KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 70 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Stealth Hawk
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,027,385 Trump card
1,339,567 Picture Thread
478,260 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: sini
Stubs I am genuinely amazed at your ability to string together all this right wing swamp fever and never worry about staying consistent.

Here is chain of events: Agriculture subsidies distort price of corn, making high fructose corn syrup(HFCS) a disproportionally cheap sweetener. Public is hard-wired to prefer sweet, but HFCS is least sweet alternative, resulting in substantial extra calories at the same sweetness level as alternatives. This results in extra calories consumed from nearly all prepared food, as a result obesity levels of general population is getting worse and medical costs going up for everyone involved.

How we pay for medical costs is irrelevant, 100% private insurance distributing costs to you by increasing premium or Obamacare directly taxing you - your costs will still go up even if you are not obese. These are systemic costs.

This has nothing to do with illegal aliens using hospitals, Agenda 21 and UN, or any other boogeyman you can invent.

You seem to forget its not a tax that Obamacare is charging you its a fee. You should reread your liberal manual before posting each time so you don't make a mistake.

Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
You're doing it wrong. Don't buy the pre-prepared crap they sell you in the grocery store.

I do that already, but I can't assume I am anywhere near the norm. Again, due to my socioeconomic situation I can't take what *I* do and extrapolate to averages.

[Linked Image]
KGB High Knight
KGB High Knight
Meh. I dont know what 21 and UN are. I know what I've seen firsthand, so dont be telling me it's not happening. As for consistency, im posting on a phone from work when I have downtime. Its hard to go start to finish on one thought without being interrupted :(

STUBS!

Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Stubs
I know what I've seen firsthand, so dont be telling me it's not happening.

Did you actually seen firsthand illegal aliens using emergency rooms for healthcare? I am sure it happens, but I see it as a red herring issue.

Since we are talking about healthcare, a) uninsured citizens, b) uninsured green card holders, c) illegal aliens all relying on emergency rooms for health care is a problem. If I had to guess a >>> b+c.

Yes, not all diabetes are result of "lifestyle choices" and this is exactly why we can't apply "tax the consequences" approach. Otherwise problem would be simple - slap labels on food, then if you get fat and diabetic gorging yourself on junk food you pay more into healthcare to compensate society for having to deal with your mess... but it can't work that way.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
You're doing it wrong. Don't buy the pre-prepared crap they sell you in the grocery store.

I do that already, but I can't assume I am anywhere near the norm. Again, due to my socioeconomic situation I can't take what *I* do and extrapolate to averages.
So, you just assume that everyone else is too stupid to do this? You're just smarter than everyone else, so you should tell them how to live?

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
50% of people are below average intelligence.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
50% of people are below average intelligence.
Does that give you the authority, via the force of government, to tell them what to do? I believe it does not and that belief is the fundamental foundation of our nation.

Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Idiocracy comes to mind.

Human society does establish the norms of behavior that discriminate against outliers. We don't allow sexual deviants molest our children, we don't permit overly-aggressive people assault physically weaker individuals, we don't allow stealing, cheating and number of other ills in our society.

Your absolutist stance is unjustifiable in the light of what we already do.

Last edited by sini; 03/14/13 07:20 AM.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
So, your argument is: "if the stupids are allowed to breed, they will overtake the rest of us."?

You've just described examples of preventing people from doing harm to other people, not themselves. There is a HUGE distinction there that I assume you're ignoring because it doesn't fit your paradigm.

Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Idiocracy's argument (not mine) is that if stupid people are out-breeding intelligent people, over time this will select for stupidity. Thankfully, there isn't allele for intelligence, rather it is secondary effect and expression of number of genes.

Best current explanation is that there are hundreds of genes that regulate various functions that also affect intelligence. When all of them are expressed, you get Einstein, when all but 1 expressed you just get very smart people. To get to Tea Party Fox-watching mouth-breather level you have to go fairly deep into opposite territory and it is equally unlikely to happen.

As such, our genetics strongly select for normal distribution of intelligence and selective pressures on individual alleles are unlikely to move the median.

[Linked Image]
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard