Originally Posted By: Derid

So, in simple yes or no terms - "Sinij: the only alternative to any regulation being good, is complete and total deregulation." - this previous paraphrasing of your position no longer applies?

Derid, it takes two to debate. When you twist my words into unrecognizable mess that even I, supposed author, have difficulty understand what you refer to, then you are only participating in monologue.

Obviously bad regulation can and does happen. When you have almost unregulated environment enabling oligarchy, any regulation, even on we know outright is bad or lawfare, is preferable to continuation of no-regulation environment. Something that badly or ineffectively regulated can be later fixed and refined, something that is not regulated at all creates systemic damage with taxpayers on the hook. I would rather deal with market distortions than 2B2F.

Phrase "any regulation is good" you keep clinging to was specifically referring to financial regulation, or Dodd-Frank if you want to label "any", where my point was, and still is, that it is preferable to badly regulate to allowing continuation of "business as usual".

[Linked Image]