KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 71 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Binbs
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,030,539 Trump card
1,340,290 Picture Thread
478,700 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#118411 05/26/13 08:06 AM
HeRog Offline OP
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
A story about Saturday night...

lately Croisened and I have taken to running maps in a team of two. The thought is as a skirm he can get away if we are attacked as long as attack back and delay the guys attacking us. This has worked many times from groups of 5 to 10 easily, they are more than willing to focus on my mage while he sprints and mounts away...

Last night we were on Niff and working to do a medium map. We had run from the Chaos city to the NW most part of the map and were zeroing in on our maps location. Croisened spotted a mount in the water and shouted out the warning in TeamSpeak. He backed up and started running. I took my time to see what the guy coming was, and he was a 37k skirm (I am 43 elementalist) he charged me choosing to stay on his mount and fight me from the back of the mount. I shot a couple of spells into him and turned on attunement to air, giving him back a good portion of his damage, then I cast static field and popped my Large Health pot and ran around him in circles letting static field do its work and making myself a more difficult target. Finally he butted me with is animal and I died... I was not disappointed, I knew this was my role so that the map would get safely away and I told Croisened that I had died. Then suddenly I noticed something else... My opponent had died as well!!! We were lying next to each other on the ground and his mount was standing there un mounted. I called for Croisened to come back as quickly as he could and gank the enemy. He got back and ganked the guy and rezed me.

My point is, that I did better in this PVP than I have done yet with my elementalist because of the PVP fights on Thursday nights!

Thank you!

(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
This is awesome and one of the reasons I enjoy the Thursday nights. You can't win every fight in DF but with more reps comes more confidence and with more confidence comes more victories.

Hit me up in game today and I'll show you a few tricks for fighting against mounted people.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Well done, Donk hits the nail on the head. Confidence helps a lot while fighting in DF. One thing I see people doing where they shouldn't is ask what the prowess is o the person they are fighting. It doesn't matter what their prowess is, all that we know they could just be a crafter with most of their points going to masteries in crafting. Besides that there are people with high prowess that can't fight. On the other side of the spectrum there are those with lower prowess that are much tougher.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
While I have only participated in one Thursday night PVP session, I will say that reps do equal progress in terms of PVP. Yesterday while just semi-afk farming iron (I was alt-tabbed working on a project) I got jumped three times. I was able to tab back into the game, recover, and win all three fights. Naked fights when I am caught with my pants down historically haven't turned out that well.

It makes the game so much more enjoyable when you can win some fights like that. Takes the sting off the losses, that's for sure...

Link Copied to Clipboard