2 hour long debate about why I should "Believe" in GOD.
How mans standards of morality are COMPLETELY different from being a righteous person in the eyes of GOD.
How even if you live your whole life being a nice person but never accept GOD you don't get into Heaven, but if some dude kills someone and repents they get in(no luxury's though as they told me, still better than burning in hell yeah?).

I eventually provoked one of the famous christian responses to why GOD must be real!

Rebuttal to the anti-evolution argument and proof of GOD:
GOD is real because we are real, our existence is proof that GOD exists. Science is always wrong and constantly changing their mind about what they "said" was fact.

Non-religious vs Christian

Christian: Evolution of man isn't real... We still have monkeys and they are STILL MONKEYS. So how could we have evolved from them if they are still here.

My Response: Maybe your Monkeys are the true children of GOD then, and the word of GOD was "My Children live in harmony with this blessed world I have created for you." And so it was.
Maybe MAN was product of a random amoeba which became an earth killing parasite, that just happened to evolve along the same path as a monkey.

debate ended on that bombshell!
The christian said something about wanting to throw some big object around and the conversation was pointless to continue.

A interesting notion of heaven, hell, and judgment came up as well.

Hell doesn't exist until Armageddon in which the earth becomes Hell and Heaven is still elsewhere. (Maybe GOD just makes us a new earth to live on *shrug* after all he is "All Mighty!") And on the day of Armageddon "Judgment Day" the souls wondering the Earth (Limbo) will then be judged by GOD and accepted or denied entry to Heaven. -You could add to this idea by spinning it into reincarnation somehow, where the "evil" souls are left behind on a dead planet and the "good" ones are given a new home.-

But yeah... blah blah blah interesting debate... fun stuff and I had no real place to document that funny ass rebuttal to his monkey argument so I tossed it up here.
-Enjoy!-

Last edited by Raiden MarkIV; 05/07/10 02:37 AM.