KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 60 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Winter
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,031,261 Trump card
1,340,662 Picture Thread
478,835 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
KGB Paladin
(G3) General, Archeage Faction
KGB Paladin
(G3) General, Archeage Faction
That sounds good to me, i know nothing about dungeons except that we will need a tank, healer and DPS.

Do we have any 50s that would sign up for a Friday night run(s)?

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I would love to get a dungeon run going but will be gone from Friday to monday

[Linked Image]
Zhou Offline OP
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
OP Offline
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
Moving the rest of my stuff this weekend, I'll be playing again on tuesday

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KGB TS Server Administrator
KGB High Chancellor - Star Citizen
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
My wife is currently on a weird schedule with some day and some night shifts, so we havent been able to carve out a regular gaming schedule since her move to the mixed schedule. My wife has been on night shift the last 4 years and has been moved to days, Sun-Wed, but, they have to hire her replacement first.

Once we've settled into the new schedule, I will be able to game more regularly again.

Plus work has been crazy of late, but that is getting better.

I feel like I am so far behind blah!

N
Oracle Newbie
Oracle Newbie
N
Hello.

First a little background on a new recruit. I have played just about every major MMORPG since Shadowbane where I joined Defenders of Order and stayed with them for years before they became very inactive. I then played some games with PRX.

I have noticed a definite trend in each subsequent release of games. It seems to me that each game is requiring more leadership and more members in order to really accomplish a lot of the true end game content.

My opinion is that it will take over 100 people in the guild, with 70% or more very active or active to be successful in Archeage.

During my experience in MMORPG's I have fought both with and against KGB and I know that leadership should not be an issue. I was a leader in DoO and can assume some responsibility also.

I am very concerned about the pure numbers required. What are the current projections of how many current KGB will play Archeage? How many recruits will be needed to fill the ranks?

I have also learned from previous games that no matter how well one 'screens' recruits, only 60% or so actually make it, and only 50% or so of them stick with a game long enough to have an impact.

I am willing and able to help in any way possible.
I do however think I am missing a lot of aspects of the game, and I am sure others feel likewise. Maybe we should get a meeting in TS set up at the very end of ALPHA to go over all the tricks and tips we have found, so that we all can employ them day one of BETA, and refine them for release.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Originally Posted By: Nevyn
Hello.

First a little background on a new recruit. I have played just about every major MMORPG since Shadowbane where I joined Defenders of Order and stayed with them for years before they became very inactive. I then played some games with PRX.

I have noticed a definite trend in each subsequent release of games. It seems to me that each game is requiring more leadership and more members in order to really accomplish a lot of the true end game content.

My opinion is that it will take over 100 people in the guild, with 70% or more very active or active to be successful in Archeage.

During my experience in MMORPG's I have fought both with and against KGB and I know that leadership should not be an issue. I was a leader in DoO and can assume some responsibility also.

I am very concerned about the pure numbers required. What are the current projections of how many current KGB will play Archeage? How many recruits will be needed to fill the ranks?

I have also learned from previous games that no matter how well one 'screens' recruits, only 60% or so actually make it, and only 50% or so of them stick with a game long enough to have an impact.

I do however think I am missing a lot of aspects of the game, and I am sure others feel likewise. Maybe we should get a meeting in TS set up at the very end of ALPHA to go over all the tricks and tips we have found, so that we all can employ them day one of BETA, and refine them for release.

Good post Nevyn and good to see you. The greatest problem with your concerns is that KGB operates off of a very casual playing base. Yes, in certain games, members have banded together in very real fashion and provided the kick ass means necessary to effect real change. Darkfall one was an extremely good example of this as Manus is still off somewhere butthurt over the demise of his empire, which was very heavily influenced by large numbers of KGB.

I wouldn't worry to much about it at this point. You have some of the greatest members (leadership and otherwise) in place already, Romeo, Donkleaps, Tasorin, Drakiis and yes, even you Zhou...Brommas and the rest. Those members alone will draw other players when the game has progressed at least to beta (not sure of the timeline).

Historically, if the game is good, and support's KGB playstyle, you can count that members will come out of the woodwork for at least the first 90 days to 6 months, to even a year. No promises past that, for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is no matter how good Archage is, Star Citizen, when it finally releases, will see 75% of KGB head to it.

Based on everything I have seen, while I am not willing to drop $150 on the game to play right now, I will join as well as many other KGB. My advice would be to use your experience in guild matters to provide good input on the best mechanisms and processes to gain new members. KGB does not mass recruit (thank god) and so preparation will be key. Welcome to the fold and never be afraid to give your opinions and ideas. We will certainly nuke you for it, but that does not mean we are not listening. LOL

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Zhou Offline OP
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
OP Offline
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
Originally Posted By: Vuldan
Hello.

Good post Nevyn and good to see you. The greatest problem with your concerns is that KGB operates off of a very casual playing base. Yes, in certain games, members have banded together in very real fashion and provided the kick ass means necessary to effect real change. Darkfall one was an extremely good example of this as Manus is still off somewhere butthurt over the demise of his empire, which was very heavily influenced by large numbers of KGB.

I wouldn't worry to much about it at this point. You have some of the greatest members (leadership and otherwise) in place already, Romeo, Donkleaps, Tasorin, Drakiis and yes, even you Zhou...Brommas and the rest. Those members alone will draw other players when the game has progressed at least to beta (not sure of the timeline).

Historically, if the game is good, and support's KGB playstyle, you can count that members will come out of the woodwork for at least the first 90 days to 6 months, to even a year. No promises past that, for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is no matter how good Archage is, Star Citizen, when it finally releases, will see 75% of KGB head to it.

Based on everything I have seen, while I am not willing to drop $150 on the game to play right now, I will join as well as many other KGB. My advice would be to use your experience in guild matters to provide good input on the best mechanisms and processes to gain new members. KGB does not mass recruit (thank god) and so preparation will be key. Welcome to the fold and never be afraid to give your opinions and ideas. We will certainly nuke you for it, but that does not mean we are not listening. LOL

Awe the old man gave me a compliment. So touching :)

As far as numbers with the recent addition of KGB Romeo streaming and the wonderful members we have already gained during alpha we had a 35man presence alone while the game is $150.00. Closer to launch and at cheaper prices KGB should be able to maintain a presence long term. The game really meets many of the styles of gameplay everyone seeks. Though as Vuldan says when Star Citizen truly launches many will go there, that is a game many including myself have backed and some with considerable investments.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KGB TS Server Administrator
KGB High Chancellor - Star Citizen
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Vuldan
Hello.

I understand your concerns, as I also used to feel this way, but over a great deal of time I learned that KGB ebbs and flows like the tide, and when we amass it is well worth the wait. I agree with Vuldan, and I believe patience is the greatest virtue a Knight of Glory and Beer can have. Until then you can either Crusade in the name of KGB or Tilt against the status quo, I find it easier to crusade onward. We have existed for over 16 years, far longer than any other clan simply because Jet and the powers that be know what is important and what can wait.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
As I have stated, Donk is using my account now for pre-release. I will be joining all of you upon release.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Originally Posted By: JetStar
As I have stated, Donk is using my account now for pre-release. I will be joining all of you upon release.

LIES!

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard