The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Sini How about this for freedom and constitution? - 11/16/11 09:31 PM
Arrests and Evictions over "safety concerns".

Quote:
We had to take the issue seriously because of the way we had been threatened by the sergeant at the Seventh Precinct, who warned us before our release that if “I returned to my friends, the protesters,” a second arrest would be treated far more seriously: our information would be fed into a federal database, to follow us forever. I recall speaking to him through the cell bars: “But officer, if I checked the law this time in order to obey it and still got arrested, how do I avoid getting arrested again?” He acknowledged that I had not disobeyed the law but pointed out that if police cite “safety concerns,” they can arrest anyone anywhere, no matter what the law says. Of course, nothing we had done — walking peacefully on a sidewalk in single file, not blocking traffic — had posed a safety threat.
They have the right to detain you for 48 hours and stick you in a cell without any cause.

The counter effect to that is you have the right to file a complaint and litigate for harassment and being falsely detained.

We live in a Republic, not a true Democracy. With the erosion of civil liberties under the GOP leadership since Nixon, you should be use to stupid shit like this by now.

We live in a quasi Police State Republic, put on your big boi pants and get use to it, or do something about it, or leave the country.

That is all.
Isn't that park privately owned? Instead of making the city look like a campground reeking of shit, why not hold protest every 48 hours or so? Wouldn't that be a smarter plan? Squatting someplace will never be tolerated past a couple weeks. I thought the majority of progressives were supposed to be smart? I guess common sense is a no show with them!

I agree with Tas
Quote:
We live in a quasi Police State Republic, put on your big boi pants and get use to it, or do something about it, or leave the country.
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
With the erosion of civil liberties under the GOP leadership since Nixon

You have that wrong tas its under the Democat party grated Nixon was a dumbass.

The thing that disturbed me about the eviction was not the eviction itself - but the fact that they were barring news media from covering it. ( I was watching the live streams that did exist )

The Dems are as much a part of the Police State as any sinij. If you want to do something about the Police State you have one credible option: Ron Paul and the Campaign for Liberty movement.

http://www.campaignforliberty.org/
Crackdowns on protesters

Quote:
There was outrage after an 84-year-old Seattle woman was hit by police pepper spray during a march the night before.

Clearly, grandmas are such threat to public safety.

Were you directing that statement at me? If so, why?
Well, you should have used your second amendment when the Patriot Act was signed. But maybe Abdul was too much of a threat to think about freedom.

Originally Posted By: sinij
Crackdowns on protesters

Quote:
There was outrage after an 84-year-old Seattle woman was hit by police pepper spray during a march the night before.

If you go to these protest and the police tell you to leave and you don't, if you get pepper sprayed it is now your fault. I don't give a fuck if your 180 you know what your getting into and what may happen.

Yeah, I'm sure she was standing there by herself just minding her own business when she got sprayed. What an asinine premiss.
Quote:

Apparently you never knew my Grandma!
Policing of OWS
I suppose some should be elated that the folks attending the event aren't as heavy handed as the police.
I've never been a fan of peaceful demonstrations. They are a waste of time and, for the most part, get
ignored.

The police are resorting to heavy handed tactics for intimidation purposes.

If they continue, one of two things will happen:

1) The protesters will get tired of the abuse and slowly go away.
or
2) The protesters will get tired of the abuse and this will escalate into something very ugly.

Hilarious how the police can spray crowds of folks with ( insert
your favorite irritant here ), yet if someone dared to spray the
police with even a toy water gun, they would be arrested on
assault charges. :|
A bunch of people sitting down with their arms lock blocking public access is not really peaceful. If your are forcing the ( insert whatever police force) to move you out of the way, pepper spray is the kindest form of encouragement if they do not respond to "please leave the area."
Just get bunch of Jehovah Witnesses in there and area would be clear in under 5 minutes.
You may be on to something.
The Jehovah Force.
The assertion being that use of tanks to remove people, like your well lauded China, would be better?

I really don't know enough about the circumstances involved to assume that the cops did anything wrong or right in this scenario, but I do know that all of these occupy folks have a history of doing an amazing job of editing video to take out everything they did to provoke the cops right before the cops take some action.
Pregnant protester kicked and peper sprayed

Quote:
Pregnant Woman Miscarries After Being Sprayed With Pepper Spray

"I was standing in the middle of the crowd when the police started moving in," she says. "I was screaming, 'I am pregnant, I am pregnant. Let me through. I am trying to get out.'"

At that point, a Seattle police officer lifted his foot and it hit her in the stomach, and another officer pushed his bicycle into the crowd, again hitting Fox in the stomach. "Right before I turned, both cops lifted their pepper spray and sprayed me. My eyes puffed up and my eyes swelled shut," she says.

She was fine for a couple days, until she started feeling sick.

Jennifer went to the doctor and found out her baby had no heartbeat. "They said the damage was from the kick and that the pepper spray got to it [the fetus], too."
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
The assertion being that use of tanks to remove people, like your well lauded China, would be better?

Tanks? We got tanks!
Ok so the pepper spray got to the baby and was part of the cause?? Its made from peppers, you know organic.
I know a lot of people that should stop eating mexican food.

Do we have any video of her being attacked like see said. If its true then something should be done to the police that did it.

I will wait to see if they release the medical records to prove thats what happened.
Pregnant protester kicked and peper sprayed

Quote:
Pregnant Woman Miscarries After Being Sprayed With Pepper Spray

"I was standing in the middle of the crowd when the police started moving in," she says. "I was screaming, 'I am pregnant, I am pregnant. Let me through. I am trying to get out.'"

At that point, a Seattle police officer lifted his foot and it hit her in the stomach, and another officer pushed his bicycle into the crowd, again hitting Fox in the stomach. "Right before I turned, both cops lifted their pepper spray and sprayed me. My eyes puffed up and my eyes swelled shut," she says.

She was fine for a couple days, until she started feeling sick.

Jennifer went to the doctor and found out her baby had no heartbeat. "They said the damage was from the kick and that the pepper spray got to it [the fetus], too."

OK, If you were pregnant why would you risk your baby standing in the middle of a crowd, especially knowing something like this could happen. I think that's a bad mother. Now the Police ASSUME people would be "RESPONSIBLE" enough to not go somewhere like that pregnant, especially giving the physicality that's been going on.

I seen people with kids at the Tea Party demonstrations. But the thing is, they never were anarchists tearing up shit, camping out shitting all over the place. Myself I wouldn't take a kid younger than 10 to a peaceful protest, I wouldn't take one at all if I knew the history of those protest having police involved. It's simply a bad choice.

I would have respected these protests if they were done how the Tea party protested. There was no camping out, No Violent confrontation. They came they protested they left, YET! their message still got out like it or not. You don't have to go breaking shit, spending MORE tax payer dollars and trying to cause anarchy at the expense of making police officers look bad because they are doing what they are told to. These Wall Street Protesters are a bunch of misguided idiots, they need to protest the douche bags that make the laws and regulations that govern wall street.

So, the police in this incident with the pregnant woman should be investigated to make sure they didn't over step their authority. Also, someone should tell that woman, and any other idiot that goes to a protest. Maybe they should leave their kids at home, or if they are pregnant maybe they shouldn't be in the middle of the goddamn crowd.
Whats that quote? Something like " If you want to test a man's character, give him power"

Cops are just as bad as politicians and the wealthy powers that be, except they are able to affect people more directly on a day by day basis.

Granted I'm sure there is a small percent of decent police officers with common sence and a conscious but many are just crooked self-ritious extreem seeking bullies.

I wish there was a randomly selected board of citizens(almost like jury duty) that investigated and sentenced all the acts of police Corruption and brutality that happens everyday, but sadly when your police need policing then your doing it all wrong from the start.
Originally Posted By: NOC EhWoL
Whats that quote? Something like " If you want to test a man's character, give him power"

Cops are just as bad as politicians and the wealthy powers that be, except they are able to affect people more directly on a day by day basis.

Granted I'm sure there is a small percent of decent police officers with common sence and a conscious but many are just crooked self-ritious extreem seeking bullies.

I wish there was a randomly selected board of citizens(almost like jury duty) that investigated and sentenced all the acts of police Corruption and brutality that happens everyday, but sadly when your police need policing then your doing it all wrong from the start.

Just like any Job you will have people that are bad at it. There are cops that love the thought of being a cop just for instances when they can whip-ass and get away with it. But knowing a few cops myself, and having a friend going through the ranks of the ATF ultimately wanting to go into the FBI. I can tell you there are more cops that only want to do their job without any bullshit to go along with it.

You already have a community picking the police officers for you. The Sheriff is the elected official, if he's not hiring in the type of police force the community wants, it's pretty simple just to vote them out. But the bad cop(s) already in place will have to do something pretty drastic in order to be fired, you can thank the unions for that.
Wolfgang, words cannot start describe how you, and your point of view is fucked up. Your ideology cost you your humanity.
Wolfgang, words cannot start describe how you, and your point of view is fucked up. Your ideology cost you your humanity.

I wouldn't expect you to get it, your lack of common sense is laughable.
That's not a tank.
Originally Posted By: Kaotic

Tanks? We got tanks!

This is a tank, the APV you shown is called a Assault Police Vehicle. See what I mean about the common sense thing!
I had a family member (now deceased) that was well on his way to joining the fbi, on his third and final interview he was asked if he would kill his own sister or mother if ordered to, if Ordered to... He responded no and was then told that they didn't need someone like him.

Often times when we are close to someone we can more easily excuse their behavior, or simply be blind of it.
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang

Yes, I lack conservative "common" sense, where blaming the victim for most heinous assault possible is accepted and expected line of thinking.
most heinous assault possible
Leaving aside the rest of this argument, I thought it was just a tumor draining on the mother's resources until about age 2...
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang

Yes, I lack conservative "common" sense, where blaming the victim for most heinous assault possible is accepted and expected line of thinking.

It's called RESPONSIBILITY. So if your mother is pregnant and took you to a large crowd that was there knowingly causing anarchy, and your mom got mob stomped hit or sprayed with pepper spray, then it's not your mother fault for going there, putting her and her baby in harms way? HOLY FUCK! What kind of dumb ass backwards thinking is that?

That's like walking on a wall, falling causing injury and then blaming it on the wall. /facepalm
Your honor, she asked to get raped by wearing that skimpy clothing and going into that dark alley.
Not the same Sinj and while your coy at your motives it just doesn't mean the same..

I'm kinda in agreement and if you put it `honestly officer I didn't know my friend, to whom I was in the car with, was muleing 4 kilo's of coke`.

You are who you associate with and what you put yourself into. One must ask as well why you have not been in the middle and thick of all of OWS movement if you believe in it so staunchly? Why have you not supported the cause enough to give your wisdom to the masses? Maybe you have but you are who you associate with and I'm sure as a young boy you were told this by your parents over and over again.

Is it right? No, of course not. I associated with many a person who would have been considered wrong and also did many a think that wasn't right but you learn very quickly in those situations the best bet is to stay away from situations, people, issues that and where you can be social associated with or bear that cross daily.

While I feel she has EVERY right to go and protest and stand up for what she believes in also one should consider the consequences of association with people who have been known to be very physical when presented with the option of continuing to break the law or move along peacefully. Obviously she chose her path and while it's unfortunate I also wouldn't give my 10 year old a loaded gun and tell him to go `play with his friends` without accepting some risk of the inevitable.

Sorry..
Your honor, she asked to get raped by wearing that skimpy clothing and going into that dark alley.

Not the same, do you believe in personal responsibility at all? I thought progressives were supposed to be smart and educated! Apparently you don't know what personal responsibility is.

I'm not trying to be all high and mighty, I've done a lot of stupid shit in my life. Actually probably enough for a couple lifetimes. But each time I got hurt or punished for participating, I didn't cry about it blaming someone else. I owned that shit and put my name on it. Yes it sucks what happened to this woman, maybe she should have thought more about her baby instead.
You think pepper spray is harsh, take a look at Syria!

Kids? REALLY?
Syrian crackdown on demonstrations
© The KGB Oracle