The KGB Oracle
Good Afternoon KGB family,

I’m writing this message on behalf of several inquiries and just over necessity of the ArcheAge faction. It is time to get serious. This game will be launching in a matter of months and as a guild overall we have no organizational structure. It was created just from a tag team duo just leveling and having fun. Now we are about 30+ strong within the guild and require some sort of structure and direction before we lose the influx of new Knights and our own current knight’s interest. The problems are broken down into 3 main categories: Faction Leadership, faction direction (goals) and events

Like I said we have no leadership in this game currently. I hold the guild since I created it for us and set various people to having invite privileges for our new members that have been joining over the weeks. The Big 3 people haven’t been on much Donk, Romeo and I (due to internet and moving situation). So we need to sit down and discuss as a guild if we’re going to make our own faction or go open ended and who is taking the reins. Also we need to discuss what KGB is clearly going to pursue in this game. It has a wide array of features and as such we need to let our members know what we plan to accomplish. We have talked about owning a piece of Auroria, testing our pirate pieces in alpha and such but this all comes down to our faction leadership and if what type of faction KGB will be for Archeage.

Second issue is events. I have been trying on a weekly basis to have 1 or 2 events to get members active and working together. No one likes to sit and quest alone even though it’s part of the game and necessary. If we want to retain the interest of new applicants and current members we need to organize and continually do things throughout the week. I can’t do it alone, I know were all busy but others should help out!

We are all a big family here! So all those members that have asked and inquired about this situation speak up and get the debate started!
Thank you for posting this.

Some thoughts

Pirate vs Our own faction
I definitely feel we should not go pirate with the main guild tag. If we want to go pirate we could create an alt pirate guild. (Scurvy dogs of glory and rum?) Or we could join a pirate guild with alts together. Either way I don't think pirating should be our main focus as it shuts out a good bit of content available. You also really don't get anything for being a pirate other then a chance to get a really nice ship (the black pearl).

Crafting

We need to get our crafting organized right off the bat. The very best gear seems to come from crafting. Crafted armor, weapons and jewelery are far superior to dropped items and even pvp rewards. High end potions and food can quickly turn the tide in a fight. These items are needed to compete in pvp but are very hard to obtain for a solo player or even a duo. As a team working together to feed one crafter per profession we can get to the top end items with speed and efficiency. To accomplish this we could either purchase guild accounts for our dedicated crafters, or we could assign trust members to a craft.

Trade Fishing and large guild purchases.

I think organizing weekly trade runs to make large purchases should be something we look into. Starting off we should focus on obtaining a guild trade ship and a galleon (currently we have a galleon thanks to Zhou and Bandit) After we obtain these items guild trade runs should be run to obtain keep pieces a tractor or 2 and possibly a guild fishing boat.

PvP events / roams

Obviously we should continue to run these several times per week. I will do my part to try to organize 1 or 2 a week going forward. A focus on learning the Northern continent is important imo.

Headstart and the land grab

Its hard to say what is going to happen the day of launch and how many servers will be up. I definatley think we should settle in Two crowns if possible and try to grab as much land with our small farms as possible by spreading out the farms but leaving not enough room in between for other players farms.

Ill add more later
We should definitely set up official crafters for each profession. Including people working on 'gathering / farming / logging'.

Then if anyone has any tips / tricks they can share them. We can pool resources etc.
Since Zhou is out of town this week moving I will try to gather everyone willing and hold some PvP events. We can even do some duals to learn everyone's class better. This will probably take place Saturday evening.

Also, I would like to try and put some resources into getting a fishing boat and testing that out.
Originally Posted By: Bandit
Since Zhou is out of town this week moving I will try to gather everyone willing and hold some PvP events. We can even do some duals to learn everyone's class better. This will probably take place Saturday evening.

Also, I would like to try and put some resources into getting a fishing boat and testing that out.

I will not be home on Saturday until after 5PM EST. Shoot me a message or post the time when you know you plan to do it and I will do my best to get there and get some recordings for Jet.
I should be there for any events this weekend. I don't think I have any plans other than archeage =P
Hi guys,

I am the new kid on the block, but, I would like to say that I am looking forward to release with KGB, and look forward to being a productive and helpful member of the team to pursue KGB goals.

I second the idea of dedicating crafters for the guild and supporting these crafters from day 1 to get the best possible gear as fast as possible across the board for all our members.

I also like the rum name idea for a pirate alt kin. I wouldnt want KGB to be a pirate faction in of itself, because that really doesnt jive with the raison d'etre of the organization tbh from what I have read and seen.

And this game better not release until September LOL. I am going to Germany for 2 weeks in July and Hawaii for 10 days early August, and I dont want to miss out on early patron status. else I will have to beg for someone to at least level my muddy to 15, get the small farm and large farm....

Hmmm but - yes! I can't wait, and I am looking forward to being a member in the KGB - ArcheAge faction!!!
Lets plan on an 8:00 P.M EST Raid
Originally Posted By: Bandit
Lets plan on an 8:00 P.M EST Raid

I'll be there.
How about a night for some of the dungeons? Maybe Friday night this week, before the start of the Holiday weekend? I surmise there is strat and loot tables to gather data on.
That sounds good to me, i know nothing about dungeons except that we will need a tank, healer and DPS.

Do we have any 50s that would sign up for a Friday night run(s)?
I would love to get a dungeon run going but will be gone from Friday to monday
Moving the rest of my stuff this weekend, I'll be playing again on tuesday
My wife is currently on a weird schedule with some day and some night shifts, so we havent been able to carve out a regular gaming schedule since her move to the mixed schedule. My wife has been on night shift the last 4 years and has been moved to days, Sun-Wed, but, they have to hire her replacement first.

Once we've settled into the new schedule, I will be able to game more regularly again.

Plus work has been crazy of late, but that is getting better.

I feel like I am so far behind blah!
Hello.

First a little background on a new recruit. I have played just about every major MMORPG since Shadowbane where I joined Defenders of Order and stayed with them for years before they became very inactive. I then played some games with PRX.

I have noticed a definite trend in each subsequent release of games. It seems to me that each game is requiring more leadership and more members in order to really accomplish a lot of the true end game content.

My opinion is that it will take over 100 people in the guild, with 70% or more very active or active to be successful in Archeage.

During my experience in MMORPG's I have fought both with and against KGB and I know that leadership should not be an issue. I was a leader in DoO and can assume some responsibility also.

I am very concerned about the pure numbers required. What are the current projections of how many current KGB will play Archeage? How many recruits will be needed to fill the ranks?

I have also learned from previous games that no matter how well one 'screens' recruits, only 60% or so actually make it, and only 50% or so of them stick with a game long enough to have an impact.

I am willing and able to help in any way possible.
I do however think I am missing a lot of aspects of the game, and I am sure others feel likewise. Maybe we should get a meeting in TS set up at the very end of ALPHA to go over all the tricks and tips we have found, so that we all can employ them day one of BETA, and refine them for release.
Originally Posted By: Nevyn
Hello.

First a little background on a new recruit. I have played just about every major MMORPG since Shadowbane where I joined Defenders of Order and stayed with them for years before they became very inactive. I then played some games with PRX.

I have noticed a definite trend in each subsequent release of games. It seems to me that each game is requiring more leadership and more members in order to really accomplish a lot of the true end game content.

My opinion is that it will take over 100 people in the guild, with 70% or more very active or active to be successful in Archeage.

During my experience in MMORPG's I have fought both with and against KGB and I know that leadership should not be an issue. I was a leader in DoO and can assume some responsibility also.

I am very concerned about the pure numbers required. What are the current projections of how many current KGB will play Archeage? How many recruits will be needed to fill the ranks?

I have also learned from previous games that no matter how well one 'screens' recruits, only 60% or so actually make it, and only 50% or so of them stick with a game long enough to have an impact.

I do however think I am missing a lot of aspects of the game, and I am sure others feel likewise. Maybe we should get a meeting in TS set up at the very end of ALPHA to go over all the tricks and tips we have found, so that we all can employ them day one of BETA, and refine them for release.

Good post Nevyn and good to see you. The greatest problem with your concerns is that KGB operates off of a very casual playing base. Yes, in certain games, members have banded together in very real fashion and provided the kick ass means necessary to effect real change. Darkfall one was an extremely good example of this as Manus is still off somewhere butthurt over the demise of his empire, which was very heavily influenced by large numbers of KGB.

I wouldn't worry to much about it at this point. You have some of the greatest members (leadership and otherwise) in place already, Romeo, Donkleaps, Tasorin, Drakiis and yes, even you Zhou...Brommas and the rest. Those members alone will draw other players when the game has progressed at least to beta (not sure of the timeline).

Historically, if the game is good, and support's KGB playstyle, you can count that members will come out of the woodwork for at least the first 90 days to 6 months, to even a year. No promises past that, for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is no matter how good Archage is, Star Citizen, when it finally releases, will see 75% of KGB head to it.

Based on everything I have seen, while I am not willing to drop $150 on the game to play right now, I will join as well as many other KGB. My advice would be to use your experience in guild matters to provide good input on the best mechanisms and processes to gain new members. KGB does not mass recruit (thank god) and so preparation will be key. Welcome to the fold and never be afraid to give your opinions and ideas. We will certainly nuke you for it, but that does not mean we are not listening. LOL
Originally Posted By: Vuldan
Hello.

Good post Nevyn and good to see you. The greatest problem with your concerns is that KGB operates off of a very casual playing base. Yes, in certain games, members have banded together in very real fashion and provided the kick ass means necessary to effect real change. Darkfall one was an extremely good example of this as Manus is still off somewhere butthurt over the demise of his empire, which was very heavily influenced by large numbers of KGB.

I wouldn't worry to much about it at this point. You have some of the greatest members (leadership and otherwise) in place already, Romeo, Donkleaps, Tasorin, Drakiis and yes, even you Zhou...Brommas and the rest. Those members alone will draw other players when the game has progressed at least to beta (not sure of the timeline).

Historically, if the game is good, and support's KGB playstyle, you can count that members will come out of the woodwork for at least the first 90 days to 6 months, to even a year. No promises past that, for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is no matter how good Archage is, Star Citizen, when it finally releases, will see 75% of KGB head to it.

Based on everything I have seen, while I am not willing to drop $150 on the game to play right now, I will join as well as many other KGB. My advice would be to use your experience in guild matters to provide good input on the best mechanisms and processes to gain new members. KGB does not mass recruit (thank god) and so preparation will be key. Welcome to the fold and never be afraid to give your opinions and ideas. We will certainly nuke you for it, but that does not mean we are not listening. LOL

Awe the old man gave me a compliment. So touching :)

As far as numbers with the recent addition of KGB Romeo streaming and the wonderful members we have already gained during alpha we had a 35man presence alone while the game is $150.00. Closer to launch and at cheaper prices KGB should be able to maintain a presence long term. The game really meets many of the styles of gameplay everyone seeks. Though as Vuldan says when Star Citizen truly launches many will go there, that is a game many including myself have backed and some with considerable investments.
Originally Posted By: Vuldan
Hello.

I understand your concerns, as I also used to feel this way, but over a great deal of time I learned that KGB ebbs and flows like the tide, and when we amass it is well worth the wait. I agree with Vuldan, and I believe patience is the greatest virtue a Knight of Glory and Beer can have. Until then you can either Crusade in the name of KGB or Tilt against the status quo, I find it easier to crusade onward. We have existed for over 16 years, far longer than any other clan simply because Jet and the powers that be know what is important and what can wait.
As I have stated, Donk is using my account now for pre-release. I will be joining all of you upon release.
Originally Posted By: JetStar
As I have stated, Donk is using my account now for pre-release. I will be joining all of you upon release.

LIES!
Well I can say that the guild on archeage is a very lonely place to be and getting lonelier by the day with folks leaving the alpha guild. Almost no one has played in over a month. I know some said they are waiting for the beta weekends but with today's announcement that they are pushing those back to translate another 70000 words, beta weekends won't start happening till late July maybe early August. The thought of spending an extra month for sure if not longer alone kinda sucks to be honest. I would love to run some of the dungeons or anything, I enjoy crafting and all but umm only crafting and nothing else is dull. So what are folks plans now that beta has been pushed back?
I highly doubt I will be putting anymore time into an alpha. I am certain this is what others are feeling as well. I love the game and will be returning for live for sure
Yeah it's pretty much the same across the board. All the people that went into the alpha got the info they needed and noone wants to burn out before launch.

We developed a really solid gameplan for launch and the only thing to do now is be patient and wait to ride the wave in.
Hate to say this but if your really interested in continuing to play during alpha, hop around and play with some other people like COTP, OTG. Most of us will not be back in till beta and launch. The game is amazing, we have a plan and desire to create a strong foundation for ourselves, but the amount of work to be put in during an alpha seems wasted when you have to go through beta and launch.
Are we allowed to join a different guild for now?
Originally Posted By: Viper
Are we allowed to join a different guild for now?

It's in its pre launch phases and as of now their isn't any faction leader. So ya I don't see why not, it doesn't break any KGB rules.
Yes, Archeage ALPHA is OPEN FACTION.

We will be going CLOSED once launch hits.

P.S. Please don't burn out in ALPHA
Originally Posted By: Donkleaps
P.S. Please don't burn out in ALPHA

If goofing off and having fun causes burn out then I would have to say your doing it wrong. Just saying. ;)
Been in a few weeks and was looking for the KGB tag but for Alpha I'll just continue to lone wolf (rough anyway) and see what I can do..
You haven't been in TS3 for me to add you. There are not many players active to search for in game during alpha since they are delaying it. I checked to see if I may have missed you but the last time you stopped by was the 11th.
Are we still going to have a strong presence at launch? Feels like interest has died down a lot
Most of us who gave them $165 are waiting to see what build makes it to live. If it's the Korean bullshit grind fest money grab, that is currently implemented, than I think some of us are just going to chalk this one up to a loss and walk away from it.

I personally don't want to spend hundred of hours grinding Gilda stars, nor will I give them more money for pixels. Other than this fact, the game holds almost every criteria that KGB looks for in a game to support. Hopefully Trion can put some pressure and leverage the business cases to net some positive changes for title that could be one of the better ones in a while.
I thought the explicitly mentioned they were not adopting this model in western versions of the game? I'm pretty sure trion is keeping the content that forces the game to remain open world / sandboxy. from what I understand the kr version has a lot of instanced content?

Also, myself and some of my friends from wow and other games will be around at launch. we're just hanging out now watching how the betas go and seeing how they update content, but we will most definitely be around.
We are pretty much in the same boat Exey. Just waiting and watching until we get closer to live launch to see what the build is going to play like. I expect that at the last couple of beta cycles right before launch the traffic will pick up as KGB checks out the min/max options under the final beta build for live launch.

Upside on this title is huge. They just have to execute and not succumb to bullshit for grind and for moola.
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
the Korean bullshit grind fest money grab

Told you so. It just like Japan and schoolgirl tentacle rape porn, they just can't be any other way...

Too bad that there is actual interesting game under that heap of dung.
yea i think trion recognizes that that wont fly here so they're fixing it. XL knows they fucked up in kr so they're trying to do shit right here.

"Both Trion Worlds and XLGames are eager to maintain the game's sandbox nature."

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?12109-ArcheAge-to-Launch-with-XLGames-Patch-1.2

Originally Posted By: Exey
yea i think trion recognizes that that wont fly here so they're fixing it.

I think this is false hope. Grinding is ingrained into Korean culture, it goes well outside of gaming. I don't see this meaningfully going away.

This is not unlike EA trying to develop dating sim game for Mormon polygamist audience. They might understand in concept what is involved, but chances of them getting it?
I havent logged in for while ....had to build a new rig. Is the new grind really that terrible.
How many KGB are still playing this game? I'm going to play the beta this weekend and might pick up an alpha key if I like it. Has everyone ditched this in favor of SOTA? Maybe I should check that game out too.
Myo long time!

SOTA and Star Citizen are guild favorites but their development time in still unknown. Both are pre-alpha.

Some still play AA not sure who is left on the alpha server. I tried out a few of the beta weekends. The game has talent and we had a lot of people playing initially. Most are waiting till closer to launch to retest the game. Feels like they are dragging it out for more money.
Originally Posted By: Kajooko
I havent logged in for while ....had to build a new rig. Is the new grind really that terrible.

Not really. They made it more towards getting your wallet though. If your willing to pay for subscriber benefits then your going to be ok. If your one of the few that don't like subscriptions it will suck. Labor is double cost and without the subscription you will never have enough for anything.

The added gems from pre launch can unlock most of the extra slots and stuff that use to cost gold. City stuff now costs gold instead of Gilda stars and nui tears are gone giving double Gilda star rewards. Prices on boats jumped and unsure on housing costs. Can't own land unless your a subscriber.
the grind isnt the issue with the korean patch its the fact that they reduced the open world content by making some of the mandatory currency obtained only in instanced encounters. trion said explicitly that they want to maintain the sandbox element and keep everything open world not instanced. of course these games will be grindy but usually in open world mass pvp games the harder you grind the harder you own people in pvp and the more emo they get... and i love that shit.
Hiding in instances to grind for gear isn't a terrible thing. Requiring you to hide in an instance in order to grind specific currency in order to get gear in order to competitively PvP is a shitastic thing.

I am personally waiting until we get close to live launch to play this title and see what is actually what. I don't mind paying a subscription. What I do mind is forcing you to either grind your balls off or micro transaction to be competitive on top of paying for a subscription.
Ya, if the grind is horrible on top of a subscription and requires more money from the store than we have a problem. The subscription isn't a big deal for me either.
finally got an invite for this last weekend's beta. Pretty solid. I feel like LP generation is a smidge low, but that's life. Camping multiple streamers ans social media outlets hoping for a pack =(

also, started out as a sorrowsong, but switched to a Lamentor... SO MUCH BETTER. (also have to make a daggerspell)
This is why Donk wont be streaming during KGB missions, be they commercial or military. New meta calls for new guidelines...
This is why Donk wont be streaming during KGB missions, be they commercial or military. New meta calls for new guidelines...

being dumb but can you explain why not?
Originally Posted By: Instrument

being dumb but can you explain why not?

Because when assets and or secrecy are required, I won't allow for our hard earned assets or the success of a raid be compromised so that Donk can stream for 9 people, 7 of which are KGB and 2 of which are stream snipping.

Most of our legacy competition know Donk streams, and will and have stream snipped us already in Alpha/Beta testing. It's the price you pay for being that thing that everyone wants to donkey bang in a digital sense. Other clans know we are a barometer Clan for them to gauge where they are and what they need to work on or acquire. Not to mention the tactics they learn from us by watching us on delay. One of the hallmarks of KGB is our ability to construct effective tactical planning based on Meta. We may not be the best at herding the cats, but we sure as hell know where we need to herd them too.
© The KGB Oracle