Originally Posted By: Yissu Dojar
You work for Boeing, Tas? I know a lot of people that work/worked for Boeing here in St. Louis.

St. Louis is the other side of the business. That is the Boeing Defense and Security business segment. I work for the Boeing Commercial Airplanes business segment, just north of Seattle.

I settle outstanding assertions from our supplier base for monies they feel are contractually owed to them for work performed on the 787-8 development program. I act as the Financial Analyst in BCA Supplier Management. I am as well one of the three primes for Boeing during negotiations with the partners/suppliers I am assigned.

We deal with a lot of different scenarios, and no two negotiations are the same, similar maybe, but never the same. Its my job to do the analysis, develop the financial portion of the procurement board, that goes all the way to the V.P. of BCA for approval, and then co-facilitate negotiations until a settlement can be reached.

I wear a lot of ties, shake a lot of hands, and try not to blow smoke up peoples back side. I find that when your up front, truthful, and can back your position with facts, you find yourself having a much easier time dropping the hammer on people when they are trying to bullshit you.

One thing I have really learned, there are two worlds. The one world is way we think things should be, the other is how things are handled contractually. The latter being bereft with unfairness, underhanded sneaky tactics, while the aforementioned being the same, just a little more rose colored.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!