KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 13 guests, and 28 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Lapatous Lamu
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,357
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Sini 1
Popular Topics(Views)
2,050,620 Trump card
1,346,803 Picture Thread
482,490 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#12542 11/08/06 08:49 AM
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
Is there an EVE forum? I was thinking about firing up my old account and joining up with you guys. How many KGBers are playing it right now?

nethervoid #12543 11/08/06 09:49 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
We have a pretty good bunch, bit it isn't an official KGB faction, so we aren't running under a KGB banner. Our corporation was named Exile Industries, but we recently joined a larger outfit, and will probably integrate into their organization. All the KGBers run together for the most part, however, and we hook up in ventrillo and have a large time blowing shit up.

Give Elph a PM to ask for access to the private KGB Eve forum. Lots of good info in there...

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Owain #12544 11/08/06 11:51 AM
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
what faction are you from nether? dont recognize your name... and like owain said contact elph she can add you to eve forum. if you have any questions grab us in vent the info is in the great hall forum

hydr #12545 11/08/06 01:20 PM
Band 7
Band 7
Ya, I just got access to it yesterday. She's pretty quick if you'll PM her on it.

Former KGB Member
hydr #12546 11/08/06 01:52 PM
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
Quote:

what faction are you from nether? dont recognize your name... and like owain said contact elph she can add you to eve forum. if you have any questions grab us in vent the info is in the great hall forum

Caldari(sp). I haven't played for over a year. I've got some good mining training, missle training, light cruiser training, and some good training into engineering and production. I was working on making missles and ships, I think.

At the time I quit, I was flying a jammer cruiser (blackbird), although I had zero combat time in it. Our corp wasn't ready for combat.

I heard they were going to take out instas. Did that ever go live? I created a whole bunch of dead-on instas for my last corp. I did most of the raid and mining scout stuff.

*edit - PM sent! I think I had ... 8 or 900k training points. We'll see when I re-up. I'll try to at least get in the game tonight. Hopefully I don't get waxed just logging in.

Last edited by nethervoid; 11/08/06 01:54 PM.
nethervoid #12547 11/08/06 02:55 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Nope, insta's are still alive and well.

Owain #12548 11/08/06 04:22 PM
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
woops... i meant which kgb faction are you from? haha, yah instas are still in game but right now on on the test server they just implemented "warp to 0km" option so gate to gate bookmarks wont be of any use in the near future which is great now everyone can finally delete them and just keep ALOT LESS bookmarks and should be quite a bit less load on the server. and on players when they open their people places and not lag for 10 seconds.

i wont be boggin the server down copying them to sell on escrow anymore haha!

you can continue your training in combat, dont worry about production so much unless you want to mine and produce ships/mods/ammo for resale but i think a few people might have some manufactering skills already.

anyway catch us on vent this evening if your into the mining there are a few guys that do and have been making ALOT of isk and if you want to get into combat we have that going too...

anyway we can talk about that on the eve forum or on vent

hydr #12549 11/09/06 06:45 AM
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
and I don't know man i feel like the graphics are alot better since I last played or maybe its just all the dam pepsi i drink, that seems to add a blur effect to what I see.

hydr #12550 11/09/06 08:48 AM
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
From KGB SB: Vengance, but that was a long while back when KGB was a big nation. I played a elven warrior bladeweaver commander bounty hunter. Used to crush healers in the ball. lol That was fun.

Anyway just got my forum access (thanks Elph!) and had to spend all last night DLing the game. My storebought copy doesn't work at all anymore.

Oh and I think I had more like 2.something mil SP now that I think about it.

nethervoid #12551 11/09/06 11:42 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Quote:

I heard they were going to take out instas. Did that ever go live? I created a whole bunch of dead-on instas for my last corp. I did most of the raid and mining scout stuff.

From what I hear CCP is going to add "warp to location" (pretty much removing the need for many instas) and leave in the other distance to warp to optionally. No idea on when, perhaps as early as the next update. The servers have been bogged down a lot lately due to huge collections of insta-bookmarks and the trade thereof. So yea, that would pretty much get rid of a LOT of traffic. People will still need safe-spots/etc tho, so doubt if they will kill bookmarks.

Yea the graphics are pretty sweet! But they are actually working those also over the next few months. New engine will support DirectX10 and there will be a LOT of new innovations for the DirectX9 client too.

CCP purchased the distribution rights to EVE, so no more store copy at all - just a download (but it is smaller than one CD).

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard