Originally Posted By: Kaotic
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
I disagree Arkh, Solar cells have improved leaps and bounds since they were first manufactured, today's solar cells are arranged in large flexible panels which can accommodation many more cells then previous panels and the cells themselves far more efficient at gathering solar energy during peak periods of the day even in cloudy or poor lighting conditions.

They have improved but it is still more efficient to burn fossil fuels at present. Some of the newer tech that suggests the ability to practically print solar cells looks promising but isn't there just yet.

Originally Posted By: Drakiis
Thorium Nuclear may not be the answer either, as that will undoubtedly have a waste byproduct which could potentially damage the environment as well.

From what I've seen the amount of waste produced by a Thorium plant equivalent to a current nuke plant in one year is only one 55 gallon drum full of waste material that will decay in 300 years vs the current run of hundreds or thousands of barrels of waste material that takes thousands of years to fully decay. That's a pretty amazing difference. Add to that the ability to simply shut off the plant if something goes wrong and then start it back up, both with no negative repercussions, and it seems to be far and away better than the current tech.

Arkh talked about this before, Thorium is also easy and more abundant to obtain. This only makes sense, Like I said in my previous post. Why would we just straight to solar panels & wind turbines that still are't efficient enough. That would be dumb to do that. And Drakiis... YES they are more efficient than they were after they were first manufactured. But still have a ways to go. If you want to be the waterhead to jump on these solar panels, wind turbines and electric cars. Then go right ahead, then we will get to see you whine about not having enough energy to charge the batteries for your butt plug.