KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 59 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,035,279 Trump card
1,342,337 Picture Thread
480,425 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#104417 09/07/12 06:33 PM
Cheerio Offline OP
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVyNlJUKgug&sns=em

Im a teacher, so i speak with Absolute Moral Authority on this subject: public sector unions must be destroyed.
even corporations dont force their members to political campaigns.

KGB Darkfall
Cheerio #104445 09/08/12 06:36 AM
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
My personal view on this issue is that Teaching in America failing our country. Whatever reasons are, it is now simply storing kids for a number of years instead of identifying and cultivating leaders of tomorrow.

I suspect, but don't know for sure, that teachers unions are part of the problem. I also suspect that regulations, specifically focus on special needs and so on (it is VERY expensive, we simply cannot afford all of the programs) to detriment of regular education is a contributing factor.

My kids will go to a private school. Boarding school if my residence location doesn't permit commute. It is that important.

[Linked Image]
Cheerio #104457 09/08/12 07:08 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Holy flying spaghetti monster!! Sinij, quick, change your password or find the conservative who is hiding in your house, using your computer! :)

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Kaotic #104473 09/08/12 09:16 AM
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
I am actually much more conservative on fiscal issues than any of you would give me a credit for, mostly I am fiscally conservative socially liberal person. I also happen to be very evidence-based in my fiscal conservatism, so this outright disqualifies me from agreeing with the current crop of GOP and current brand of cut-taxes-and-spend spendthrifts.

Lets not turn this thread into frothing about keynesianism and stick to the topic - teachers and teachers uninions.

Last edited by sinij; 09/08/12 09:22 AM.

[Linked Image]
Cheerio #104500 09/08/12 12:01 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
:( but I do so enjoy frothing over Keynesian policies.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Sini #104505 09/08/12 01:52 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: sinij
I am actually much more conservative on fiscal issues than any of you would give me a credit for, mostly I am fiscally conservative socially liberal person. I also happen to be very evidence-based in my fiscal conservatism, so this outright disqualifies me from agreeing with the current crop of GOP and current brand of cut-taxes-and-spend spendthrifts.

Ha, I knew we were more alike then you are willing to let on. You go Brother Sinij.

Kaotic #104509 09/08/12 02:08 PM
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
:( but I do so enjoy frothing over Keynesian policies.

We all have our vices that we do behind closed doors.

[Linked Image]
Cheerio #104528 09/08/12 05:22 PM
Cheerio Offline OP
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
you all have no idea
the number if kids being identified as special ed has exploded due to broadening of the definitions
the emphasis on high stakes tests has destroyed the arts, music, athletics, clubs, pe, shop classes to the point of extinction
everyone is forced into a college-prep schedule to feed the beast of higher education, when only 22% of all jobs require a 4 year degree
and, on a political note, the vast influx of ignorant foreigners into my state (california) is wrecking the entire system.
50% of uc students (my wife teaches at one) need remediation
the teachers know- my kids go to private school and teachers' kids are far overrepresented in private school

the smart kids are the ones that suffer the most, they are bored. their attitude sucks and we lose them forever
the kids who arent smart, that could have really benefitted and learned trades from shop and art classes just drop out. more losses to society

i can tell you that the amount of waste is appalling. most of it is due to the people at the state level handing down ridiculous directives. when i talk about petty bureaucrats, shiftless sincures, and regulation, try to understand that a lot of my opinions have been shaped by 14 years in this business.

the union is responsible for almost all of this, directly or indirectly because they wield so much power in this state.

just be aware, sinij, that the school your kids go to will almost certainly be religious, if its private. i suspect your opinions will change once you have contact with normal people.

KGB Darkfall
Cheerio #104529 09/08/12 05:43 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Cheerio
you all have no idea
the number if kids being identified as special ed has exploded due to broadening of the definitions
the emphasis on high stakes tests has destroyed the arts, music, athletics, clubs, pe, shop classes to the point of extinction
everyone is forced into a college-prep schedule to feed the beast of higher education, when only 22% of all jobs require a 4 year degree
and, on a political note, the vast influx of ignorant foreigners into my state (california) is wrecking the entire system.
50% of uc students (my wife teaches at one) need remediation
the teachers know- my kids go to private school and teachers' kids are far overrepresented in private school

the smart kids are the ones that suffer the most, they are bored. their attitude sucks and we lose them forever
the kids who arent smart, that could have really benefitted and learned trades from shop and art classes just drop out. more losses to society

i can tell you that the amount of waste is appalling. most of it is due to the people at the state level handing down ridiculous directives. when i talk about petty bureaucrats, shiftless sincures, and regulation, try to understand that a lot of my opinions have been shaped by 14 years in this business.

the union is responsible for almost all of this, directly or indirectly because they wield so much power in this state.

just be aware, sinij, that the school your kids go to will almost certainly be religious, if its private. i suspect your opinions will change once you have contact with normal people.

You hit the nail on the head.

The unions would cry, but I like Ron Pauls idea of doing away with the department of education, and letting states take care of the education.

(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang
I like Ron Pauls idea of doing away with the department of education, and letting states take care of the education.

This is not my strong topic, but I always thought the Department of Education could maintain and enforce standards that the states could meet in any way they chose.

The scary thing to me is when a state goes off the deep end and starts to re-write history as recently happened in the Texas.

In my childhood, they painted Christopher Columbus as hero savior, when in reality he was a brutal tyrant. At least offer both sides and let folks decide for themselves.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard