Originally Posted By: sinij
Pregnant protester kicked and peper sprayed

Quote:
Pregnant Woman Miscarries After Being Sprayed With Pepper Spray

"I was standing in the middle of the crowd when the police started moving in," she says. "I was screaming, 'I am pregnant, I am pregnant. Let me through. I am trying to get out.'"

At that point, a Seattle police officer lifted his foot and it hit her in the stomach, and another officer pushed his bicycle into the crowd, again hitting Fox in the stomach. "Right before I turned, both cops lifted their pepper spray and sprayed me. My eyes puffed up and my eyes swelled shut," she says.

She was fine for a couple days, until she started feeling sick.

Jennifer went to the doctor and found out her baby had no heartbeat. "They said the damage was from the kick and that the pepper spray got to it [the fetus], too."

OK, If you were pregnant why would you risk your baby standing in the middle of a crowd, especially knowing something like this could happen. I think that's a bad mother. Now the Police ASSUME people would be "RESPONSIBLE" enough to not go somewhere like that pregnant, especially giving the physicality that's been going on.

I seen people with kids at the Tea Party demonstrations. But the thing is, they never were anarchists tearing up shit, camping out shitting all over the place. Myself I wouldn't take a kid younger than 10 to a peaceful protest, I wouldn't take one at all if I knew the history of those protest having police involved. It's simply a bad choice.

I would have respected these protests if they were done how the Tea party protested. There was no camping out, No Violent confrontation. They came they protested they left, YET! their message still got out like it or not. You don't have to go breaking shit, spending MORE tax payer dollars and trying to cause anarchy at the expense of making police officers look bad because they are doing what they are told to. These Wall Street Protesters are a bunch of misguided idiots, they need to protest the douche bags that make the laws and regulations that govern wall street.

So, the police in this incident with the pregnant woman should be investigated to make sure they didn't over step their authority. Also, someone should tell that woman, and any other idiot that goes to a protest. Maybe they should leave their kids at home, or if they are pregnant maybe they shouldn't be in the middle of the goddamn crowd.