Originally Posted By: Drakiis
you mean they haven't out sourced to a foreign job market and killed the common working man or created a record high unemployment so they can pay someone like Syloc 50 cents a hour to push a button all day yet like almost every other American company?

Sure we have. We just call them partners, and not slaves. We have a major aerospace design center in Russia, India, and soon off mainland Japan some place. Too expensive to do in Japan, and the Kiertzu (sp)dicotomy between the Heavy's is Asia makes it tough to put it some place lower cost, and still keep all the ego's in check.

Airbus is going to China, we are going any place other then China. They tried to put us to sleep with the Asian Heavy Industries, so Boeing told them you don't fuck with big blue biotch!!

About 40-70% of our sub systems and sub assemblies come from foreign content. A large percentage of that we own the IP on and the manufacturing process. We pay someone else to make our shit for us, or we enter into partnerships which allow us to keep the IP and MP, but share the cost and profit structures.

I sent a Supplier home today after three hours of negotiations. This was after the fact it was 2 years since they claimed we owed them money. I sent him home because they told me there was no real value to money over time calculations, and they demanded I give them that value in a lump sum payment. The NPV they got sent home for ..... less then $200,000 USD

So I told them to send back their Director and their Comptroller. That's how hard nosed Boeing demands we are in negotiations. We are pretty much turned loose to run down, discredit, and out analyze the enemey. Every dollar we return is like a gold coin saved in the CFO's words.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!