you can find a good group to run with regardless of the time of day you check in, then things begin to happen. You become known, and you have a presence, and before you know it, you can field 30 or 40 or more if you schedule a surge.

It's all in the numbers, and right now, the KGB has insufficient numbers to do well if we are fragmented across multiple games.

That's just the cold hard truth of it...

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
True enough my friend, true enough.

Missing in Action - October 2021
We could all buy Counter Strike Source and only use knives and pistols. We could call targets and pretend it's an MMO, it would be cheap and build teamwork, haha...

[Linked Image from zandadev.com]
khi Offline
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
just reading u guys post is getting me excited i miss loggin in a game a seeing my kgb family and those times where i couldnt sleep and loggin in and seeing the graveyard crew gaming it up and waking up to the mourning crew trying to get their game on before work/school would be fun to have that again

if i could i would change my vote to option 1 lol

Former KGB Member
I'm with you Khi, my blood is pumping just thinking about playing with a big group of KGB again...

[Linked Image from zandadev.com]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Quote:

We could all buy Counter Strike Source and only use knives and pistols. We could call targets and pretend it's an MMO, it would be cheap and build teamwork, haha...

L O L

TBH though, we could do the same with guildwars, at least the playtype would be similar to an MMO.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Quote:

Battlefield 2 is better for this.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Deceased KGB Member and Oracle Administrator
Deceased KGB Member and Oracle Administrator
Owian, so pick a game, get some ppl and apply for factionship with the senate or however its done now. Then the guild is doing "something". All anyone needs to do is, well do something.

I am homeless in Virginia right now, tapping free net access where I can cause of a stupid paperwork delay on my house so as for anything else, pm Jet.

Vincent
My first sci-fi novel is out and its free details : http://losttalesofpower.com
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I got Vanguard last night, and my girlfriend and I got as far as creating my 'toon before we turned to other things...

I suppose there are about 8 or 9 of us in Vanguard now, we'll see where that goes.

Jet, care to join us? That would go a long ways to encouraging the rank and file to step up...

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
i won't even touch vanguard for the simple fact everyone says you need such a beast of a machine, i have a computer that is just over a month old but i bet it couldn't even touch vanguard.

my huge issue is paying for subscriptions again it has been so long since i have, we had a brief stint with daoc but i didnt' even like shelling out that much.

I am probably sad to say that my gaming capacity with KGB is pretty much null. When i do get a chance to game it's for a very short period of time and I will fall behind in alot of the leveling games, so I just don't feel that this time that I am much of a gamer anymore. Between the kids/boyscouts etc I don't have much time to sit in a game without afk'ing majority of it
And it would put me major behind in the game. Like with Wow when I joined i was way behind in lvls since everyone had been in for awhile once I got up a bit higher it wasn't bad but for the many of my first levels i was alone and that was boring
Derid WoW was dead really dead about a month before it offcially went open. so it wasn't that long before.
Me and Donk had kept alot of intrest for awhile before it totally peetered out

I was watching Vanguard but the big thing that is turning me off about it now is how max of a system you need

Last edited by Elph; 02/21/07 08:37 AM.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard