KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 52 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Shock
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,033,027 Trump card
1,341,974 Picture Thread
479,774 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
KGB Alumni
OP Offline
KGB Alumni
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Lz9-THS6TAbPpAFduupLFCD_RLXQEav7rG581YP7Kms/edit?usp=sharing

I am putting together a little newbie guide for new recruits. Please don't change anything on the document, put comments on it. I will read the comments and change it if I think it improves the doc or discuss the comment with you until we come to the best conclusion.

Thanks for the help.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I think this is great. This kind of effort is what will make us strong. Purg has has taken the first step and gotten these people to the door. The next step is for the rest of us to show them what it means to be KGB and how to survive in Darkfall. I encourage all of you Vets to take one or more of these new people under your wing. Teach them in TS3, take them out to help with feats, and stress that they do the same for the next round of recruits. We must must continue to recruit while we can or we will be back to not even fielding 1 group during prime time. Sure some of them will quit or maybe go to other clans but some of these people might be life long members or the next guy to save your ass in a fight.

I fully support you in this Purg and will help when and where I can.

[Linked Image]
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Purg, send me a list of what you need and I will provide it from my personal stock.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
W
War Offline
Former Member
Former Member
W
Sounds like you should make purg a recruitment officer jet. To hunt new blood. I would vote yes for him :). Would give him bank access and a bag were members could drop chain mail and other low items from PvP and shit for him to build bags. just a thought

Last edited by War; 07/21/13 10:49 PM.
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
Originally Posted By: Vuldan
Isn't it a crazy, crazy world. Purg, one of the first things you have done I agree with. Don't listen to anyone who tells you it's a bad idea. Just tell us what you need, and as you continue, I bet you help retain more than Zhou's statistical 10%. I have materials and some money for this. How many sets you need?

Haha. Your might be right maybe a little more than that might stay. I like to throw a low number out there so if its better I'm not disappointed.

There nothing wrong with trying and I'm not trying to turn him away from doing it either. Over the years of mass recruiting hundreds upon hundreds join and less than a hand full actually stay. You can't deny that plenty have used us for all the reasons listed. Crap even my DF friends list has over 50 ppl that were with us in the beginning and no longer around.

This is a full loot PVP game. They need to learn to stand on their own feet and have someone give them pointers along the way. Were not a starter guild or stepping stone to get geared and prowess to move on. This isn't WOW.

This is just my own stance on it. I don't like the mass recruiting model of gameplay. Its one thing to find a few guys here and there and grouping with them and find out hes a good fit. Many of the current people will leave or will eventually get pushed through recruiting and just vanish. Usually happens but the bonus of that few that stay will always be a plus.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KGB TS Server Administrator
KGB High Chancellor - Star Citizen
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
Originally Posted By: War
Sounds like you should make purg a recruitment officer jet. To hunt new blood. I would vote yes for him :). Would give him bank access and a bag were members could drop chain mail and other low items from PvP and shit for him to build bags. just a thought

That would be up to Mor essentially and he pretty much is already doing the job basically.

KGB Alumni
OP Offline
KGB Alumni
I don't like mass recruiting either but this is about to only opportunity to bring in new players to reach our 4 group goal. Once this steam sale is over there won't be many fish in the sea.

When I joined I had people give me gear I still can't use. The way I look at it is if they leave they are going to leave. A couple bags of starter gear and a couple monts isn't going to make a difference to my supply in the long or even medium term, however those that do stay if you give them a little boost in the beginning they become super loyal and clan first mentality is created and those same people end up giving back to the clan tenfold instead of only worrying about themselves because this is a full loot game.

You should hear them after I give them a couple sets of simple and they get their boosters. They say stuff like "Wow this makes farming so much easier" and "Man Purg we don't need you here anymore to kill everything for us."

You guys talk like I'm gearing them in full intricate and plan to for the rest of the game. I give them a couple sets of starter armor, a couple mounts, take them around to Scumling, salamanders, zombies, goblins, and skeleton spawns and once they get their first booster I shove them out in the real world on their own. Not only have I helped them boost the rate at which they gain prow but I've also showed them how to gear themselves and were to grind for ammo. Those that stay will loyal and clan centric for life instead of their number 1 priority be me me me. We need more clan centric members!

The only reason I even made this thread is I could use some help as I've about burnt through my resources. A lot of guys have stepped up and I have a pretty good stockpile going again. Few more things like mounts and some of the bigger pieces of armor like the chest helms and legs are needed. What I plan to work on today after work but help is greatly appreciated.

(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
Purg I think what they are worried about is the Clan bank itself funding this as a whole. Which is impossible. The clan bank cant keep up on its own.

Also in the past we have done stuff like this, and it made people lazy and expect the clan to gear them. If you are ensuring that they will go out and gear themselves when all their starter gear is gone, then I have no issues. But if they keep asking they will be told no eventually.

If you have people dropping already made stuff, that changes a lot.

I tend to hit the armor and weapon crates in safe zones frequently, i have added what i had into those new member bags. This takes absolutely no resources from me or the clan and still helps. As those crates always give stuff for low levels.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
My schedule it too hectic right now in a shortened summer term and work I get maybe an hour or two tops to get on at night. I don't have the time or resources to spend on all the new people.

On a side note tho I did give Val all my junk gear I've collected for awhile including Cloth,Leather,Plate, pots, and some weapons. I'll never use it, so hope it helps.

(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
Originally Posted By: Valaria
Purg I think what they are worried about is the Clan bank itself funding this as a whole. Which is impossible. The clan bank cant keep up on its own.

Also in the past we have done stuff like this, and it made people lazy and expect the clan to gear them. If you are ensuring that they will go out and gear themselves when all their starter gear is gone, then I have no issues. But if they keep asking they will be told no eventually.

If you have people dropping already made stuff, that changes a lot.

I tend to hit the armor and weapon crates in safe zones frequently, i have added what i had into those new member bags. This takes absolutely no resources from me or the clan and still helps. As those crates always give stuff for low levels.

This^

Leave it to Val to express it much better :)

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard