KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 32 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Binbs
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,030,277 Trump card
1,340,243 Picture Thread
478,677 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
I don't understand the part about not having a game we focus on as a guild simply because not everyone might want to play it. I dont think the idea was to kick out everyone who didnt play or anything drastic.

In fact, one could argue that since there is rarely a really *great* games out that appeal to everyone, that having a competitive MMORPG guild not maintaining a presence
in any game for over 2 years is kind of silly.

There are also several free games out and about that are relativly decent compared to other games on the market.

All that being said, I'm still kind of split on the idea myself, but I can see the point of it.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
The above statement inspired me as to what has potentially made KGB great, and as large as it is:

The Knights of Glory and Beer have had the ability to focus on more than one game simultaneously, succeed in those games, and pull in more competent prospects from each of those games. This has given the guild a great variety of members with various cohesive strengths. This tremendous scope in membership abilities practically ensures the survivability of the Knights of Glory and Beer when other guilds have splintered and/or faltered.

In an age where games are being produced at an exponential rate, with myriads of different goals and tastes in each; it becomes decidedly more and more difficult to find any one game that such a conglomerate Guild can cohesively play.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Yeah I agree with that Crim.

Just 2 years since an official faction *is* kind of a long time. Granted, I'm not sure what everyone would play.

Origionally the idea was to have many official factions, I remember back a handfull of years and there were several.

However starting about 3(?) years ago there became an *extreme* resistance to new official factions by KGB Federal leadership. As such, except for WoW, none have been born.

Several potential faction got shot down, even though they had 20-30 KGB already playing. Now in the past months Jet has talked with various groups playing games about factionship but people are now so used to playing as open or loosely affiliated factions that interest in being official has waned.

Not that this is necesarrily all bad, people now look at official factions as something "special" deserving of everyones attention, instead of the old paradigm, where if you were playing a game as a group of KGB it was pretty much expected that you would become an official faction.

But I digress.

Anyhow, I dont think opening a new one and rallying KGB to a random game is a bad thing. Not that I think everyone should or would be required to play, but why not open a faction and start playing it as a full KGB faction just for the sake of playing a game as KGB?

Those not interested can just chill out, and wait for a game they really want to play to come out. I *think* this idea is less about forcing people to do something they dont want to to, and more about Jet wanting to do something official as a guild again.

Missing in Action - October 2021
Missing in Action - October 2021
In my opinion, we should not create a closed faction in any game that we've already had a major presence in and has been deemed 'open'. If we were to create a closed faction I would expect it to be in a game that's fairly new (ie, Vanguard). Even though I'm not very interested in Vanguard and most people wouldn't be able to handle it, I suppose I'd be willing to play it if we had a closed faction. However, it just doesn't sound like the kind of game KGB was designed for. I can only think of 3 games that I feel KGB has been able to fulfill it's purpose in since the creation of the guild, even though I wasn't present for several factions. Those 3 are Ultima Online, Dark Age of Camelot (PVP Servers), and Shadowbane; I think these are the only 3 because they're the only ones that have allowed for the immediate punishment of griefers and the like, at least of the games I'm familiar with.

If we were to create a closed faction in Vanguard I would expect it to be on the perma-death server, as it would give us a much greater purpose than just competing for gear and levels, and it would separate the play style from that of WoW.

So, I voted that we should not start an official faction, but that was before I considered that KGB could carry out their duty of protecting the innocent on the perma-death Vanguard server.

I really hate grinding for gear and levels when I know that the endgame is basically just a slow-pace FPS with no consequences aside from reputation.

[Linked Image from zandadev.com]
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Quote:

I thought Jet said he was going to be drunk all weekend and wouldn't post... :P

So true, I just could not resist. Part of me feels like we are drifting apart, and yes, I am still drunk.

I think part of it is the fact that I face my 40th Birthday in April, and I certainly dont feel like I have been alive for 40 years. Time flies.

Part of me wonders if we can come together as one, as we have in the past. There are so many offerings, in the old days, when we had our greatest success, there was only a small number of possibilities.

This and an empty bottle of Rum drove me to make this post.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
we haven't been w/out game for 2 yrs
wow went open in or around Sept 05 so it's just been a little over a yr

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

I think it was efectivly dead since before that though wasnt it?

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Well jet ryu myself khi mei seaelf are playing vanguard. Yes u need a hella of a computer to run the game but its not a bad game its like wow but u can kill everyone and there momma. Considering every enemy kgb has faced is in this game OPP including jackal,pandeoium,LOD, we are in prx due to the fact there the only anti pk guild on the server=). I have no idea what game there is that we as a guild can make a impacted on. Truthfully Jet all games have turn carebear style and its really gay. Atleast on vanguard i can kill who i want,but it is grinding at its finest. I feel like jet seems we are growing apart from each other and there is only a select few that play games with each other.

Former KGB Order of the Paladins
Former KGB Champion
Former General(G4)UO
Former General(G3)UO
Former General(G2)UO
Former General(G1)UO
Former Knight Captain in UO
Former Knight Commander in UO
Former Member of SB,Wow,Aoc
Founder Of Chop Choppers
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
O ya my vote find something to play and get our GUILD mentality back. When df comes out we will be sitting ducks due to the fact we all are on separate pages.

Last edited by Ken_Kamillion; 02/19/07 03:32 PM.
khi Offline
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
we can wait abit longer though and i really like vanguard but it does take a up to date comp to run...so will darkfall

i went with option 2

Former KGB Member
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard