KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 37 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Raist
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,022,158 Trump card
1,339,365 Picture Thread
478,154 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
KGB Alumni
OP Offline
KGB Alumni
As many of you know I have been recruiting a lot of new players from the Steam sale. We as a group need to be proactive and get them in groups and out doing their kill feats. PvP is fun but if they do PvP all the time and don't work on prowess they won't ever become viable in PvP as more than just a meat shield.

We need to express to them that they need to be proactive and start groups on their own. This is the #1 thing I am pushing with the new guys.

I have created a bag in the bank named "New Players". Please put pieces of the 1st and 2nd armor for each class in the bags I have named. Simple, Fine, Padded, Studded, Chain, and Scale. Please also place arrows, dust, and beads as well as 2h greatsword in the bags. If you can donate mounts I would really appreciate it as I have burned through about 60 mounts so far.

If we can gear these newer players out with lowby gear none of you guys use they will gain prowess quicker and become viable assets to KGB. I have been running them around the Human newbie area showing them the best area to grind gold and arrows/dust/beads.

Please make it an effort to group and help these guys out, a month from now once they are leveled they will be standing side by side each of us and protecting our backs.

I wanted to say thanks to Luxor for the chain pieces and Brommas for the gold they have already donated to the cause. Remember the faster we get these guys leveled up the quicker they can start donating the mats the guild needs like fossils.

Thanks for the support of the people who have been helping me out with getting these guys setup on forums, ts3, and the game as well.

(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
To an extent I can see this viable. However, at this stage of the game it's hard to go out of the way and gear 20-30 people that you have gathered during the steam sale. It's really commendable and I am impressed by your work. I personally don't have the time right now to do nearly as much recruiting as you have maybe in the past. However, in truth only 10% of these individuals if that will remain with the guild. Others will use us for our resources and possibly spies among the rest. Gearing all of them is not viable. The best way will be to group and learn more about these individuals and see who will be a support to the KGB family in the long run. That's the problem with mass recruiting nearly 90% of the people you recruit have ill intentions. The job is to find that 10% that have the same ideals as you.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KGB TS Server Administrator
KGB High Chancellor - Star Citizen
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
It's a good thought but don't they need too realize that if u engage and your not ready or you did something stupid that you pay for your mistakes.. I'm all about getting fresh blood but they need to know the reality of the game. Or we gonna provide them spiked and intricate when they expect that too

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
This is just my personal opinion and mine alone. I think they should stay near and around safe zones until the get a better grasp of the game. Helping them with some of the things they need is OK, but we shouldn't be totally gearing them out. They need to have a stake in gathering resources to make their gear as well. It's like feeding a wild animal. If you keep giving them food then cut them off they won't know how to do it themselves when they really need it. That would lead up to frustration if they expect for everyone to gear them out. I would suggest for you not to give to much either, you may do all the work only for them to bail and go elsewhere, which in darkfall seems to happen more often than not.

But first thing is first, let them get all the safe zone mobs feats out of the way. That would be my suggestion.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Isn't it a crazy, crazy world. Purg, one of the first things you have done I agree with. Don't listen to anyone who tells you it's a bad idea. Just tell us what you need, and as you continue, I bet you help retain more than Zhou's statistical 10%. I have materials and some money for this. How many sets you need?

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Alumni
OP Offline
KGB Alumni
I've geared them all so far. Giving them 2-3 gears bag of the starter gear isn't going to break us and its only going to be usable for the first couple thousand prowess. By that time they have enough prowess and know how to go out and gather their own materials for gear. This is just to get them off the ground and to give them a slight boost in hitting their first 3k prow.

I am not talking about giving them gold, or high end gear. No where in my post did I say I wanted to give them spiked and intricate. I said simple, fine, chain....

And you are correct only 20-40% of these people will stay. but giving them 2-3 sets of simple/chain isn't a big deal.

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT dontate anything above the starter gear. I am teaching them all how and where to gather resources for them to make the rest of their gear.

Last edited by Purgatory; 07/21/13 08:35 PM.
W
War Offline
Former Member
Former Member
W
I think its a good idea however better to give a fishing pole than a fish.

KGB Alumni
OP Offline
KGB Alumni
Originally Posted By: Vuldan
Isn't it a crazy, crazy world. Purg, one of the first things you have done I agree with. Don't listen to anyone who tells you it's a bad idea. Just tell us what you need, and as you continue, I bet you help retain more than Zhou's statistical 10%. I have materials and some money for this. How many sets you need?

There is a bag in the clan bank named "New Players" inside is a bag for mounts and all 4 classes. Inside each bag is a bag for pieces of the 1st and 2nd armor class. Example, Simple and Fine. When I get a complete set I make a Go Bag which I then give to new players when I recruit them.

So if you can make some complete sets of Chain, Simple that would be most beneficial and turn them into Go Bags in the bank. Also mounts would be beneficial.

KGB Alumni
OP Offline
KGB Alumni
Originally Posted By: War
I think its a good idea however better to give a fishing pole than a fish.

I am teaching them all how to gear themselves don't worry!

W
War Offline
Former Member
Former Member
W
I know you are bro as with vuldan let me know if u need anything

Last edited by War; 07/21/13 08:51 PM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard