KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 54 guests, and 25 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Stealth Hawk
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,029,039 Trump card
1,339,747 Picture Thread
478,311 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Derid, instead of ideological trolling, address below:

Quote:
Humans are not neutral, unbiased or even always acting in owns best self-interest. Evolution dragged in a lot of baggage, as such your fundamental assumption of rational self-interested player is flawed. Combine this with flawed assumption of perfect information and you "free market" palace is built on sand.

Now to corn sugar example. Humans are hard-wired to prefer sweetness. Sweeter is universally valued as better. High fructose corn sweetener taste less sweet than alternatives, as such it takes significantly more calories to get to the same sweetness level. Is this the fault of corn sweetener producer? No, blame is so distributed between all players that it is easy to make individual case of innocence.

Still, you have a systemic problem where people get trained to eat sweet things and then pumped with sugar until our healthcare system collapses from treating diabetes and obesity.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Its not ideological trolling. I think a society where people are told they are and are treated in effect as imbeciles, is not a society worth having. Have you fully fleshed out your solution or considered for the enormous social, psychological and practical downsides? So far you have something you consider to be a problem, and a very vague solution.

Maybe if you clarified your proposed solution I would understand it better. Right now all I see is a very lopsided, top-down society with very little individual autonomy.

You edited in that above quote to a prior post - but my response is unchanged. Inform people, so that their behavior may change. There is no need to use force.

If people in end decide that they like eating sweets, regardless of whether or not you approve - then you should respect their decision to do so as they should respect your decisions regarding your own life and diet.

Humans are sovereign individuals, not groups or herds. The way Govt interacts with the populace should reflect that.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
You think someone decides to get obese, diabetic, and die early?

Humans are social animals, we evolved in packs and tribes and our ability to build societies is a result of this. Individualism to a degree that you espouse is nothing short of anarchy.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Not hardly, it is the current status quo and has been for centuries. I hardly consider this anarchy.

Though the way I understand you plans, is more akin to the drug war than anything. Spending lots of effort and lots of money, infringing on civil and personal liberty... mostly to keep people from "harming themselves". Sure, in some regards there are addicts whose problems spill over to affect others. But the solution has still been far worse than the problem.

And yes, people choose to engage in unhealthy behavior all the time knowing full well the implications.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
So Derid, you wouldn't object if I add crack into drinking water and then when people get addicted charge everyone 10k/month in utilities? After all, if they don't want to get addicted they wouldn't drink tap water.

[Linked Image]
KGB High Knight
KGB High Knight
Sini, that's a ridiculous extreme and you know it. However, please test your theory, as doing so will land you some VIP treatment in one of your favorite BIG GOVERNMENT resort locations. Just don't drop the soap.

STUBS!

Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Stubs, but that would be evil guberment enacting violence on business transactions! /sarcasm

Can you explain the difference between

addicting people to sugar via normal consumption patterns and then profiting from selling them more

AND

addicting people to crack via normal consumption patterns and then profiting from selling them more

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

False equivalence, unless you really think that without the current state of the "War on Drugs" that adding crack to the water supply would somehow have flown. Which you dont.

I asked you to go into more detail, but from the info you have thus far dispersed... you are proposing a New War on Drugs. Using the same justifications.

You have established there is a "problem". OK.

What you have not established, is that your solution would not be worse.

KGB High Knight
KGB High Knight
Crack is illegal, sugar isn't, so there's that. Not that it matters to you liberals, the only thing you know is your own delusional reality. In which it is apparently ok to dump crack into the water supply.

Its a choice dude. How hard is that for you to grasp. I know Burger King burgers are worse then A burger I grilled at home, you know what I was in a hurry tonight and so I made the choice to grab a whopper and fries.

I choose to buy ORIGINAL JELLO pudding and jello, not that gross sugar and/or fat free stuff. Its only bad for you if it is all you eat or drink. To much of anything is bad for you.

STOP TRYING TO TELL ME WHAT I CAN AND CANNOT DO FOR/TO/WITH MYSELF. You people are crossing lines, and one day you're going to go to far and there's going to be problems that talking alone won't fix.

STUBS!

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard