KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 25 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Bandit, hydr
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,032,671 Trump card
1,341,933 Picture Thread
479,472 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
KGB Alumni
OP Offline
KGB Alumni
Also if you guys wanna know my method to try recruiting some people this is what I do. I ride a circut around the newbie spawns until I find a tangles new person. I heal them a couple times and then send them a private message and say hello in area chat. I then spaz out in front of them jumping all around until they see my message in one of the two areas.

I invite them to the party and we start killing the spawn. I talk to them in party chat for 15-30 minutes. Then if they pass my first series of questions like where and why did u pick up darkfall, did u play df1 and with who, ect I invite them on TS3.

At this point I get to know them a little better and answer any questions they have about the game. I give them Uzis YouTube video series, a darkfall map, and darkfall info.com. I talk to them about past games, about what they want to do in darkfall, their age, where they live, what they do.

This is about 30-45 minutes of grouping with them. I usually talk about classes and the general guideline to putting prow early on to get the most out of a new character. Some ask me about KGB at this point, some I ask if they are looking for a clan if no red flags popped up. I've not invite several to TS3 and even wrapped it up on TS3 and bid them a good day if red flags went off like they didn't like application processes or they didn't want to get on TS3.

If they are interested I usually lead with the pizza. Followed up with some history of KGB and the sponsorship recruitment process. Them I talk about blood alliance, not causing a stink in clan alliance to talk with morlander instead, bartender, how to get involved and x up for groups.

At this point I have them complete the prileminary reqs of making a forum account with their exact ingame name, then applying to the guild in game. At this point I go did Mor, Lux, Zhou, Val, or jet and they take care of the admin stuff.

I then take the new people around to the spawns I talked about above and farm a little in each area telling them what good drops here, how to gear themselves, ways to gain prow, and finally bring them back to sanguine and give them a couple bags and mounts as have them join the newbie party that goin in sanguine.

This entire process takes about 2-4 hours and I really think it gives people a leg up ad they will stick around at a much greater percentage.

KGB Alumni
OP Offline
KGB Alumni
Originally Posted By: Valaria
Purg I think what they are worried about is the Clan bank itself funding this as a whole. Which is impossible. The clan bank cant keep up on its own.

Also in the past we have done stuff like this, and it made people lazy and expect the clan to gear them. If you are ensuring that they will go out and gear themselves when all their starter gear is gone, then I have no issues. But if they keep asking they will be told no eventually.

If you have people dropping already made stuff, that changes a lot.

I tend to hit the armor and weapon crates in safe zones frequently, i have added what i had into those new member bags. This takes absolutely no resources from me or the clan and still helps. As those crates always give stuff for low levels.

Exactly, I am not looking to take resources away from the clan bank. I am looking for the trash gear none of us will wear anymore we get from loot, chests, and crafting to raise our ability. Lux dumped a bunch of pieces he crafted of simple into the bag as he was raising his crafting skill. That's perfect.

(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
Purg, I Have consolidated a lot of your New player bags and our old class set bags into 1 location. Far easier and less clutter in the main root of the bank. You will see when you open it. Very easy to see and grab from. We are also reaching a point where some of those classes really dont need more donated at this time.

We dont want to fill the bank to the point that we can not use the Bartender order system.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
KGB Alumni
OP Offline
KGB Alumni
Sounde great ill take a look when i get home from work. Once the steam sale is over I had planned to let you salvage a good portion of it and use it for the clan. We will only need to keep a dozen or so once the influx of new players to the game is finished.

KGB Alumni
OP Offline
KGB Alumni
Actually ill put together as many complete gear bags as possible with what we have then let you salvage the remaining once I grind the gold and we can just leave the mats in a bag and see if twy are needed. After steam sale is over we can dump the mats into another project.

W
War Offline
Former Member
Former Member
W
Purg just make it clear its a one time bag Keep up the good work. I've seen this same thing in churches before after being burned a few times its easier to stay a certain core than keep taking chances and building. It's a simple fact you recruit 50 on the hopes of keeping 3. All you can do is keep recruiting and see what cream rises to the surface. If were lucky we get a few like Val, Zhou wolf etc Keep the faith brother and work for that goal.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard