KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 37 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Raist
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,022,158 Trump card
1,339,365 Picture Thread
478,154 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Robots Could Put Humans Out of Work by 2045

Now cut this freeloading humanity of the dole and kick them to the curb.

Anyone would like me to connect the dots and spell out unemployment and wealth inequality implications of this trend?

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Please try.

Its kind of funny. Several hundred years ago, even a couple thousand - people said the same things.

Did you know that the steam engine was actually invented during the Roman era? It was not pursued because the work it would have done, was done by slaves - so whats the point?

Concept that economy self-restructures where not forcibly prevented from doing so is apparently lost on many people for some reason.

Did you know, that 98% of humanity used to work on the farm - that it required that much of the population to work in agriculture so everyone could be fed? Of course now, its only around 2%... and everyone else is of course unemployed, left with nothing to do.... amirite?

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Yes, steam engine and industrial revolution is a good analogy, so don't forget to include poverty, forced urbanization, and social turmoil that resulted from it.

I have hard times believing that we could all find work writing apps and/or in sales&marketing if robotization takes off. Our current social net system is unprepared to deal with consequences of this.

Didn't know about steam engine and Romans. Reference?

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: sini
Robots Could Put Humans Out of Work by 2045

Now cut this freeloading humanity of the dole and kick them to the curb.

Anyone would like me to connect the dots and spell out unemployment and wealth inequality implications of this trend?

Impossible, robot utopia is far in the future, and mankind will always find a way to work until then. Lets not forget the 3rd world countries that cant afford to buy all the shiny robots.
Robot utopia will take hundreds of years to come about in a slow replacement of human work force, which will include colonization of space, and yet humans will still have jobs.

Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Originally Posted By: sini
Yes, steam engine and industrial revolution is a good analogy, so don't forget to include poverty, forced urbanization, and social turmoil that resulted from it.

I have hard times believing that we could all find work writing apps and/or in sales&marketing if robotization takes off. Our current social net system is unprepared to deal with consequences of this.

Didn't know about steam engine and Romans. Reference?

Humans have never been perfect. There are always issues. Just, finding new things to do after old tasks become obsolete has never been one. At least on a macro scale over time - macro displacement is temporary.

As for the Roman steam engine, I suggest google - was something I read about in college , current references I could conjure are going to be the same ones you conjure by typing "roman steam engine" in your browser.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Isnt robots making everything and the end of capitalism where the whole Zeitgeist thing ends up heading?

I always think of the Eloi...

KGB Darkfall
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Implications of large degree of robotization is that society as it exists today, with a current flavor of capitalism, would not possible.

A portion of wealth will have to be redirected toward sustaining now unproductive segment of society that was displaced by robots. In other words, a nanny state that most of you use as a boogeyman.

How do you think US will look like with DOW at 200,000 (present day dollars) and 50% unemployment?

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

If there is 50% unemployment, it will be because govt has made it impossible to create/do work.

You seem to believe that just because what some people currently do will be replaced, that they will be incapable of doing anything else of value.

I honestly cant understand that.

Though I do think it might be the case that we develop a much larger "shadow economy" where a great portion of economic activity goes "off the books".

Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council

[Linked Image]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Derid, I wish I lived in your simple world where every problem is caused by Government intervention.

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard