KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 71 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Binbs
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,030,539 Trump card
1,340,290 Picture Thread
478,700 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Magusto Offline OP
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
I am a little concerned about the state of KGB in Planetside 2. It seems when it was first announced everyone was talking about it and couldn't wait to play.

Now it seems, with only a month to go, no one could care less. I can understand with the release of Guild Wars 2 quite a bit of players went over there no problem,

There just doesn't seems to be any stucture for Planetside 2, when every other KGB game there was, especially this close to live.

Perhaps I am missing all the posts and nightly meet ups to get ready for the game and if I am, then disregaurd this post.
Also I hope not to offend anyone, just want to play some Planetside 2 in the name of KGB.

[Linked Image from img401.imageshack.us]
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
It's the curse of SoE that is keeping a lot of people away from this title. When you shit the bed as hard as SoE has over the last decade its hard to get the core to come back to be burned one more time. In addition to the SoE curse, you have other games that have come out that feed the need for FPS without all the time sink that PS2 is going to suck out of you if you want to be even remotely competitive on a regular basis.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
I think this has mostly to do with the fact that the person who was driving PS2 initiative burned out even before the game shipped.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
No, get your facts straight and don't make assumptions about what you don't know. As I made abundantly clear, I will lead no faction that is not supported by the guild or it's leadership, and I will not lead a faction where I am disrespected and ridiculed by those who do not have the balls to stand up and lead one themselves, instead can only seem to find the time to whine, bitch, or criticize the effort. I will not do favors for the guild, nor those members who see those actions as being okay, I have given my offer of service and have had (on multiple occasions) my face slapped by many. As I said, you want a PS2 Faction, then you lead it. I fight while you talk.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Its time to let the SoE hate die. They are making lots of positive changes. The most positive change for me is the way they are communicating with players. I dont know any other company who has communicated this much with the fan base. Can you guys think of one? Another thing they are doing is actually advertising there product unlike before. Did we even see advertising for any SoE pc product prior to planetside2? I know social media is helping a great deal in this but still I'm impressed. Yes it may take time to get your player customised how you want it in ps2 but you can be Battle Rank nothing and still be competitive. I know its beta still but I go to school full time, work in a salaried position, and have a family and I can still manage to log in and get into the action. Im happy that GW2 is doing so well and I hope we can implement that same model in PS2. To do this we need someone who will be a good leader who also has a deep interest for the game which I know drak does. I dont know the facts but can we move past the h8 please and direct it towards the other factions in ps2? Every friday night they are doing spotlights on different guilds involved in ps2 wouldnt that be cool to have a KGB recognized as a kickass outfit to be a part of? That is all for now. Peace.

Play To Crush!
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Yes. Everquest, Everquest 2, DC Online. All were heavily advertised. It isn't about the developers at SoE, its about the business people, namely John Smedley who is still running things for PS2, was responsible for SWG and EQ2 debacles. It's warranted caution from a business group that is known to blow up AAA titles after about a year post launch with crappy business decisions that ruin the game due to downward pressure on the developers.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
We are getting quite a following and lots of recruits in GW2. I think that translates into some new blood for KGB over the long term and possibly with the release of PS2 and other upcoming games.

Perhaps a fresh front page article and non-member chat message might catch the eye of some of the new recruits, I know you have done update from time to time just saying maybe time for another.

(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
No, get your facts straight and don't make assumptions about what you don't know. As I made abundantly clear, I will lead no faction that is not supported by the guild or it's leadership, and I will not lead a faction where I am disrespected and ridiculed by those who do not have the balls to stand up and lead one themselves, instead can only seem to find the time to whine, bitch, or criticize the effort. I will not do favors for the guild, nor those members who see those actions as being okay, I have given my offer of service and have had (on multiple occasions) my face slapped by many. As I said, you want a PS2 Faction, then you lead it. I fight while you talk.

As you can imagine, I strongly disagree. Leadership is tough, and as you know, there is little respect offered and it is always a thankless job.

I always do my best to support faction leadership as much as possible. I don't want to revisit this, but there was a new movement that only active members should have a say in this organization. This is something I strongly disagree with. Involvement is cyclical in a 15 year old organization. Just because you have not played a game recently, does not take away from your contributions of the past, and everyone who has contributed should have a voice. Some folks allowed this to get heated, and I was uncomfortable with where it was going. In this case one of the parties left the organization, and there has been no additional discussion on this topic.

Originally Posted By: KGB General Order #1
KGB Citizens have been striving to present themselves as honorable, respectable, and chivalrous since 1997. In the beginning, we came together to combat those whose existence was based on ruining the gaming experience for others. Over time we have evolved, but a basic idea and code remains. Respect both your fellow Citizens, Friends, and Foes alike whenever possible. Problems will occur and tempers will flare. Help solve the problems with calm discussion and be respectful to others if possible. Some of our foes may not deserve this respect, but do your best to offer it. Always try to respect these ideals and the many members who came before you. Always consider your nations reputation that we all have worked hard to maintain since 1997. It was this bond that brought us all together and keeps us strong.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: JetStar

As you can imagine, I strongly disagree. Leadership is tough, and as you know, there is little respect offered and it is always a thankless job.

I always do my best to support faction leadership as much as possible. I don't want to revisit this, but there was a new movement that only active members should have a say in this organization. This is something I strongly disagree with. Involvement is cyclical in a 15 year old organization. Just because you have not played a game recently, does not take away from your contributions of the past, and everyone who has contributed should have a voice. Some folks allowed this to get heated, and I was uncomfortable with where it was going. In this case one of the parties left the organization, and there has been no additional discussion on this topic.

KGB Citizens have been striving to present themselves as honorable, respectable, and chivalrous since 1997. In the beginning, we came together to combat those whose existence was based on ruining the gaming experience for others. Over time we have evolved, but a basic idea and code remains. Respect both your fellow Citizens, Friends, and Foes alike whenever possible. Problems will occur and tempers will flare. Help solve the problems with calm discussion and be respectful to others if possible. Some of our foes may not deserve this respect, but do your best to offer it. Always try to respect these ideals and the many members who came before you. Always consider your nations reputation that we all have worked hard to maintain since 1997. It was this bond that brought us all together and keeps us strong.

Not trying to kindle old fires (from the sounds of things), but I have to toss my 2 copper's in:

First off, I completely agree that Leadership is tough, and 99% thank-less. My hats off to those who take on these roles, because I'm getting to cranky/opinionated to do so. ;)

While I agree that all members are respected, and have a voice in the organization, only members Active in a specific official Faction should have an influencing role in that Active Faction.

So long as that Active Faction keeps its actions within the realm of the KGB Codes and Laws, and maintains the KGB image, then the active participants should be free to mold things to fit the needs/environment of that specific Faction. The active Faction's participating officers, and participating members should control the environment.

The peanut gallery will never have a clear picture of the live Faction's environment if they are not actively participating in it, thus they should not be affecting that Faction unless it falls under a violation of KGB Codes, Laws, etc.

/salute

- Wildcard / Tiernan
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: JetStar
Originally Posted By: Drakiis

I disagree Jet, everyone and I do mean everyone respects you or say Donk regardless of what you say or do, whether you fail or succeed, in anything you desire to push forward or make official. It is a double standard, and cannot be observed by those who garner such respect or honors so I would not expect anyone to really notice the negativity I endured as opposed to what they commonly receive. I would think actions speak louder than words and I have throughout my time here served in whatever capacity I could, and no matter what I've done here all I've received is 100% of the blame, or hostility, the worst part is as each person jumps on the bandwagon when the wagon does finally run me through it was 20 times heavier than it should. so how can that phenomenon be explained?

Well from my perspective only one way, I must be wrong or people must be kissing certain peoples ass, or both. Either way I lose so, I have refrained from trying to do any further damage, but as the H8 box shows when I do go quite people see their chance to twist that knife in deeper and I respond. So who's the real villain here? I can't see how it is me simply because I respond to the H8 being thrown at me. forget it...I'm going back to where the real fun is.

all this BS in this thread is exactly what I mean by being made the villain and getting slapped in the face.

Last edited by Drakiis; 10/24/12 06:45 PM.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard