KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 32 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Binbs
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,030,277 Trump card
1,340,243 Picture Thread
478,677 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 23 24
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Have you considered that "meaningful discussion about anything" could involve discussions of intentional default, de-funding EPA, building a wall, starting a war with Iran and so on?

I am not convinced that GOP, it is present state, could be trusted to responsibly govern. While Boehner could be classified as all kinds of bad, he largely contained the tsunami of crazy from doing any immediate catastrophic damage.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
If process was followed, minority parties would also have more say.

Putting Boehner and his crew up as the group that stands in the way of the things you describe is a long stretch at best. I think its a big misconception a lot of people, unfortunately have.

And its a misconception that needs cleared up among the electorate at large , so more honest reps, whatever their views and affiliations, can feel confident in pursuing reforms.

Again I ask, why arent more Dems fighting against the party leadership oligarchies? Fighting for better process, and less centralization of power is or at least should be a bipartisan goal.

For those few fringe issues that the left likes to cite, the bottom line is the far right simply does not have the votes regardless, its a straw man that only helps the Boehner and Pelosi crews.

Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Why is Tea Party successful influencing GOP while Occupy movement failed to influence Democrats? They almost share platforms. I think this is because the original TP withered and what left is now an astroturfing mechanism used by a few tycoons. Viewed through this lens, current GOP turmoil is one group of oligarch trying to push out another group of establishment cronies so they can get into the trough. No good guys to be found anywhere.

[Linked Image]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Originally Posted By: Sini
Why is Tea Party successful influencing GOP while Occupy movement failed to influence Democrats? They almost share platforms. I think this is because the original TP withered and what left is now an astroturfing mechanism used by a few tycoons. Viewed through this lens, current GOP turmoil is one group of oligarch trying to push out another group of establishment cronies so they can get into the trough. No good guys to be found anywhere.

Leaving the Dems aside for now, just to avoid tangents -

I think there is something to what you are saying. But also think that quite a few people are ideologically inclined. I think this includes some rich folks.

But still, I think a major difference is regardless of anything else the TP movement came with a large strain of citizen governing. In the GOP, major strategies of the genuine grassroots were to grab party positions even at the county and State level for example.

The apparatus was actually infiltrated. The anger towards the elite oligarchs abusing process to shut out the grassroots voice and try and force their agendas on everyone is real.

The manner in which it manifests at times can be ugly, when it crops up over wedge issues. But I consider it blowback, which is why I was laughing so hard earlier in the thread. The issues like abortion that were initially manufactured by the elite apparatus to keep everyone distracted have become monsters in their own right and threaten to consume them.

Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Derid
A questionnaire for speaker candidates drawn up by the Freedom Caucus ahead of a Tuesday night forum, first published last week by Politico, sketched out a series of demands: more rank-and-file representation on the crucial Republican Steering Committee; adherence to the “Hastert rule” requiring a majority of Republicans to support any bill brought to a floor vote; and an end to retaliation for opposing leadership on procedural votes.

This is pretty much naked power grab giving the Freedom Caucus majority-like power. That we know they won't responsibly use.

Oh the sweet, sweet boomerang justice for gerrymandering these 40 'safe' districts.

[Linked Image]
Page 5 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 23 24

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard