It's official. KGB is 9 years old.

On 6/3/1997 the KGB Tanarus Team was formed. Some of the original KGB Webpages are still available:

The screen shot is of KGB's site on 6/3/1997. You can see the first JetStar logo below from 6/3/1997:

By July 1997, the KGB system was in place and KGB had grown to several dedicated members:

The beginnings of the KGB ranking and awards system can be seen early on:

Some of our early victories can be seen here:

It was KGB 5 Star general SOULSCREAM that convinced me I had the skills and the resources to lead the best of the best in statistics of the first real open PVP online gaming world on the internet.
That is exactly what we did, as KGB lead in combat by up and coming leader Drek in points and standing.

KGB began to thrive in a clear set of rules. PVP against all clearly definded enemies. I continued to record success and victory unlike any other organization. Competition developed amoung our most gifted PvPers, and KGB thrived.

On we would go. UO, EQ, DAOC, and beyond. Here we are!

At present, I am struggling with my OU Hybrid character. A chance to play with many I have never met in game, as well as something to hone our skills as we prepare for the futute.

1) Our new Prime Minister.
I see it like this. Romeo Montague, KGB Paladin and Prime Minister serves as my liason to our forces engaged in direct combat and Commander in Chief of our members involved in direct combat. Romeo carried the rank to make the nessassary decisions to make us successful in combat. Prime Minister Elph, KGB Chief of Staff for many years, carries the responsibility for all administrative aspects of KGB. Membership process, and observance of KGB rules and guidelines are her primary responsibility.

Article 2, Section 1, Clause 4 of the KGB Constitution clearly states: The Prime Ministers is authorized to carry out the duties of the High King in his absence. This position has all the powers of High King in accordance with the wished and duties assigned by the High King. The Prime Ministers is second in command and his orders should not be questioned.

We all know Prime Minister Elph and Prime Minister Romeo. Both of them are sworn to the KGB quest. I have much to say regarding the two of them and the positions they hold in our Nation.

Romeo Montague is actually a refugee from our UO conquest of the BYZ organization. He rose to power long ago with his balance of PvP skill and ability to lead at a very high level.

Prime Minister Elph started in KGB amoung one of our most historic generations. Immediately recognized by the High King as a gifted administrator, she was promoted quickly despite the objections of our veteran membership.

Elph brought a no bullshit attitude to administration, resisting her tendancy toward restraint and kindness in the enforcement of KGB law and the code that had kept us focused for so long.

Then Prime Minister Elph assisted historic KGB military leader and KGB Warlord Raekwon in the administration of our presence in the world of DAOC. It was during this period that KGB would experience some of it's greatest respect and combined skills. Several of our decorated paladins and most skilled PvPers formed the KGB xTeam. A spec group with some of our most skilled PvPers were very successful and made a name for KGB PvP once and for all.
During a time of vaccuum in leadership, my personal choices in KGB control would turn out to be disasterous. In Shadowbane, which proved to be our final political struggle, KGB Paladin and High Chancellor Binbs turned things around and once again showed KGBs ability to compete and succeed. (Prime Minister Romeo Montague played a key role in this victory).
The departure of the xTeam, which was made up of some of KGBs finest and the promotion of KGB SWG High Chancellor Jedule proved to be a fatal mistake in the advancement of KGB and its new focus on multi-game and multi-faction success proved to be a serious set back in the KGB organization.
Anarchy proved to be the popular form of government. No rules, no guidelines won over.
Despite our respectful defeat, KGB SB factions under Binbs, Romeo, and Holrom rose to the occasion and made a name for themselves during this dark time.

There are so many I have left out. It is so worth reading the KGB news archives, even though we are still adding many historic but lost articles.

Personally I am struggling to learn UO Hybrid and get out there with you all once again. I have not lead in combat since our presence in SB when our understanding and peace with COS was broken because we were learning and rising to be a challenge to quickly.

I long to lead KGB in combat once again in the future.

In my research, I have counted well over 2000 KGB members in the 9 years we have been a presence in online gaming. I hope to work with each of you on a personal level to make KGB the best it can be before our next endeavor.

I each and everyone of you in your commitment to this organization and ideal. I hope to see you in person soon.

In your service on this amazing 9th birthday for KGB,

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter