KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 71 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Binbs
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,030,539 Trump card
1,340,290 Picture Thread
478,700 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
I disagree Jet, everyone and I do mean everyone respects you or say Donk regardless of what you say or do, whether you fail or succeed, in anything you desire to push forward or make official. It is a double standard, and cannot be observed by those who garner such respect or honors so I would not expect anyone to really notice the negativity I endured as opposed to what they commonly receive. I would think actions speak louder than words and I have throughout my time here served in whatever capacity I could, and no matter what I've done here all I've received is 100% of the blame, or hostility, the worst part is as each person jumps on the bandwagon when the wagon does finally run me through it was 20 times heavier than it should. so how can that phenomenon be explained?

Well from my perspective only one way, I must be wrong or people must be kissing certain peoples ass, or both. Either way I lose so, I have refrained from trying to do any further damage, but as the H8 box shows when I do go quite people see their chance to twist that knife in deeper and I respond. So who's the real villain here? I can't see how it is me simply because I respond to the H8 being thrown at me. forget it...I'm going back to where the real fun is.

all this BS in this thread is exactly what I mean by being made the villain and getting slapped in the face.

With all due respect (And respect is due), you chose this path for yourself. You and several others engaged in the most heated and borderline joking in the history of this organization. Once you choose that path, it is hard to tell what is a joke and what is real. I saw this progress to the point that people left, and some friendships were damaged.

You cant have it both ways, and I dont envy your position at all.

As for me personally, I am a Drakiis fan despite some rough times between us.

As for my tenor as a leader, I have been through everything you can imagine. I have endured some of the worst betrayals you can imagine. From sabotage, to embezzlement, to outright theft, and some of the worst coup attempts you can imagine. It is a thankless job.

I can see this climate is no fun for you, and if I were you I would make a post that my guild friends could see and state the following:

"I have engaged in some serious teasing and questionable humor over the years and it is affecting my ability to enjoy my membership in this organization. I would ask all of my brothers and sisters to call it quits as I am going to when it comes to this kind of humor. I will treat you all with respect in word and deed if you would all offer the same back to me. I appreciate your understanding in this matter"

I would certainly respect something like this, and would encourage you to try it.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
I know there is almost zero chance that you'd listen to this Drakiis, but really, nobody here is after you. You were one of the people trying to push for a change in how things are done, disagreements got heated and spiraled out of control. At this point this issue is done and over with. I really think you are confusing people disagreeing with people going after you.

What you went through is not that uncommon, I see it in young and inexperienced managers all the time. They get excited about possibilities and get big ideas they are eager to try, but then they forget that organization they are part of has its own organizational culture with a lot of inertia. Still, they push and push and end up breaking rudder.

[Linked Image]
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
{popcorn}

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: sini

What you went through is not that uncommon, I see it in young and inexperienced managers all the time. They get excited about possibilities and get big ideas they are eager to try, but then they forget that organization they are part of has its own organizational culture with a lot of inertia. Still, they push and push and end up breaking rudder.

Your example isn't limited to "young and inexperienced" leaders; this scenario is also often spawned by those who take the helm because they have the foresight to identify something in need of change, they think outside the box, or because they envision a more efficient/better methodology than staying the historic course; this is very relevant to new ventures.

Your illustration can traverse multiple paths. I've spent most of my working life in Enterprise environments, and have observed several outcomes to this scenario:

A) The outcome which you portrayed, in which the currents of the organization keep to the destined path and business continues as usual; anything fighting the currents eventually tires fighting it and either steps in line, or leaves.

B) Eager manager steps in and tries to make changes, but ends up either burning out, or leaving, and the Division eventually dies out: those proposed changes were exactly what it needed to retain interest/relevance.

C) Eager manager steps in and makes changes, which are accepted, and end up being exactly what the Division needed to persist/grow.

Etc.

- Wildcard / Tiernan
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
My issues with certain people started long before the H8 box fiasco, and the goading there in. Case in point the words of a redeemed traitor or various arm chair aggressors and their hostile posts. Instead of a discussion my ideas were met with outright profanity, and when I defended them (because nobody else would) I was crucified and villainous, by those party to the conversation and those outside of the discussion siding with them. Receiving hate PM's concerning the discussion, directing me as at fault for my perspectives and personal opinions (of which I am apparently the only person here not allowed to have), or getting PM's of peace cloaked in friendship laced with blame and insinuating my downfalls or wrong doing.

This leading me to believe a Traitors word was well received more so then my own good standing word, and that a good nature effort for change was unwelcome as opposed to the willful and unflinching dogma of the stubborn tyrannical view points commanded by a knight/s of equal rank. I bow before no one, lest it be Jet or Romes, and to assume I should shows them a spoiled bully, or those attempting to have me capitulate and fall to my knees in supplication a ignorant wretch unworthy of knighthood in MY OPINION. All that was asked is that I be given voice in some cases, or offer ideas in others, and nary a kind word be offered, nor encouraging would it be, and if in disagreement then let it be simply so no need for further poisoned words. My how quick were they to feast upon my bones to see my fall. Poetics aside, there are only two ways I'd lead any faction, especially PS2 now, both of which I highly doubt possible and both of which I leave you all to contemplate.

I thank those of you with kind words, especially you Jet.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Poetics aside, there are only two ways I'd lead any faction, especially PS2 now, both of which I highly doubt possible and both of which I leave you all to contemplate.

I cant contemplate that which I do not know or understand.

Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Magusto Offline OP
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
I didn't mean to kindle old flames and the post was more of a question whether or not there will be a stuctured enviornment like Guild Wars 2 currently is.

The OP was not typed very well and was more accusatory than I thought while typing. I guess I just love the hype KGB gets about games close to release and tried to see if there were others w/ that feeling playing planetside 2.

My being ever so naive about the entire backlog of the situation, whatever members from KGB are playing planetside 2 I plan to play with and can't wait to do so.

Last edited by Magusto; 10/26/12 07:39 AM.

[Linked Image from img401.imageshack.us]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: JetStar
Poetics aside, there are only two ways I'd lead any faction, especially PS2 now, both of which I highly doubt possible and both of which I leave you all to contemplate.

I cant contemplate that which I do not know or understand.

Basically I'm saying use your own imagination, if anything I've said means anything to you then I am sure you'll know what I'm talking about or what I'm looking for from KGB. I will attempt to attend this PS2 meeting, if I haven't already missed it, but do not expect much of a voice from me, I'll be there to represent a Signal Post to the things that were, while I look to see what things become, and the expectations or duties placed upon me as a simple Knight. Because I will not be a party to anymore issues, I have enough in my own life.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
I am scheduling the meeting when I return for this coming week.

Star Citizen Hanger:
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard